Pages:
Author

Topic: When did altcoins got so popular? - page 2. (Read 2689 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 250
September 01, 2017, 01:33:22 PM
Altcoins are a lot more diverse rather than bitcoin and offer development for projects that further economic businesses. For example Ripple provides banks to source liquidity on demand in real time
without having to pre-fund nostro accounts (From the website).
Ripple cannot call is an altcoin, for me it just token asset and the value of it very high if compare with the potential or real value. We also know cryptocurrency is decentralization and Ripple doing the opposite this defition. Bank use this coin for transfer money = centralization.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 01, 2017, 01:13:10 PM
I think it was in 2016 or so. Bitcoin's scaling issues showed no end in sight, and people had had enough. It Dash and Eth went nuts, then Ripple finally took on this serious markets guy, I think from CME or something. His orders were, pump the old girl, and boy did he! (Kind of contradicted repeated previous public statements that they'd never pump XRP and would work against that, but hey if people are throwing money at you, who says no?)
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
September 01, 2017, 12:09:46 PM
Altcoins are a lot more diverse rather than bitcoin and offer development for projects that further economic businesses. For example Ripple provides banks to source liquidity on demand in real time
without having to pre-fund nostro accounts (From the website).
Activity: 331
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
September 01, 2017, 11:32:19 AM
Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

In my own opinion, altcoin started to be popular when bitcoin's price started to increase even the altcoins price thats why many people started to use altcoin. Bitcoin and altcoin has a big connection because some people says when you use bitcoin you need to try to use altcoin too for a more better earnings.
You can understand the capital from Bitcoin market (BTC/USD) will transfer to altcoin market after the price of Bitcoin stable. Because most trader are speculator in recent, they buy Bitcoin for the reason the value of it increase fast. After see altcoin on market increase fast than Bitcoin, they will transfer their Bitcoin to Altcoin, do not need create trap.
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
September 01, 2017, 09:51:51 AM
well i did not really know when did the altcoins got so famous but the reason behind it is, most of the people want to repeat the history like bitcoin, they want to buy altcoins because they are expecting that the coin that they buy will be like bitcoin
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
September 01, 2017, 09:37:17 AM
Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

In my own opinion, altcoin started to be popular when bitcoin's price started to increase even the altcoins price thats why many people started to use altcoin. Bitcoin and altcoin has a big connection because some people says when you use bitcoin you need to try to use altcoin too for a more better earnings.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
August 31, 2017, 10:40:42 PM
When the bitcoin price is increasing in about a year ago the idea of new coins is start to crate and thats the beggining of the altcoins
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
August 31, 2017, 10:03:03 PM
Was it altcoin forum that popular here before bitcoin exploded above 500 dollars?  I remember in 2016, bitcoin was pretty stable at the 300-450 area for a while etc.  Then it got so high all the way to 500, then 1000 and beyond etc.  Then once it got that high, that is when i started reading about altcoins.  I noticed that many of the top altcoins were still very cheap prices etc.  So wouldn't that mean these altcoins that popular etc?

Activity: 63
August 19, 2017, 09:04:37 PM
With the success of Bitcoin we entered the crypto era, many developers who saw the success of that exact cryptocurrency had the ambition to create their own, backed by the people who believed in them and investors trying to find the perfect coin that will make them millionaires we ended up with huge amount of altcoins, shite or not. In order to answer the question: When did altcoins get so popular? It was after people saw the success of BTC
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 15, 2017, 01:03:23 AM
Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

I think it got popular just few years back because altcoin involved a lot of money and a lot of people are taking advantage of it. Altcoins are good for trading, you can earn a lot of money through altcoin trading. I think it's one of the best attribute of atlcoin.
Activity: 98
August 14, 2017, 11:17:16 PM
because the bitcoin are so expensive tech team develop alternative coin that can trade and invest. most of them are low in price but because of continue mining and trading their value increase. it just like when the law of supply and demand....
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2017, 12:58:53 PM
Yeah, last 1-2 years it has been almost ridiculous. For a few months in the spring it seemed like every single coin (even the sh!tcoins and scamcoin) was doing well. It was as if people were buying BTC from all over and just throwing money at altcoins. By July many of them were gutted, but they're already recovering.
Yup last month all altcoins got value, and many people are invested in almost all altcoins. When this segwit2x announced from that time people are started to buy altcoins. Before ETH I think no one showed interest on altcoins. When the ETH stands in the market, and suddenly the price of the ETH increased people are started to believe in altcoins. 
Activity: 145
August 13, 2017, 12:33:51 PM
Yeah, last 1-2 years it has been almost ridiculous. For a few months in the spring it seemed like every single coin (even the sh!tcoins and scamcoin) was doing well. It was as if people were buying BTC from all over and just throwing money at altcoins. By July many of them were gutted, but they're already recovering.
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
August 13, 2017, 12:25:12 PM
I think altcoins got popular 2 years or maybe last year when everyone was into faucets and claimed a lot from those. Now the ones that are popular are from ICO's, the tokens and coins you got out of the project.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
August 13, 2017, 12:24:54 PM
Hey all.  I would like to know this.  We all know bitcoin got well know a while back.  But it wasn't until this year when bitcoin hit 1000 dollars when everyone became aware of it.  Then it went up more and more etc.  I did not know much about any other coins besides litecoin.  I had no clue there were so many coins etc.

Well what i want to know is when exactly did all these altcoins got so popular but most importantly, were there lot of discussions of altcoins before bitcoin hit 1000 dollars?  Because had i know about these altcoins, i probably would have gotten a good bit of them at low prices.  I had no clue litecoin was so low price at the start of this year.  Basically every altcoin in the top 25 etc has went up a lot where you could have made so much money etc.

It is because their are some altcoins which are worth to hold for long and they are working very good with lot of projects, and as everyone said altcoins are mostly created to make money fast buy pump and dump.
Activity: 512
August 13, 2017, 12:20:40 PM
Everyone wants to buy into the next Bitcoin or the next Ethereum it's that simple.
and they will get there chance many new alt coins are skyrockting good luck to them all
Activity: 348
Merit: 252
August 13, 2017, 12:14:28 PM
It's not that altcoins became popular, it is that ICOs and startup built around those models provide innovations, need, and liquidity, this coupled with the general crypto currency adoption makes it good reason to see them shine.

ICO in particular and all the altcoin in general are booming strong. Despite the uncertainty of the market, they are becoming more and more popular. This makes all of us fall into a bubble, and it can explode at any time.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 116
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
August 13, 2017, 11:51:42 AM
It is getting a lot of attentions early this year, something to do with ico(s) coming out everyday.
I could be wrong.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 462
August 13, 2017, 11:27:49 AM
Alt coin has become popular because it gives a very promising profit, and some of the alt coin can give more profit than Bitcoin and trading alt coin is more profitable than bitcoin, many people gained more profit with trading alt coin, alt coin is really suitable for short term investment

I think you're right and economical motivation is very high for most people. Profit attracts attention and here comes real development Smiley
Altcoin thats right it is profitable in any aspects thats why it become more popular as of now.
Activity: 319
August 13, 2017, 11:17:03 AM
Alt coin has become popular because it gives a very promising profit, and some of the alt coin can give more profit than Bitcoin and trading alt coin is more profitable than bitcoin, many people gained more profit with trading alt coin, alt coin is really suitable for short term investment

I think you're right and economical motivation is very high for most people. Profit attracts attention and here comes real development Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: