Pages:
Author

Topic: When an ALT gets listed on exchange how is the price determined? - page 2. (Read 1197 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 256
The initial coin listing price should be fixed by the coin’s owner. After that, the buyers and sellers of the exchanges set the price depending on the price they are willing to buy and sell.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Once the altcoin is on the exchange its price is determined by the buying and selling of the coins by the consumers and the company itself plays no role in its determination of price though there exist entities in the market like market markers who regulate the market and determine coin price.
Activity: 119
I think prices were initially determined by ICO suppliers, but price increases were reduced by supply and demand.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
There are many factors of this determination and everything depends on the alternative cryptocurrency and exchange there. I think that there is not the right answer without information.
Activity: 196
The coin comes to the exchanges with the price that was on the ico, the price already depends on the purchases, sales of the coin and on the volume
Activity: 180
I would say the opening price should open up at the last ICO price that was used.  This should make a smooth transition over to the exchange trading.  I know on day 1 its usually a wild ride.  Spike up (sometimes huge) follwed by a sharp down. 
Activity: 392
I believe they must have a set of standard that determines the price of coins. Later the usefulness of the alt coin can greatly contribute to its price. If you look at the market today,  you will notice that some altcoin keep falling in price on a daily basis, but in that same market you find out some coins are growing at a high speed.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
In my opinion, price is based on the first decision of ICO's campaign and it is rising or falling in accordance to the current results of going on project.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
Everything depends heavily on the state of the market, if it is on the rise, when the token is listed on the exchange, it can cost more than the price on the ICO was, when the market is in the price can be often lower, also it depends when the tokens for the bounty company where distributed, usually the price of the token is peaked a few days after the listing, and then everyone forgets about the token and the next pump will happen only after good news or a list on a new exchange.

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
There is an initial price specified in ICO, but when the coin goes to the exchange, the price is less and then if the coin or token is in demand then it starts to increase..
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
You'll notice that once coins get listed on an exchange, their starting price is often WAY higher than the price they end up dropping to. I think a lot of people just dump their coins on the first chance they can get, which is when it is released on an exchange. Very rarely will there be a coin that get listed that doesn't immediately see a massive drop in price.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
The Future of Security Tokens
Hey guys,

Question I have is: once an ICO is over and later an ALT coin/token gets listed on exchange, how is the price of the ALT determined?

Is there for example a formula that is used by exchanges based on ICO sale price or is it just pure supply/demand? So in the case of the latter, does the exchange simply list the coin and let the buy/sell orders drive the price?

Also to add to this question, if an ICO decided to give away ALL it's coins/tokens as an airdrop, can it still be listed on exchange? Or that would not be possible?

Look forward to feedback on this.

Everything depends heavily on the state of the market, if it is on the rise, when the token is listed on the exchange, it can cost more than the price on the ICO was, when the market is in the price can be often lower, also it depends when the tokens for the bounty company where distributed, usually the price of the token is peaked a few days after the listing, and then everyone forgets about the token and the next pump will happen only after good news or a list on a new exchange.
Activity: 251
I think if ico succeeds and alt gets list exchange. Their price is very high, because many people know it is the best way
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
The price is determined by supply-demand as it is said in friends. But I think the team that sells tokens is buying at a certain price so that they can fall in price. In this way they prevent their token from depreciating to a certain level.
Activity: 239
Answering second one, I think that an ICO that is doing that, instead of burning coin are devaluating them, because of dump
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
There is no exact basis for the rise and fall! Everything according to market rules! Another part is that the "shark" manipulates the market!
But I always believe the digital money market will grow in the near future!
Activity: 210
it based on the seller and buyers decision.
People are setting the price of any token in the market, it is based on the supply and demand.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
For a currency to have value, it needs two important things: first, long-term sustainability through portfolios and users who are buying and selling digital currency in exchanges while using storage methods to maintain their currencies, is the classic offer and demand for the coins. And second, Business / Usability, if a company accepts a cryptocurrency as a form of payment, this gives usability, that is, these currencies are an exchange of value. If your currency complies with these characteristics your demand will increase by determining your price upwards or the opposite may occur, therefore the price is not determined by the exchange.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 102
it took me a while to figure it out i think the price is determined of how much peope buy and sell the coin and the idea of the project.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
If the new token after ICO first enters the exchange, its initial price is set by the ICO command. However, then the price of this token is formed solely on the basis of supply and demand. And constantly the price is influenced by various factors. If the ICO project is still unfolding, then the price of the token will only increase with time.
Pages:
Jump to: