Pages:
Author

Topic: when will 3D die? - page 2. (Read 1305 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 12, 2013, 08:02:33 AM
PS: If You don't like 3D, don't watch it. But remember that there is people who like it.

The problem is that the people who don't like it are left without a choice most of the time.
Many cinemas prefer to show only the 3D version of a movie and leaving the ones like me who hate it with passion without the opportunity to watch the movie at all...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 12, 2013, 07:51:11 AM
I hate the entire concept of a 3D movie.
I deliberately avoided 3D movies since it all started a few years ago.
I absolutely hate the movie that started it all, Avatar, which I will never ever watch or want to watch.
I hate it because I can't find a cinema to watch The Avengers in 2D.

I hate the entire concept of a color movie.
I deliberately avoided color movies since it all started a few years ago.
I absolutely hate the movie that started it all, With Our King and Queen Through India, which I will never ever watch or want to watch.
I hate it because I can't find a cinema to watch Man of Steel in 2D.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

PS: If You don't like 3D, don't watch it. But remember that there is people who like it.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
July 12, 2013, 06:06:08 AM
If you think Avatar was the movie that started the 3D craze, you're wrong. 3D movie crazes have been coming and going for over half a century. Don't worry, the present craze will die out soon enough, just like it did all the other times. But it'll keep coming back.

When will "talkies" die?
The only reason talkies ever caught on was because theatres figured out a way for patrons to hear sound without having to wear uncomfortable headphones. Though that was a very easy problem to solve compared to the problem faced by 3D movies. I don't think 3D movies are ever going to become anything other than a gimmick until someone figures out a way to do it without the glasses.
Activity: 1
July 12, 2013, 05:12:05 AM
Well, I read about sport 3D tv channels that already died. IMHO 3D TV is just a gimmick as someone said and it's tiring for many people. Most people can watch one movie in that glasses and they're done.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2013, 04:46:13 AM
Are you talking about 3D glasses or 3D Animation? I'm with you on the 3D glasses one because it is entirely a gimmick, I feel the same way about touchscreen phones, eventually people will get sick of them want want reliable buttons back that won't ruin their screens.
Activity: 42
July 12, 2013, 04:36:28 AM
I hear you, the 3D is pretty gimmicky... I suppose it will die when people stop paying $16.75 to buy their kid a 3D movie ticket. Now full immersion 3D - i.e. Oculus Rift - is what I'm waiting for  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
July 12, 2013, 04:27:22 AM
When will "talkies" die?

I hate the entire concept of a "talking" movie.
I deliberately avoided "talkies" since it all started a century ago.
I absolutely hate the "talkie" that started it all, "The Jazz Singer", which I will never ever watch or want to watch.
I hate it because I can't find a cinema to watch The Avengers as a silent film.

Huh

Welcome to the future.  Technology marches on.
Activity: 23
July 12, 2013, 04:14:31 AM
I hate the entire concept of a 3D movie.
I deliberately avoided 3D movies since it all started a few years ago.
I absolutely hate the movie that started it all, Avatar, which I will never ever watch or want to watch.
I hate it because I can't find a cinema to watch The Avengers in 2D.
Pages:
Jump to: