Pages:
Author

Topic: When Will Bitcoin Reach $1000?? - page 7. (Read 19671 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 18, 2013, 01:47:04 PM
I hope this blows up.. Like Jeff Berwick is saying these days, I bet it's going to go to $1mill
I know it's a bit outrageous, but cryptocurrency in my eyes are the governments and banks worst nightmare... They are no longer a big influence to inflation, that's a big game changer...

Also have anyone seen any interviews with this guy? I'm not at all fully an anarcho-capitalist but I find "their" point of views interesting..
Activity: 28
November 18, 2013, 01:29:36 PM
Crash during Thanksgiving, when everyone is off the computer for a day (Unless the Chinese take advantage of our day of glorifying bad eating habbits).

Then after that, we will see nothing but rise (a few tiny dips) until January.

Depending upon a person's definition of a "crash", I'm becoming increasingly skeptical that we'll see another drop like we had seen in April. (speaking comparatively to the price before crash) The difference this time being the Chinese market. Any sell-off that happens as a result of US activity for example, whether legislative or holiday, will quickly return to pre-crash prices as the Chinese market goes uninfluenced by such condition and props up the market. However, if we suddenly see a massive dive in the Chinese market, be prepared to see considerable drops in price everywhere else as I don't believe the relationship is reciprocal.
Activity: 42
November 18, 2013, 01:20:29 PM
Crash during Thanksgiving, when everyone is off the computer for a day (Unless the Chinese take advantage of our day of glorifying bad eating habbits).

The best crashes are when many are online and check prices, so they may panic sell  Smiley
So Thanksgiving is not good day to choose dump a lot of coins for whales

But there will be no buyers that day, it doesn't matter what whales do that day, prices will no doubt drop while we are all gone.

Unless lots of us tell our families about Bitcoin that day, and maybe show them. Then they could all go buy some and the price would go up.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
November 18, 2013, 01:17:03 PM

The best crashes are when many are online and check prices, so they may panic sell  Smiley
So Thanksgiving is not good day to choose dump a lot of coins for whales
November 18, 2013, 01:12:01 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 18, 2013, 08:32:07 AM
I actually don't believe it will go up that fast or even stay at a level this high. Where is the reason for a climb like this? The only one I can see is speculation by traders, which will result in a crash.

Obviously price can not go up only forever, so some crash has to come. But long Bitcoin trend is upward I hope

Bitcoin will hit $1k by beginning of December at this rate and hopefully level out to $300-400 by end of December.  I think we need a healthy pullback with all this growth, nothing is exponential forever.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
November 18, 2013, 08:13:10 AM
I actually don't believe it will go up that fast or even stay at a level this high. Where is the reason for a climb like this? The only one I can see is speculation by traders, which will result in a crash.

Obviously price can not go up only forever, so some crash has to come. But long Bitcoin trend is upward I hope
Activity: 9
November 18, 2013, 08:03:59 AM
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
November 18, 2013, 07:39:56 AM
Highest price at bitstamp was $535 today.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
November 18, 2013, 07:56:05 AM
It will reach 1000 before the end of November.
Activity: 9
November 18, 2013, 07:39:03 AM
IT was at 618$ today, wow!

It was even a bit more for a minute, then it fell back to 550 again in about 30 seconds. Must have been quite a shock for ppl who invested at 600+
Activity: 1
November 18, 2013, 05:31:44 AM
IT was at 618$ today, wow!
Activity: 19
November 18, 2013, 05:19:32 AM
Soon enough, people are already falling back and keeping it real wit

" wake me up once it hits 1k "

i545318
EST

Bitcoin Address:

1F15zSWizxupaknq3GkL7Ahmzu2p7DJyM
legendary
Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000
November 18, 2013, 04:25:42 AM
Haha, I guess: Bitcoin will hit 1000 at 1/1/2014.
November 18, 2013, 03:53:51 AM
Bitcoin at $600, so what do ya'll think about $1000 at Christmas now?
November 17, 2013, 01:35:51 PM
It doubled from 200 to 400 in one week, why couldn't it do the same once it reaches 500 here shortly? Think logarithmic.

Definitively possible, but logarithmic (exponential) growth cannot last forever in real world. It has to slow down and stop at some point.

The growth has been faster than exponential, though. If you look at 1-year charts, the growth appears to be exponential in the interval between Dec 2012 and Nov 2013. Then something happened in Nov 2013.

Nov, 2013

ATM dropped in Canada
BTC got popular in small pockets in China, then that is getting bigger and bigger and bigger (as they teach more and more of their young children how to get involved, and the schools allow for even more flow from child to child)
MCXnow dropped shares, and tons of people went in for that.
Over 10,000 messages were sent out by me alone to tell people about Altcoins and how companies can make their own, and I'm sure other people shared the links as well (either after opening a message from me, or just because they are good people and do that already). So probably upwards of 20,000 messages went out these past 2 weeks.

DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO HELP. IF YOU LIKE SEEING BITCOIN GO UP, DO SOMETHING TO KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!!
Activity: 8
November 17, 2013, 01:19:43 PM
I just posted this in the similar thread.. but I thought I'd share my thoughts in this topic, too.

Unless Bitcoin is destroyed by a 51% attack, it is bound to thrive within an unstable economy.

It is similar to gold, but imo bitcoins are better than gold. Think as an investor. Bitcoins do not inflate. They cannot be stolen if stored properly (offline). They are easy and safe to move. Almost impossible to counterfeit as far as I know.
If you have some knowledge about how currencies work, you should be a fan of BTC. It is not the future, but it is way better than the USD. And as long as financial instability remains, BTC will thrive. Bubbles will come and go, just like the one nowadays, but I'm pretty sure it is going to reach $1000 in a year.

And once big financial institutions endorse BTC, the price may soar to $100k or who knows how high. It is theoretically possible to introduce bank accounts, credit/debit cards in BTC.

Or in case the USD crashes, where do you think all the money is gonna flow? When half the world economy will disappear in a day? BTC has a bright future for the years to come.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 17, 2013, 01:15:10 PM
It doubled from 200 to 400 in one week, why couldn't it do the same once it reaches 500 here shortly? Think logarithmic.

Definitively possible, but logarithmic (exponential) growth cannot last forever in real world. It has to slow down and stop at some point.

The growth has been faster than exponential, though. If you look at 1-year charts, the growth appears to be exponential in the interval between Dec 2012 and Nov 2013. Then something happened in Nov 2013.
November 17, 2013, 12:38:55 PM
$500 Bitcoins, lol, $1000 seems like a Christmas guarantee at this point.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 16, 2013, 08:27:54 PM
End of this year, still waiting for $1000, but seems like everyone is planning to sell at that level so I would try selling it on 989$ instead...
Most people voted NO to selling at $1000.
Pages:
Jump to: