Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your reason for buying altcoins? - page 17. (Read 2898 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
December 16, 2021, 07:56:49 AM
I voted for "For fiat/dollar profits".

I think this is the foremost reasons why investors are in crypto in the first place, only few are really for the technology, everyone wanted to double their money in fiat/dollar value.

So if our altcoins goes to the moon then definitely I will sell it to get my fiat profits and it's up to me whether to reinvest it into altcoins ore go to BTC.
copper member
Activity: 389
Merit: 1
December 16, 2021, 07:48:40 AM
We have several altcoin in the market and that's an avenue for diversification of portfolio. The altcoin market has grown over the years to include the good, bad and ugly projects. Though we have many more altcoin projects that are not to be trusted, I still see the market to be growing speedily.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
December 16, 2021, 07:20:04 AM

Do you genuinely believe any of your altcoins can genuinely surpass Bitcoin or Ethereum's market values in near future?

No, I don't believe any of the coins I'm holding right now can surpass what Bitcoin has achieved although they have a good chance with Ethereum, I'm holding altcoins because of their potential to help the industry to grow, they have a platform that can contribute to the adoption of Cryptocurrency and of course profit, the market is dynamic and always changing but none of the coin or token in existence right now can beat Bitcoin's dominance in the market.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 269
December 16, 2021, 07:06:16 AM
Please vote in the poll and explain your reasoning below...

I voted for FIAT profits. I mainly invest into new and upcoming projects and for that i am part of 2 launchpads. Even though i can only invest small amounts, because (i am no crypto Veteran that has a few BTC or Eth laying around from a few years ago and therefore every crypto investment that i make comes from my Bank account), i am still in the profit zone at the moment, even though my portfolio is like 80% down from it's ATH from back in may this year.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
December 16, 2021, 06:31:59 AM
Please vote in the poll and explain your reasoning below...

Mid-way though Bitcoin's 2017 bull-run, Coinbase, the largest crypto exchange at the time, only offered the choice of three coins - BTC, ETH & LTC - before Binance even existed. Ethereum and Litecoin outperformed Bitcoin that year, especially after many new users saw their values had already increased much more than Bitcoin had, while only being given 3 investment choices.

Since May 2021 altcoin's market share has been around 60% of the total crypto market, confirming that the majority of investors are drawn towards altcoins rather than Bitcoin these days. Coinbase now has over 100 different altcoins, while the largest exchange now offers a choice of over 400 options. The days of turning to shady exchanges like Bittrex, Yobit and Cryptopia have long since passed.

But what is your reason for buying and holding these coins? What type of profits (fiat/btc/eth/other) are you hoping to achieve and have you already taken profits?

Do you genuinely believe any of your altcoins can genuinely surpass Bitcoin or Ethereum's market values in near future?
Pages:
Jump to: