Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your opinion about journalists talking about Bitcoin but are not Hodlers? - page 2. (Read 180 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 111
Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings
It is a sad when you have people discussing things they are generally not knowledgeable about, but at the same time they remain most objective as they have no skin in the game. You may get some bad logic but overall it won't be biased one way or another. They simple report what they see, and you can't fault them for that.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Journalists have cried wolf so many times now that they're now totally uninteresting to anyone already involved, and for anyone thinking of it it's going to push them into thinking for themselves which is not what many a journalist, or rather their employers, set out to do.

I'd like to see the source of that comment about forbidding the ownership of crypto though. They're not lawyers who have specific rules to follow. Who's anyone to tell a journo what to do with their own money in their own time?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Journalists have the right to report on anything.
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
Journalist speak words scripted, they study what they'll going to say and just memorize it but most of the time they don't really know it, I was able to watch the Ellen show, Ellen was trying to explain bitcoins blockchain technology, she was having a difficulty to understand what really is "crypto" but she seems to be praising it since individuals can earn money to it. However, that show was promoting crypto unlike any other journalist who just keep on talking without even knowingf it.

Philippine journalists are fond of it, saying bitcoin is a scam but in reality, bitcoin is just a tool to deceive unwise people not the bitcoin itself is scam.

If a journalist speak but not HODLING then its a waste of time to listen/believe.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
I'm not surprised. Most of the news publishers are  mouthpieces of the Deep State these days, so of course they would want to destabilise any crypto that hasn't been created by the banks.
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
Journalist are supposed to present a true picture based only on the facts of the product , so it should not matter whether they are holders or not. This however does not happen in the real world and stories are written to create a buzz and to sell papers or magazines. so the truth about this sad situation is that whether they are holders or not they are writing the stories from the angles presented to them by their editors and this angle  will always be geared towards selling the paper or magazine.
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
We can't rule out the role of journalists in the cryptocurrency markets. They are in one way or the other responsible for some of the FUD and FOMO which affects Bitcoin and altcoins. However, it is quite shocking to know that most of these journalists are forbidden by their employers to HODL any cryptocurrency. 

I found this on the Twitter page of @CZ_Binance today:

I learned most journalists are forbidden by their employers to hodl any crypto. Should they be forbidden to own fiat if they write about trade-wars?  So now, we have journalists who have never done a single blockchain transaction writing/"teaching the public" about blockchain.

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/989818863138336768

Do you think these set of journalists have the rights to talk about Bitcoin giving the public the wrong perception of what Bitcoin is and is not? Or is it possible to truly understand cryptocurrency without being part of the cryptosphere?
Pages:
Jump to: