Pages:
Author

Topic: When Bitcoin Must Be Inherited - page 7. (Read 923 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
July 09, 2020, 10:26:34 PM
I think this is a very good idea, and I hope that someday there will be a crypto exchange and a crypto wallet that provides inherited features, so users will be safe and comfortable.

To have such a feature will most likely require a centralized authority to have access to your wallet's private keys, which is obviously a no-go. The simplest thing I can think of is simply having a written instructions on how and where to get your written mnemonic phrase, and how to import it on a hardware wallet or something.
copper member
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
July 09, 2020, 09:32:54 PM
I don't think it's necessary to think to have an app or another exchange to have access to the private keys for that. Basic instruction towards your inheritance would suffice. Might it be linked to help them understand how to extract the crypto or just plain message with what the inheritance is, probably something related to that sense?

Not your keys, not your coins.
Activity: 48
Merit: 4
July 09, 2020, 09:23:57 PM
Over the past decade, the number of Bitcoin investors and other types of crypto assets has grown tremendously. Based on data by Coinmetrics, there are currently around 12 million Bitcoin millionaires in the world. However, there are those who die every year, without heirs who can access Bitcoin. The amount reaches 4 million Bitcoin (around US $ 40 billion), according to Coincover.
Meanwhile, based on the results of a survey by the Cremation Institute, of 1,150 respondents, 89 percent of them are very worried about losing their crypt assets. However, only 23 percent have a specific plan to pass it on to the closest person, for example to their husband, wife or children.
I think this is a very good idea, and I hope that someday there will be a crypto exchange and a crypto wallet that provides inherited features, so users will be safe and comfortable.
Pages:
Jump to: