Pages:
Author

Topic: When Bitcoin moons... alt-coins will die. - page 3. (Read 3218 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
"altcoin" is an outmoded term.  Anything that's a mere altcoin, i.e. clone of bitcoin with minor changes will indeed faire very badly if it hasn't died already.  Crypto 2.0 systems, such as BitShares, which received millions in funding and had 18 months+ of full time development by a brilliant team, is not really an "altcoin".  It's a vital part of the crypto ecosystem providing a stable crypto bank account for everyone in the cryptospace without having to touch regulated exchanges.

When bitcoin gets an investment meal, it feeds the real crypto 2.0 projects as well.  It's good for the whole ecosystem. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
There will always be a market for altcoins, because they have different usabilities, or because some people just likes something different.

As you can see from the past, if the price of bitcoin rises, altcoins will follow.

Also as long as this is a grey area legally, those who missed out on the Bitcoin train will always look for another way to make quick and fast money through alts.

Bitcoin going up $25-50 dollars doesn't benefit many people except whales.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
There will always be a market for altcoins, because they have different usabilities, or because some people just likes something different.

As you can see from the past, if the price of bitcoin rises, altcoins will follow.
Activity: 826
Altcoins are dead already. Am I wrong? Which altcoin is doing good since its release? I can't see any of them.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
I would listen to the people trading BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Like when alt coins died in late 2013/early 2014 when Bitcoin hovered around $1000? Doubt it. If anything it will be another alt boom.
legendary
Activity: 1036
https://bmy.guide
Ok so you have some bitcoin, buncha altcoins and youre just waiting for the day bitcoin moons like you've always dreamed.

You woke up this morning and bitcoin was $1,000 you bought in at $600 and you held ever since.. in debt.

So you immediately sell your bitcoin to regain your investment. You then are happy from your profits after many long bearish seasons.

You then realize you could sell all your altcoins for a ton of extra bitcoin! you cash out 1 btc  of your favorite coin but then you notice the buy support would only allow maybe a few more people like you to sell off their holdings for bitcoin.

After no more buy support every one is considered bagholding right? and would require more bitcoin or new investors to buy all those coins... who is going to buy play altcoins when they cost 10x as much in fiat money?  just wondering if anyone else pictured this scenario
Pages:
Jump to: