Pages:
Author

Topic: When will Bitcoin take off again? - page 2. (Read 6954 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 29, 2014, 01:11:13 PM

Dollar Cost Averaging.

A small amount bought at regular intervals.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp
September 29, 2014, 01:07:11 PM
its ready to take off
it can start anytime
so better you buy your tickets to ride this
bitcoin ride to the moon

grab your tickets before its too late
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
September 29, 2014, 01:02:58 PM
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
September 29, 2014, 04:38:37 AM
It will. Still DCA buying.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
September 29, 2014, 04:38:05 AM
People are investing less in Bitcoin and try to earn quick money by altcoins.
Many altcoins die and the money in them will disappear with the developer or team.

This is true.
On my opinion market need to adapt on some things.
To bee less this altcoins only strong ones or that they exist at least 6 months.
Then i think that we will see sufficient price change.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
September 29, 2014, 03:25:13 AM
Total deposits in the crypto world/Bitcoin is a decent amount
Bitcoin has probably also suffer from the enormous amount of altcoins that are on the market.
People are investing less in Bitcoin and try to earn quick money by altcoins.
Many altcoins die and the money in them will disappear with the developer or team.
People who have invested in it lost their money. These will not easily regain confidence in the digital payment.
This this is also a negative effect. Simple example a person buys for $ 100 bitcoin.
He buys them some altcoins. After a certain period, he sees that his investment still has a value of $ 15.
He could therefore have losses interest in the digital payment and share his negative experience with friends and family.
These will, in turn, tell the story again further.
That way eventually there will be fewer people trying to enter the world of Bitcoin and altcoins.
The altcoins that are innovative have a right to exist.
I think for example Magicoin XMG has a right to exist. (XMG] Magi | 1st PoS-II | 1st PoM | Fair Distr | Tor | M7M CPU only)
Why? XMG is the first altcoin that uses M7M and has a strong growth formula.
There are still some other altcoins who have a right to exist.
If you recognize my story and find out why another altcoin also right to exist, I like to read it back here.
Thus, not only the name of the altcoin but also why.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 29, 2014, 01:57:46 AM
When will.
Not this year. Seen some images here from some members and they think that at least in january next year will come for next price change to 550 and to stabilize for 2016 when they expect to go over 2k.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 28, 2014, 09:21:16 PM
Next halving is priced in.
Very unlikely! Buyers must absorb 3600 coins per day now to don't let the price falling, but after reward per block halving this requirement also will fall!
You are doing it wrong. Shit like that doesn't even merit a rebuttal. Click the ignore button like the rest of us did. Will save me from having to see his ramblings too.

Why so angry lately? You should be celebrating now that the price has crashed and you can buy all of those "cheap coins"! This was what you wanted all along, wasn't it?    Cheesy Roll Eyes

Here's another reason for you to be happy: Tomorrow you can buy sub 370 coins. Maybe even some sub 360 ones. That'll surely make you pleased, right?

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
September 28, 2014, 09:08:45 PM
Very unlikely! Buyers must absorb 3600 coins per day now to don't let the price falling, but after reward per block halving this requirement also will fall!
You are doing it wrong. Shit like that doesn't even merit a rebuttal. Click the ignore button like the rest of us did. Will save me from having to see his ramblings too.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
September 28, 2014, 09:07:02 PM
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
September 28, 2014, 08:55:11 PM
It'll never take off again. Bagholders are cashing out. Every miner, whale and early adopter is losing confidence and dumping their coins, but almost no one is willing to buy, so price just continues crashing. You'll see the occasional dead cat bounce along the way, but the trend will continue being clear: Bitcoin is finding its true, single digit value after being pumped into a sky of delusions by Willybot, Markus and other Karpeles shenanigans. Now that Gox is gone, no level of permabull nonsense or cultist propaganda can sustain the price of this failing commodity.

Unfortunately this is true.  Bitcoin isn't going back up ever again.  It was all bots.  Now it's just bagholders cashing out to buy cars and gaming computers.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
September 28, 2014, 08:36:00 PM
I guess its going to take some time to happen this time. Hopefully the downtrend will soon be over and we can have some steady rise in price and something bubblish this winter or next spring. Who knows but I'll certainly hope so. Not selling anyway but it would be nice to see some uptrend again after long time.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2014, 08:24:50 PM
I'm a miner and a "cultist"... Bought in teens, and I have lost zero faith.

Just because you bought at the top and sold at a loss doesn't mean everyone else is losing faith. Just you!

Everyone knows the Finneys are selling, and buying is off market. There is a bear term in every market. Don't get it confused with make believe stories.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
September 28, 2014, 05:47:05 PM
It'll never take off again. Bagholders are cashing out. Every miner, whale and early adopter is losing confidence and dumping their coins, but almost no one is willing to buy, so price just continues crashing. You'll see the occasional dead cat bounce along the way, but the trend will continue being clear: Bitcoin is finding its true, single digit value after being pumped into a sky of delusions by Willybot, Markus and other Karpeles shenanigans. Now that Gox is gone, no level of permabull nonsense or cultist propaganda can sustain the price of this failing commodity.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
September 28, 2014, 05:43:46 PM

September 28, 2014, 05:41:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
September 28, 2014, 05:31:30 PM
February 2015.

spot on (+/- 1 month)
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
September 28, 2014, 05:23:10 PM
Reposting from another thread:

Real money people are here now and they are probably using every trick in the book to drive the price down so they can accumulate cheap. They won't panic buy the price up like muggles.

Then there is the mining angle. Difficulty keeps climbing, which means less profit for miners which means they have to sell more to remain solvent. Eventually a bottom will be reached (the cost of mining a coin).

Based on the above, I'm expecting things to be boring at least until difficulty stops climbing. The latest I would expect things to change is when the reward halves. Which would really suck to have to wait for, but it will result in a higher price when it happens.

That's not taking into account things like the winkle ETF, possible media hype storm or other unexpected events.
September 28, 2014, 05:14:29 PM
After the next halving.

Yes, summer 2016; at the latest.

http://bitcoinclock.com/

If there is lack of demand for the product, it doesn't matter whether it's being halved

It does matter, anyway. It would reduce the lack of demand by 1800 coins per day.

Lack of supply by 1800 coins per day, I think you meant Smiley
Nope. What he (IMHO) means is that for BTC prices not falling we need daily demand of 3600 coins to neutralize daily supply of 3600 coins. So currently we have lack of demand 3600 coins, but after the halving the supply (and therefore the lack of demand) will be reduced by 1800 to 1800.

Yes let's say we have a new demand that is not big enough, the demand can grow and the demand is here because the price would crash if it wasn't
The next halving and the collapse of the USD will help get to crazy prices

Next halving is priced in. Collapse of the USD is a delusional fantasy. Anyway: If the USD were to enter hyperinflation mode, a 10k USD Bitcoin wouldn't be enough to buy you a gallon of milk anyway.

The buying power of BTC is shrinking every day.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
September 28, 2014, 05:11:06 PM
After the next halving.

Yes, summer 2016; at the latest.

http://bitcoinclock.com/

If there is lack of demand for the product, it doesn't matter whether it's being halved

It does matter, anyway. It would reduce the lack of demand by 1800 coins per day.

Lack of supply by 1800 coins per day, I think you meant Smiley
Nope. What he (IMHO) means is that for BTC prices not falling we need daily demand of 3600 coins to neutralize daily supply of 3600 coins. So currently we have lack of demand 3600 coins, but after the halving the supply (and therefore the lack of demand) will be reduced by 1800 to 1800.

Yes let's say we have a new demand that is not big enough, the demand can grow and the demand is here because the price would crash if it wasn't
The next halving and the collapse of the USD will help get to crazy prices
Pages:
Jump to: