Pages:
Author

Topic: Where did this notion come from? - page 2. (Read 1055 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 11, 2017, 09:49:49 AM
I read that many times and I am always quoting it that it is not really banned, and just "not being endorsed by the government"... Maybe signature campaign posters/farmed accounts are the ones always stating that it is being banned...  Cheesy

Maybe they just lack the time to research and just focuses on earning in campaign... Get used to it, there are much worst post than that that I encounter everyday...  Cheesy

On that topic it's really getting annoying, the general discussion page is just 50% newbies posting generic or controversial topics followed by a flood of people spamming the same message for their sig campaign quotas because they never bother reading beyond the OP. Bet those newbies are all alt accounts made for this purpose (sigdumping) *puts on tinfoil hat*. But yes, there are worse, still doesn't excuse them though
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
February 11, 2017, 09:41:43 AM
I read that many times and I am always quoting it that it is not really banned, and just "not being endorsed by the government"... Maybe signature campaign posters/farmed accounts are the ones always stating that it is being banned...  Cheesy

Maybe they just lack the time to research and just focuses on earning in campaign... Get used to it, there are much worst post than that that I encounter everyday...  Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 11, 2017, 09:37:34 AM
"Bitcoin is banned in many countries"

I see lots of newer users and even some older, more experienced and knowledgeable users on this forum say it. Where did it come from? If you hand half a brain to read Bitcoin news (coindesk, cryptocoinsnews and news.bitcoin.com are my go tos), you would realise that all recent events regarding governments and Bitcoin are mostly just anti-money-laundering restrictions, not bans against cryptocurrency.

If you're referring to the Chinese scare, it's branded as anti-money-laundering most likely because the government doesn't know what stance to take on Bitcoin yet and doesn't want the investments to run off yet (still, dropped prices to 750 and that's scary).
On one hand it's a decentralized currency that they cannot control, it's heavily taxing the nation's power grid and they don't like that. But on the other hand it is bringing in the mula and encouraging economic activity amidst slowdowns.
Judging by Xi's almost bipolar behaviour for the past week no one's really sure if China will ban bitcoin or not, hence all the discussions. But then again rumors of the ban were circulating back when I first joined too (late 2013) so who knows.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
February 11, 2017, 09:31:31 AM
one word: FUD (technically it is 3 words Cheesy )

those who are saying it are either spreading FUD because they have some agenda they want to meat or they are uninformed users who have read an article online or a topic on the forum and now base all their knowledge on that.
and not to mention news sites such as cryptocoinsnews that you mentioned are the ones that spread these things sometimes. they never say it directly but post articles that point to bitcoin being banned in country .... with a lie.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
February 11, 2017, 08:07:24 AM
"Bitcoin is banned in many countries"

I see lots of newer users and even some older, more experienced and knowledgeable users on this forum say it. Where did it come from? If you hand half a brain to read Bitcoin news (coindesk, cryptocoinsnews and news.bitcoin.com are my go tos), you would realise that all recent events regarding governments and Bitcoin are mostly just anti-money-laundering restrictions, not bans against cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: