Pages:
Author

Topic: Where can I find an anarchy? - page 2. (Read 2820 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician
May 08, 2012, 11:12:22 PM
If it is anarchy you want, then join the CIA. It is their stock in trade. They will teach you marketing skills, weapons and bomb making, interrogation,  and any other skill that can be used to be disruptive and overthrow governments (including in the US). Their goal is hell on earth.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
May 08, 2012, 05:25:54 PM
I need to find one ASAP

Have you tried Somalia?
And, strangely, they are getting the benefits of anarchy along with the, umm, slight inconveniences.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12278628

Yep, business is thriving in Somalia, but they still "need" a government for "stability". Though the article never mentions what the instability is. Perhaps stability is just a synonym for government? Never mind that the previous Government destroyed the country. Lots of opinion, no sources or justification.

I hope Somalia continues it's course toward a free society and rejects the attempts by the UN to install a democracy.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
May 08, 2012, 05:30:45 AM
to the guy saying the Internet is anarchy, stop being silly.  The Internet is a government creation and if the government wanted, the Internet as we know it can be turned off by ICANN, a body whose members are government appointed and whose very existence depends on the government.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, ICANN has this big red button with key switches on either side of it, which has the magical ability to force arbitrary network operators (even those outside the US) to do whatever ICANN wants (most are already doing what ICANN wants, but only because ICANN doesn't want to "turn off" the Internet). Though it was never fully explained to me just how it works exactly... Roll Eyes

Seriously though, the power that ICANN and other governing bodies have over the Internet is purely voluntary. If their decisions prove unpopular, network operators can and will simply ignore them, except where required by local laws (and sometimes even then).

Exactly.  ICANN can told to stop DNS working and local ISPs can be told to close down.  The Internet is not in a state of anarchy - its regulated.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
May 08, 2012, 05:12:01 AM
I need to find one ASAP

Have you tried Somalia?
And, strangely, they are getting the benefits of anarchy along with the, umm, slight inconveniences.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12278628
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
May 08, 2012, 04:53:45 AM
to the guy saying the Internet is anarchy, stop being silly.  The Internet is a government creation and if the government wanted, the Internet as we know it can be turned off by ICANN, a body whose members are government appointed and whose very existence depends on the government.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, ICANN has this big red button with key switches on either side of it, which has the magical ability to force arbitrary network operators (even those outside the US) to do whatever ICANN wants (most are already doing what ICANN wants, but only because ICANN doesn't want to "turn off" the Internet). Though it was never fully explained to me just how it works exactly... Roll Eyes

Seriously though, the power that ICANN and other governing bodies have over the Internet is purely voluntary. If their decisions prove unpopular, network operators can and will simply ignore them, except where required by local laws (and sometimes even then).
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
May 07, 2012, 05:26:04 PM
I need to find one ASAP

You can't - humans always gang up and appoint leaders.  There never had been nor will there every be a society without a publicly enforced government or violently enforced political authority.

Activity: 214
May 07, 2012, 03:54:54 PM
I need to find one ASAP

Have you tried Somalia?
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
May 07, 2012, 03:24:26 PM
Right here. It's called the Internet. It seems to work pretty well all things considered.
brb calling the internet police
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhGNDtyuug#t=18s
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
May 07, 2012, 03:19:18 PM
Right here. It's called the Internet. It seems to work pretty well all things considered.
Activity: 140
May 07, 2012, 10:31:58 AM
I need to find one ASAP
Pages:
Jump to: