Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your reasons for holding bitcoins? - page 5. (Read 542 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0
February 19, 2023, 05:20:58 AM
I believe it will be more in use later and now I'm saving it for future
Activity: 2548
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
February 19, 2023, 03:59:06 AM
I heard people keep saying don't sell when the price rise a little, or when it starts dropping! I don't get, why are you holding it for long? As long as am concerns is just a matter what you want, long term or short term.
I guess you're looking at people who look at Bitcoin as investments. Ofc they wouldn't want to sell it when the price is low (or below their initial investment price), they'd simply end up at a loss with that. As an investor they'd always have a set goal or point where they'd naturally sell their coins to take profit, it could naturally take a long time if the price point they sell is higher than what it is currently right now.

As for being a currency, well, Bitcoin is pretty much usable anywhere and no one can actually limit you to using it as one.  I don't think anyone would have a problem with having something like that at all times.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
February 19, 2023, 03:25:19 AM
I heard people keep saying don't sell when the price rise a little, or when it starts dropping! I don't get, why are you holding it for long? As long as am concerns is just a matter what you want, long term or short term.
I hold because I wanted to earn more. I believe this is the purpose why people are coming here. Why people never sell their Bitcoin when it icreases a little bit, this is because they are not satisfied yet with the price. We have trusted Bitcoin and comfortably it grow more that is why we hold until such time it comes and sells them.
Bitcoin is not your Goldsmith or some banks you build at home that you can control anytime you like.

We can't control the price, that is a fact. But I have control of my Bitcoin because that is mine and I have the keys to access my wallet and I can sell or transfer them anytime I want. I don't think bank is better than this...
Activity: 1540
Merit: 772
February 19, 2023, 02:22:27 AM
Whether you hold or not what will happen in bitcoin will still happens, is good to hold but too long hell no, because am not the future, future is expectations real life is in the present.
The future of Bitcoin is as long as our future. When our future is over then Bitcoin as an asset that you use as a means of profit in real life will end for you. If you save your seed phrase or private key and hand it over to someone you trust before life ends, they will carry on your hopes.

My questions is people keeping bitcoin for too long and begins to hear story?
What's the secret that's different from taking profit?
Is that long term bitcoin don't experience losses?
There are two types of people holding Bitcoin. The first type uses Bitcoin as a means of payment. The second type uses Bitcoin to reap huge profits when the price of Bitcoin reaches the latest ATH. Whether it will be a loss because of holding it for too long, my answer is no. Bitcoin will reach the latest ATH level and that is the basic motivation in holding Bitcoin because history has proven how Bitcoin travels.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
February 19, 2023, 02:01:55 AM
I heard people keep saying don't sell when the price rise a little, or when it starts dropping! I don't get, why are you holding it for long? As long as am concerns is just a matter what you want, long term or short term. Bitcoin is not your Goldsmith or some banks you build at home that you can control anytime you like.
Targets, priorities, mindset.
It all depends on the investor. There are investors who bought Bitcoin because they want to hold it for long term. There are investors who are buying Bitcoin because they want to use it to buy stuffs online. There are some investors who are buying Bitcoin for short-term profits. You don't get it because you are only focusing on one side.

Long-term depends on how many years is "long-term" for you.
Long term might be 3 years and with that span of time, Bitcoin experienced losses after it going up so much. Bitcoin experienced losses over the long term, but looking at its price movement for the past 14 years, it goes up, it goes down to make a huge retracement and it will go up again even higher than it's previous high. Now to answer your question, my reason why I'm holding Bitcoin is for the future and I'm holding because of trust. Trust that it will up in the future then I will sell it as it reaches my target.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
February 19, 2023, 02:00:26 AM

Bitcoin project is not buying and selling products of quick returns, is long term with proper understand and patients.

OP, we carefully read the quote's author, who came to a completely different conclusion last night. Don't you feel like you're inconsistent?
Well, on topic, you are always the master of your investment. No one forbids you to hold Bitcoin as soon as its price rises by a few dollars. But if you don't need money and have an understanding of the value of bitcoin, you must understand that long-term storage brings great profits, as time will always prove.
But yes, I agree that depriving yourself of everything you need in life is sometimes a mistake.  Again, if you have free capital that you don't need to spend now, why not invest in Bitcoin?
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
February 19, 2023, 01:46:28 AM
I heard people keep saying don't sell when the price rise a little, or when it starts dropping! I don't get, why are you holding it for long? As long as am concerns is just a matter what you want, long term or short term. Bitcoin is not your Goldsmith or some banks you build at home that you can control anytime you like.

To me bitcoin is there to gives you money when you're satisfied to take the money or take your if can't wait when is dropping. I can't hold for too long is personal or I will never take investment in a short is till personal.

Whether you hold or not what will happen in bitcoin will still happens, is good to hold but too long hell no, because am not the future, future is expectations real life is in the present.

You are the sole owner of the bitcoin in your wallet and if you do not want to hold that long then no one can force you.

However the recommendation of holding your coins for as long as you can comes from the fact that bitcoin keeps going up in value, it is true it can go down as well but on average it only goes up, and if that is the case then why sell an asset like that? The most logical move would be to keep it and use fiat which does the opposite process whenever possible, by the way this process has a name and it is called the gresham law and it has been a known process for a very long time.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
February 19, 2023, 01:40:14 AM
We just hold it for long so that we can earn profit. I know you are contented, no matter how small your profit is, but not all people have the same mindset as you; it doesn't mean they are greedy, but they want to get more profit, as there is also a high chance in a few years that you can get more profit, though it requires patience. It won't work on you since you can't wait, so we have different strategies. Some of us have the same strategy as you: a small rise, which they will then sell off, while others hold on for a greater chance of getting big profits.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
February 19, 2023, 12:52:05 AM
It gives me flexibility. If you live in a country where certain companies aren't available to you (paypal isn't available here for example) then bitcoin gives you an option to make international trades. I can sell my services for bitcoins and then convert them to my local currency and I can also do the opposite. (buying a service or a product) I can do the same thing with a credit card but they only work with the big companies. What If I just want to buy something from some random dude? This is the situation where bitcoin really shines.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 19, 2023, 12:50:57 AM
I heard people keep saying don't sell when the price rise a little, or when it starts dropping!
You should never sell bitcoin just because price went up or down, a little or a lot.
Bitcoin is not an investment to begin with, it is a currency and you shouldn't buy it only to make profit. It is a currency that is designed to give you financial sovereignty.

I don't get, why are you holding it for long?
I don't hold bitcoin, I use it as a currency meaning as it was meant to be used. To receive payments and make payments.

Not so far and possibly not in the foreseeable future until mass adoption.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
February 19, 2023, 12:44:03 AM
Bitcoin is not your Goldsmith or some banks you build at home that you can control anytime you like.
Actually when you hold your coins on non custodial wallet, you're have full control over it. You can move or sell it in anytime you want. What we can't control is the price since it's depends on the demand and supply.

To me bitcoin is there to gives you money when you're satisfied to take the money or take your if can't wait when is dropping. I can't hold for too long is personal or I will never take investment in a short is till personal.
Okay, so... what's the problem is? Cheesy

Many experienced users are only give advice and guide because they don't want to see the next generation regret their own decision. After all if you disagree with them, you can do what you like. You can hold your coins on unknown closed source web wallet, submit every KYC to shitcoin projects, use scam exchanges etc, no one will able to control you lol.

If you look at the graph, you will know the answer.
Activity: 28
Merit: 12
February 19, 2023, 12:30:38 AM

Pages:
Jump to: