Pages:
Author

Topic: When do you think Monero and Bitcoin will reach price parity? - page 3. (Read 5447 times)

Activity: 712
Merit: 500
Probably we won't see that in the near future. Just because an altcoin will never get the marketcap as the original cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
I would say it would be impossible to reach BTC parity. Are you crazy? But we have been proven wrong before with the case of Bitcoin. No one would believe it would reach prices above $100 4 or 5 years ago.

As far as I know Monero is an infltionary coin.So no limit in coin supply!
And to reach parity I think there is only one possibility.This is Bitcoin has to lose massively in value.
But I doubt that this is going to happen.Sure there are no certainties and sometimes even the worst case happens.However I believe in terms of Bitcoin it is very unlikely.Monero had a huge pump.But I doubt it will pump to the 3 digitd or even high 2 digits.
Everybody invested in Monero enjoy the pump, but do not over ride it.Correction/dump will happen as this is needed due to market behaviours and a healthy price development.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I would say it would be impossible to reach BTC parity. Are you crazy? But we have been proven wrong before with the case of Bitcoin. No one would believe it would reach prices above $100 4 or 5 years ago.

but XAU breaks the record of bitcoin and setting 2BTC up market price lately.. Gold is the best investment here in crypto currency.
I think monero have the possibility to do it because the devs is very optimistic, I can't estimate the time for it but predict that it can reach it maybe 10 years from now. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
By the 2020's, XMR:BTC will be at around a 20:1 ratio.  You heard it here first.

This could happen only if something really bad happens to BTC and everything crumbles to dust.
I prefer something more realistic like 1 XMR = 0.25 BTC and both going upwards nicely. But even this is extremely hard to achieve.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Very imposible is monero price in same one bitcoin
monero price and community still under ethereum and litecoin
is hihger over price litecoin is super very good but still imposible
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
You mean xmr/btc =1? I think is impossible cause eth, dash can't be that, xmr can't do it either, xmr is a terrific coin but not all altcoins can be bitcoin.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

Sandiman you know... if bitcoin ever did what it COULD do... there would be no alt-scene and no one would be talking here, you been here long enough to know that.

Never said that, I am far away from being a bitcoin maximalist. Nonetheless, bitcoin related development should not be under estimated. I couldn't find the chart highlighting my point, but a big portion of btc transaction volume is a consequence of project development on the bitcoin network.

"Now for the bad news. Mimblewimble, in its current form, is not very compatible with the Bitcoin protocol. This is mainly because for Mimblewimble to work, script must be purged from transactions. As such, there would no longer be room for a whole set of Bitcoin features, like time-locked transactions (used for the Lightning Network among other things), atomic swaps (for cross-blockchain interoperability), and more.

But that doesn’t make Mimblewimble useless. Mimblewimble may, for instance, be the perfect fit for a privacy-focused sidechain. Bitcoin users could lock their bitcoins into a specific output on the Bitcoin blockchain and “move” their coins to the Mimblewimble chain. On this sidechain, users could transact freely and privately for as long as they want, until the new owner decides to “move” the funds back to the Bitcoin blockchain by unlocking the original output."

Hmmm..... Now what does that remind me of? 

http://www.cnet.com/news/nsa-likely-targets-anybody-whos-tor-curious/ 

Add-on privacy, treating untraceability as some kind of bonus feature WILL. NOT.  WORK.  This shows it.  Privacy must be inherent in a protocol from day one, block one - no exceptions.

I can agree with that, but as time goes on, monero chance of enjoying network effect and so a minimal point of adoption for its long term survival are reducing.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504

"Now for the bad news. Mimblewimble, in its current form, is not very compatible with the Bitcoin protocol. This is mainly because for Mimblewimble to work, script must be purged from transactions. As such, there would no longer be room for a whole set of Bitcoin features, like time-locked transactions (used for the Lightning Network among other things), atomic swaps (for cross-blockchain interoperability), and more.

But that doesn’t make Mimblewimble useless. Mimblewimble may, for instance, be the perfect fit for a privacy-focused sidechain. Bitcoin users could lock their bitcoins into a specific output on the Bitcoin blockchain and “move” their coins to the Mimblewimble chain. On this sidechain, users could transact freely and privately for as long as they want, until the new owner decides to “move” the funds back to the Bitcoin blockchain by unlocking the original output."

Hmmm..... Now what does that remind me of? 

http://www.cnet.com/news/nsa-likely-targets-anybody-whos-tor-curious/  

Add-on privacy, treating untraceability as some kind of bonus feature WILL. NOT.  WORK.  This shows it.  Privacy must be inherent in a protocol from day one, block one - no exceptions.
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
As Monero gets ready to graduate, and the GUI and Ring CT take front stage, I can't help but wonder - when will people realize they are still transacting on the equivalent of a VCR? 

Yes, we all have VCRs, and we all have invested a lot of time in building a great network of business and tech supporting them... But guys - we just invented the crypto equivalent of the DVD.  It's called Monero, and it does something Bitcoin can never do.  It incorporates true protocol level privacy from the first block to the last. 

So how much longer will we denominate Monero in fractions of a Bitcoin?  It can't be that much longer.  I predict by 2019 we will see a monster shift and a black swan almost no one sees - not even the crypto faithful. 

That's right.  Monero, not Bitcoin will become the default unit of crypto accounting.  Why?  Consider this: what's privacy worth?  It's worth a lot.  In fact, mathematics and economics predicts that privacy is usually worth 15x to 20x worth the public equivalent.  So expect it. 

By the 2020's, XMR:BTC will be at around a 20:1 ratio.  You heard it here first.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mimblewimble-how-a-stripped-down-version-of-bitcoin-could-improve-privacy-fungibility-and-scalability-all-at-once-1471038001

Sandiman you know... if bitcoin ever did what it COULD do... there would be no alt-scene and no one would be talking here, you been here long enough to know that.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
As Monero gets ready to graduate, and the GUI and Ring CT take front stage, I can't help but wonder - when will people realize they are still transacting on the equivalent of a VCR? 

Yes, we all have VCRs, and we all have invested a lot of time in building a great network of business and tech supporting them... But guys - we just invented the crypto equivalent of the DVD.  It's called Monero, and it does something Bitcoin can never do.  It incorporates true protocol level privacy from the first block to the last. 

So how much longer will we denominate Monero in fractions of a Bitcoin?  It can't be that much longer.  I predict by 2019 we will see a monster shift and a black swan almost no one sees - not even the crypto faithful. 

That's right.  Monero, not Bitcoin will become the default unit of crypto accounting.  Why?  Consider this: what's privacy worth?  It's worth a lot.  In fact, mathematics and economics predicts that privacy is usually worth 15x to 20x worth the public equivalent.  So expect it. 

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mimblewimble-how-a-stripped-down-version-of-bitcoin-could-improve-privacy-fungibility-and-scalability-all-at-once-1471038001
Activity: 770
Merit: 504

Pages:
Jump to: