Pages:
Author

Topic: When to buy BTC? - page 3. (Read 4759 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
December 26, 2013, 07:20:35 AM
I guess now would be a good time. Just dont play the market as I did and lost %40 Sad . Just

HODL

Yep ignore greed and HODL
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
December 26, 2013, 07:10:41 AM
I guess now would be a good time. Just dont play the market as I did and lost %40 Sad . Just

HODL
Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
December 26, 2013, 03:49:19 AM
Thank you for your advice. Id say i can safely loose about 2k, without loosing too much sleep. Im only a small timer working a very average job

In the world of bitcoin, 50% price drops in a single day is not uncommon.
Activity: 728
December 26, 2013, 01:28:07 AM

BUY

HODL
Activity: 518
December 26, 2013, 12:40:27 AM
Its easy. You buy on a high volume down day as soon as the big orders and buys start popping up and your sitting on this gigantic 30k bid support

Can you please explain this in layman's terms

I second that emotion Smiley
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 26, 2013, 12:37:08 AM
Its easy. You buy on a high volume down day as soon as the big orders and buys start popping up and your sitting on this gigantic 30k bid support

Can you please explain this in layman's terms
Activity: 518
December 25, 2013, 10:28:53 PM
Buy under $700 at the moment. Don't wait for new year else prices will likely be $1K plus again very soon
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
December 25, 2013, 10:22:37 PM

U mean as opposed to buying on the faux rises resulting from a couple of thousand coins worth of volume on the 4 hour chart?

Activity: 728
December 25, 2013, 10:19:09 PM
flm
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
December 25, 2013, 09:22:30 PM
I own a few already, but will be buying as soon as/if they hit near £400 UK.
December 25, 2013, 08:59:48 PM
See it as a gamble. If you have 10k savings then you can put in 1k as a lucky shot and hope for the best.
When to buy is a hard question but it actually doesn't matter since you are still considered to be an early adopter and it is money you can afford to lose.
Now would be an ok time to buy since the price has been stable for a few days/weeks. This support level will probably be the base for any fallbacks in the future and we just survived a massive sellout from China.
Truth is nobody knows if bitcoin will succeed or fail so nobody can give you good advice, it's a whole new product.

If you go long let's say hodling for three years you might see a 100x gain or you were part of the new-age tulip craze and end up with zero and a fun memory Smiley

Whatever you do don't put in money you need. If you do you will be panicselling in no time instead of hodling  Wink

Thank you for your advice. Id say i can safely loose about 2k, without loosing too much sleep. Im only a small timer working a very average job
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
December 25, 2013, 07:46:12 PM
See it as a gamble. If you have 10k savings then you can put in 1k as a lucky shot and hope for the best.
When to buy is a hard question but it actually doesn't matter since you are still considered to be an early adopter and it is money you can afford to lose.
Now would be an ok time to buy since the price has been stable for a few days/weeks. This support level will probably be the base for any fallbacks in the future and we just survived a massive sellout from China.
Truth is nobody knows if bitcoin will succeed or fail so nobody can give you good advice, it's a whole new product.

If you go long let's say hodling for three years you might see a 100x gain or you were part of the new-age tulip craze and end up with zero and a fun memory Smiley

Whatever you do don't put in money you need. If you do you will be panicselling in no time instead of hodling  Wink
December 25, 2013, 03:53:38 PM
divide your cash in four piles. buy with one now, so you don't miss a rally if it starts. wait several days to weeks for a better opportunity, buy with another then. repeat. don't just rush all in unless you are pretty self-confident and can hold for a year. You don't look very confident, so better average out.

Yes this is true, i am not confident at all. its just that we are expecting a baby sometime in july & it would be awesome to have some spare cash  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
December 25, 2013, 03:48:33 PM
Bitcoin came all the way down to 480$ from 1300$ and waking up again, Now market is stabling its price from 500$ and to 600$+ so now dont even Wish that price will be down then 600$ so anyone who want to buy this is the rite time (My Personal Openion and according to Few Eco Journalists) By jan Bitcoin will hit its all time high price of 1300$ and by June or July Bitcoin will be rocketing to 2000$+, Dont forget that when overstock.com will start accepting BTC minimum BTC price will be 2000$+.

and then

I would like to buy some coins. When do you guys think would be a good time to buy?

This is just about the worst place on the whole internet that you could possibly ask this question.

Look at what Bitcoin has done after both previous crashes and you will realise:

a) There is generally a large window of buy-in opportunity in a post-crash environment. No fkn need to rush whatsoever.

b) Bitcoin may not have finished crashing.

If you are a newb, WAIT until some price stability has set in and/or the trend has show clear signs of reversal. Also, you may or may not be aware of the China thing. There is a deadline on   CNY withdrawals from Chinese BTC exchanges set for 31st Jan 2014. This means that still around 40% of all Bitcoin exchange transactions are yet to be priced out the market! And the Bitcoin Nutters are yelling 1K again before the end of the week!?

+1

Huh?
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
December 25, 2013, 03:46:39 PM
RSI and StochRSI can help choose entry, they ain't magic, so it can go wrong....but it's a help in making your overall decision.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
December 25, 2013, 03:36:52 PM
divide your cash in four piles. buy with one now, so you don't miss a rally if it starts. wait several days to weeks for a better opportunity, buy with another then. repeat. don't just rush all in unless you are pretty self-confident and can hold for a year. You don't look very confident, so better average out.
Activity: 1092
Life is short, practice empathy in your life
December 25, 2013, 03:13:52 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys. So I should perhaps wait till end of Jan?

It's up to you.. but keep in mind that the Chinese Central Bank is going to put in some heavy duty restrictions starting from the Chinese New Year (31 January 2014). Price might crash again around this period, or even a bit earlier in anticipation for it.
December 25, 2013, 03:00:49 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys. So I should perhaps wait till end of Jan?
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
December 25, 2013, 02:52:15 PM
I would like to buy some coins. When do you guys think would be a good time to buy?

you missed the big dip, but still btc is at an almost 50% discount from all time high.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K
December 25, 2013, 02:43:06 PM

This is just about the worst place on the whole internet that you could possibly ask this question.

Look at what Bitcoin has done after both previous crashes and you will realise:

a) There is generally a large window of buy-in opportunity in a post-crash environment. No fkn need to rush whatsoever.

b) Bitcoin may not have finished crashing.

If you are a newb, WAIT until some price stability has set in and/or the trend has show clear signs of reversal. Also, you may or may not be aware of the China thing. There is a deadline on   CNY withdrawals from Chinese BTC exchanges set for 31st Jan 2014. This means that still around 40% of all Bitcoin exchange transactions are yet to be priced out the market! And the Bitcoin Nutters are yelling 1K again before the end of the week!?

+1
Pages:
Jump to: