Pages:
Author

Topic: When Do you realize a Crypto project is scam or Fraud? - page 4. (Read 7822 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
Sometimes its quite difficult to detect a scam or fraud. The project may look authentic but may be scam. If background check isn't done well. I think scam projects have never had clear prospects and goals. They may even offer huge allocation of funds just to lure investors into the project.
Activity: 616
Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc
The scam project doesn't have a clear concept and the website has a bad look. Don't be easily tempted by the enormous allocation of funds. Do a re-check especially on the Roadmap. It should work well with road maps and if not you need to be vigilant.
Activity: 785
Merit: 105
At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?
If a project starts to show signs of fraud, they will abandon investors and questions on their telegram channel. they will not distribution on time or to dealine to distribution the bounty without a notice for the return date. there is even a project that offers thousands of reasons to cut down on the amount of bounty hunter payouts. I had a project after the end of the bounty, the amount I received was only one-twentieth the amount I deserved.
Activity: 395
Merit: 102
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
What l mean that first, you must get about the projet some information. l suggest you best projects such as ETH, BTC, etc. For example, you were holding for ages, but there is no progress, don't keep holding it. l advise to sell it. Overall it doesn't seem useful. It is no exaggeration to say that, such this project is misleading and is not rewarding.
Activity: 686
Based on my experience, the characteristics of a scam project are usually when the team does not develop their project and lack of marketing both online and offline. Then if they shut down the website and their social media i think it's clear if the project is a scam.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
That's what I'm afraid when I try to join new crypto project especially altcoin.
Usually I only interest when I can join workshop at my place or the project is local so I can inspect more easily so I can determine what should I decide.

At least it minimalize the risk rather than nothing,right ?
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
It can be clearly seen after several months of trading. Some teams are just giving up on development after a successful token sale and do not care about the current price, product or community. If a coin does not move for several months, it is a bad sign.
Activity: 524
Merit: 100
io.ezystayz.com
At a point the team start given excuses to abide by what they promised to do or stop communicating with the community then I can sense the project is scam. How do you determine a project is gone bad and won't fulfil it promise? What criteria do you use ? or you wait for years thinking all will be well ?
for me i will always check the team identity their background about crypto, project development, quality of the whitepaper and their community, that's criteria i use to bounty project so my effort will become worth it and not just go to waste.
Activity: 672
I rate scam projects from demand made on the market, I think every project that does not make investors interested will exit scam.
and also the plagiarism whitepaper, I think the project that did that was confirmed to be a scam.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
I've come across with the Scam projects of course. For bounty hunter the first signal of fraud can serve as a closing spreadsheet and the lack of specificity in the reports of the moderator.
With me if that project scam. surely they will never distribute bonuses. Or distribution delay, Obviously they do not want to pay bounty hunters. I have met many such projects in the past 2 years
What you say is really a sign of the fraud of projects but worse and more sophisticated, many phishing projects still pay full tokens and bonus distribution, the hunters still get rewards through bounty but the most obnoxious issue that people always face is the promise of projects, they always promise to list and have new plans but once after that many times. Since then, the project has died over time, this is something I recognize from scam projects, they never have a fix on listing, they just talk for fun instead of doing it.
Activity: 193
Merit: 3
I will realize that if their project starts quiet, I mean the team no longer cares about the project / is not active in telegram connections / is very slow in managing the responses of the participants. there I began to suspect whether the project would fail.
Activity: 42
Crypto
I just realized today that the scum project , in which I took part , namely making a video review of the bounty Winstars company, appealed to Mr. Andrei Zaitsev , that he helped me to make a swap of tokens, to which he insulted me and acted obscenely in a rude manner. So a person who does not know how to communicate , can not lead the project. This is pure Scam.
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Projects that delay development aren't serious with their project,they have no reason to delay the progress for a long time and some that are scam are just waiting for an excuse to exit scam with investors money,the moment you stop receiving updates on projects social channels this means they might not be who you think they are
copper member
Activity: 206
When the team stops giving updates to the community for so long, that's a sign that something is not right with the project. For instance I'm holding CNC Economic token since last year, initially the team gives updates in hours, after token sale they went silent and if you ask about listing, they ban you from the group.  
Activity: 316
Some of the projects in cryptocurrency is a scam  you just needed do search and reviews about the project so you have been scammed by those scammers ,and i only promote and go in the legit projects that can bring me a good income through the year, to support my financial in day to day trading.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250

They gradually do not answer questions that they do not have answers to. And gradually the project support on telegram no longer works. Facebook and Twitter channels stop posting new articles
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
When all the transactions are stopped by the exchange and no notice is given for such deed , I assume that project to be fake. I have been in loss so many times , so I invest very carefully.
Activity: 436
Merit: 268
I've come across with the Scam projects of course. For bounty hunter the first signal of fraud can serve as a closing spreadsheet and the lack of specificity in the reports of the moderator.
With me if that project scam. surely they will never distribute bonuses. Or distribution delay, Obviously they do not want to pay bounty hunters. I have met many such projects in the past 2 years
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
In most cases you will realize after you lose everything, so you do not have much to do with that.
There is no prevention, many teams are promising and promising and then suddenly changed their mind and leave the project.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
When there are no more requests and in each market there is no volume. With that, it is confirmed that sooner or later the crypto project will die. Because it can't compete with other projects. The crypto project is dead, of course they have no new breakthrough in the project and its development will die.

I think you are discussing a project that has been registered in exchange, what if they are still in the promotion stage? do we also have to wait for them to be in the market to find out they are scam or not !!!
Pages:
Jump to: