Pages:
Author

Topic: Where can we find the trustable icos ? - page 2. (Read 329 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 502
November 19, 2017, 02:48:09 PM
Read carefully what they are presenting for you. If they have a business model with high potential of profit for the investors and they have legit team members then you have to invest in that ICO. For the future benefit you have to read what they are having in their whitepaper for the investors and for their crypto community.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange
November 19, 2017, 02:45:45 PM
I wish there was a straight answer to it. May be we will see some solutions happening around it soon.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 19, 2017, 02:42:34 PM
Check the ICOs listed in the ICO launch platform. Read about the project and the plan and determine if it is useful for the blockchain business and if it has potential. Check if they have a prototype and if they are a well established team - coming from a technical company shifting towards blockchain or having a history of projects delivered together.
I do not understand people looking at how many connections or likes or followers some have. Why is this relevant to the success? This is so superficial. You can even buy very easily likes and followers and tweets. Guys, do not buy the fake hype. Buy the project.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
November 19, 2017, 02:28:49 PM
You have to make your own research about the team, the whitepaper, how good they are, you have to analize almost everything before putting your funds in there if you dont want to have a big loss if you invest in there.
I lost more than hundreds dollars in a few icos on the past, and because of that, i am now only investing in those who are good, but almost perfectly projects, because i dont want to make the same mistakes again.
It is a difficult task to find a good one, because a lot of them aren now being scam, but at the end, it is worth it.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 547
We are all the pieces of what we remember.
November 19, 2017, 02:24:21 PM
First of all try to check their github. Second step is to check the founders, team members and advisors. The next one is to read a whitepaper. I'm always act in this sequence.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 19, 2017, 12:39:39 PM
Start with the team.

Are each of them on LinkedIn?
Do they list their affiliation with the company there (at least 75% of them should)
Have they worked for credible companies that you have heard of, and respect, in senior positions?
Now this is a BIG ONE: Do they have 500 or more connections?
Is there any one of them that REALLY stands out as SUPER-AWESOME (Advisor/Founder/Vitalik himself?)?? Great....Is it listed on that persons' linkedin? If not, PING the person on LinkedIn and ask them is their affiliation is real.

If the team is ex-Soviet.......red flag (bad pun I know)

The read the whitepaper......but due diligence on the team is maybe 10 mins and anyone can do it.....Whitepapers are sometimes too complex for many readers.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
November 19, 2017, 12:18:56 PM
There's no easy indicator if an ICO is a scam or not. Obviously, if a group or person would to scam someone, they're going to try their best to make the project look legitimate as possible; so it's going to be tough. You'd have to dig deep to have an idea if a project is possibly a scam or not.

Some things to take a look at:
  • The team; make sure they're actually legitimate real people
  • Read the whitepaper; and while you're at it, make sure it isn't just a straight up copy of another coin's whitepaper
  • The github repository. Take a look if the code is actually being updated, and or if it's not just a copy of another coin's code

And those just barely scratch the surface. You need to dig real deep.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
November 19, 2017, 11:32:48 AM
Where can we find the trustable icos ?
How can we solve the system if ponzi or not ?

99% of ICOs are scam . They collect fund from people and they are absent when the program start ?
Pages:
Jump to: