Pages:
Author

Topic: When Bitcoin will be taxed, will it still be as in demand as it right now? - page 5. (Read 1975 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Tax or no tax will not have any adverse effect on the demand for bitcoin, in my country exchanging bitcoin to fiat via banks attracts some little deduction from the account of the buyer I.e indirectly taxed but this did not discourage exchangers from there operations I believed even with introduction of tax the demand for bitcoin will soar.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
No it won't. Taxing btc is removing one of the features that made it popular to users right now. There will still be use for btc of course but the decline in users would be a lot.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
Government cant really taxed bitcoin transactions directly because the transactions offered by bitcoin is from user to user and not under any company or corporation thats why the demand for bitcoin is getting high because free lancers choose this kind of payment from their work or project.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
When Bitcoin will be universally accepted accepted by Government, of course it will be taxed accordingly. Do you think it will still be as in demand as it is right now, that makes its price higher and higher everyday.

Does the bitcoin community is ready for this?
I don't think it will be taxed like how government taxes owning real property. Government taxes property in a yearly manner and depending how big your estate is (well in most states). Most likely bitcoin will only be taxed in terms of its use. So it will not be taxed because you are just holding it, but likely when you profit from its use. More of an income tax.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Bitcoin will be taxed if the government will accept and make it as a legal currency. If they will tax bitcoin then that is when they are going to make profits because they know that there is a high profit in bitcoin and i think it will be still in high demand because the people will feel more comfortable becuase of the legality of bitcoin that is backed by the government.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
I think it will still in high demands, most of  the transaction is hidden and unknown, so the government will have difficulty to track the transaction, and now we are already being taxed, when we want to convert the Bitcoin to the Fiat, and up until now the demands is still high
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
Bitcoin is already taxed! Whether we intelligently accept this or ignorantly argue it, there's tax placed on Bitcoin whenever we make any transaction with Bitcoin. Of course whenever we make conversion into fiat the tax becomes obvious as banks exemplify this. Also, don't miners get paid through our transactions? Shouldn't we equate that as tax too. Anyway, tax or no tax, I don't see this affecting the usage of Bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
When Bitcoin will be universally accepted accepted by Government, of course it will be taxed accordingly. Do you think it will still be as in demand as it is right now, that makes its price higher and higher everyday.

Taxing would not affect usage of bitcoins in any way.More people would be interested in buying bitcoins continuously which would increase its demand and hence its price also.We recently saw japan legalizing bitcoin.Japanese know very well that their bitcoin earnings would be taxed but still they showed more interest in buying bitcoins which created a great demand for bitcoins and it led to the rise in price of bitcoins also internationally.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

For me, even if the government doesn't really accept bitcoin, we are being taxed as a bitcoin user. Every transaction we made, we pay a fee to miners, I think I can call that as a tax.
And I don't think bitcoin will be having a tax these years, not after a lot of years.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: