Pages:
Author

Topic: Where are you buying your BitCoins - page 2. (Read 2924 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 250
July 22, 2011, 05:32:27 AM
If you're lucky enough to live in Canada, or have a bank account here, you just open an account with Virtex, do an interac email transfer from your bank to them and in a couple hours tops you can be buying your BTC.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not working for Virtex. Mind giving your impressions on what makes it superior to MtGox/others for Soviet Canuckistans?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
July 22, 2011, 01:32:49 AM
 I heard MtGox is reputable & opened an acct, hoping to buy them there.  But I can't. I need to "add funds" in first. (Why can't I just do that with a bank transfer to MtGox?)

So why can't you?
I just added funds via bank transfer.

I'm curious as to why this was a problem for you.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
July 21, 2011, 05:39:06 PM
There are a number of methods to obtain bitcoins quickly in the U.S.

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

You can transact with an exchange where MoneyPak is accepted.  MoneyPak is available at thousands of locations.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MoneyPak

You might find someone local willing to trade:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Local

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
July 21, 2011, 03:18:28 PM
I want to buy some BitCoins with USD, WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?!?!?!?  First of all, forget eBay, they are $20 each or more.  I heard MtGox is reputable & opened an acct, hoping to buy them there.  But I can't. I need to "add funds" in first. (Why can't I just do that with a bank transfer to MtGox?) So, I opened a Dwolla account.  It took 3 days for them to verify my checking account. Now that's finally done, I had to sit and wait another 2 or 3 days for the actual money to make it from my checking account to Dwolla (just shows up as pending till it cleared). Then someone told me that bitcoin7.com is a fast site to buy BitCoins. Knowing I had funds in Dwolla, I went to bitcoin7.com, clicked on the "add funds through Dwolla" link, and got the message "sorry, you we can not process funds through Dwolla now"  Is this some kind of practical joke or something? Why is it so DAMNED hard to obtain BitCoins? Or do I just not know the way to do it like most of the non-newbies are doing it? I FINALLY obtained some BitCoins at TradeHill, but geez, the hoops you have to jump through to get any is like some big practical joke.  My guess is that the difficulty in obtaining BitCoins is what's preventing them from growing in popularity.  I'd really like to hear where the other members are buying their BitCoins...

Just couple days ago WARlrus came up with service that allows to use SMS payments to buy Bitcoins http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=29992.msg386319#msg386319, i hope such service would be available soon in US

If you're lucky enough to live in Canada, or have a bank account here, you just open an account with Virtex, do an interac email transfer from your bank to them and in a couple hours tops you can be buying your BTC.

Yep, i use interac all the time, SEPA in Europe should be good too, sorry to say but US ... well its stone age in US.
Activity: 491
Merit: 500
July 21, 2011, 03:13:41 PM
I buy from cavirtex as piper mentioned, but I live in Canada, for Canadians it's a great service
 Roll Eyes
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
July 21, 2011, 03:05:19 PM
Congratulations, you've discovered one of Bitcoin's advantages over the existing banking system: No waiting 3 days to validate an account or send money.

In short, it's hard to buy bitcoins since (most of) the old guard really don't want to make it easy. Bitcoin is going to kill them. Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 21, 2011, 03:04:31 PM
I buy from Tradehill. I have done transactions both sells and buys in less than a few hours.
(I did have money in my dwolla account though)
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
July 21, 2011, 01:47:13 PM
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 21, 2011, 01:45:32 PM
I want to buy some BitCoins with USD, WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?!?!?!?  First of all, forget eBay, they are $20 each or more.  I heard MtGox is reputable & opened an acct, hoping to buy them there.  But I can't. I need to "add funds" in first. (Why can't I just do that with a bank transfer to MtGox?) So, I opened a Dwolla account.  It took 3 days for them to verify my checking account. Now that's finally done, I had to sit and wait another 2 or 3 days for the actual money to make it from my checking account to Dwolla (just shows up as pending till it cleared). Then someone told me that bitcoin7.com is a fast site to buy BitCoins. Knowing I had funds in Dwolla, I went to bitcoin7.com, clicked on the "add funds through Dwolla" link, and got the message "sorry, you we can not process funds through Dwolla now"  Is this some kind of practical joke or something? Why is it so DAMNED hard to obtain BitCoins? Or do I just not know the way to do it like most of the non-newbies are doing it? I FINALLY obtained some BitCoins at TradeHill, but geez, the hoops you have to jump through to get any is like some big practical joke.  My guess is that the difficulty in obtaining BitCoins is what's preventing them from growing in popularity.  I'd really like to hear where the other members are buying their BitCoins...
Pages:
Jump to: