Pages:
Author

Topic: when should bitcoin hodlers start spending ? - page 4. (Read 661 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
November 05, 2017, 09:35:57 PM
I myself itch if it takes too long to hold Bitcoin and not spend it. I prefer to set aside my Bitcoin for trading and a little more to buy internet data packages. Trading with Bitcoin that we have, will make our heart trained. Because surely we will see loss and not always win in spending Bitcoin for trading. So, HODL is the best. But trading is challenge.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 05, 2017, 09:24:32 PM
are we spending too much time just trading BTC? hodling BTC? because I feel the least people are doing is using is BTC as a fiscal currency for purchases
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 05, 2017, 09:21:40 PM
HODL/Investment = Profit
at some point spending will begin...

If you are say that when bitcoin becomes mainstream worldwide adoption as a means of payment, then people will start spending bitcoins.  Bitcoins right now is a means of an investment tool based on the speculation that it would eventually replace fiat currency.  I believe it will happen but it will take a lot of time before this is implemented.
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
November 05, 2017, 09:20:00 PM
They should. They should spend it eventually. They should use Bitcoin as a currency and not as a reserve form of a currency. If you want to continue the main function of Bitcoin as a currency then you should at least use it as a currency. Holding is not bad but Holding it for too long is not good in my opinion. They should at least spend a small part of it. Let's support the Bitcoin System by Spending Bitcoin as a currency.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
November 05, 2017, 09:15:16 PM
HODL/Investment = Profit
Whenever they want to. How are we supposed to decide when someone is going to start spending their money? They can hold until they think that they have made enough off of their holding, and then they can choose to start spending. It all comes down to the individual's desire to hold, and nothing more than that, really. You cannot decide what someone wants for them, it is entirely up to them to choose when they have enough money stored up and they have the desire to spend money on something.

If they never have the desire to spend, so be it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
November 05, 2017, 08:48:23 PM
HODL/Investment = Profit
Pages:
Jump to: