Pages:
Author

Topic: When will we have the first homicide/suicide caused by Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 3641 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
with things going crazy, some people are bound to get hurt.

who will be the first person in history to die from bitcoin?

With my ALL my cash and some friends money tied up in coinlenders. Maybe this can be my claim to fame!

I was offered 9% of my money returned and had no choice but to flat refuse.

Bitcoin will almost certainly result in a death in the very near future.

Expecting a string of exceptionally helpful posts about how smart I am.... starting... NOW!
Activity: 172
Merit: 101
Some greedy person who is waiting for a big score. Last night ( or afternoon depending where you live ) price dropped by >200$ in less then 30min. So you never know. I still think even despite China has invested and pumped a lot into Bitcoins, this price isn't normal. So I guess if someone invested his life savings and bought it yesterday for 600-750$ when price drops to 200$ or less he will at least have hearth attack....
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Rumor has it they're still trying to reconstruct this guy's wallet.

Activity: 451

That would be Satoshi.  He died back in 2011.  The next year his mom gave his computer away with all his bitcoins on it.  Though she did know Satoshi's true idenity she didn't know that he was the Bitcoin Satoshi.  She probably still doesn't know what bitcoins are.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Unlike playing the stock market it is really hard to lose everything in Bitcoin for those who just buy and hold because it always goes up.  For those that sell at a loss?  Well hopefully there will be no deaths from that!

My advice to all is just buy and hold in order to avoid severe depression.  Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
If Bitcoin don't cause death, how me a dog learned English?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins
Wow..Just wow..
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin doesn't kill people, people do.
Activity: 364
I am Citizenfive.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/11/18/meet-the-assassination-market-creator-whos-crowdfunding-murder-with-bitcoins/

Well, there appears to be a Death Note.

https://assmkedzgorodn7o.onion.lu/

EDIT: Which I guess he's realized, because it now calls itself as much, lol
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Johnny Bitcoinseed
LOL.  "Caused by Bitcoin"

That is like saying "When will we have the first homicide/suicide caused by a rock"? Or a driveway.  Watch out for that window pane, too!  Deaths caused by rope (hanging) are a constant threat.

Be weary of that rope, folks!  Maybe rope should be banned.

Let's not even get into the dangers of pennies, dimes, and nickles.

Rocks, and other inanimate objects or ideas such as bitcoin do not and cannot undertake the effort to commit homicides and suicides.  Saying so gives these objects some sort of magical power which of course they simply do not have.  It is an error in thinking and reasoning.

What you are trying to say is something like "when will someone commit suicide or homicide because of their own personal ideas about bitcoin". Personal ideas that are likely far off center from the typical bitcoin user.

Politicians and media often use this same error in reasoning when trying to persuade the public to pass laws.  Don't fall for it, you are smarter than that.
Activity: 274

You mean other than the alleged DPR hit?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Gosh so morbid! Obviously it would have to be some great financial distress like someone losing their life savings in bitcoin
Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: