Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do i buy bitcoin to store on a usb - page 2. (Read 192 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
February 20, 2023, 11:07:34 PM
As jackg suggested above, you can use coinbase or binance to buy BTC first. But unfortunately, both of them require KYC to buy/sell anything.
If you are not interested in KYC, I'd recommend you to try bisq, an open source, decentralized and non-kyc p2p exchange for buying and selling btc.
You may follow the given youtube guide to learn more (its old but still helpful): https://youtu.be/4LyEKA5Iq9I

Also, use a good hardware wallet instead to store your precious BTC.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 20, 2023, 10:44:43 PM
Why do you want to store it on a USB? There's quite a big risk to the drive if you do that and you likely don't gain much (if it's because you're using a shared PC, someone you're sharing with could accidentally download malware too not realising you're attempting to use it to store funds).

You can buy crypto from many crypto exchanges and withdraw them to your wallet (places like coinbase and binance - look up where's popular in your country).

If you really must use a USB stick, you can put a standalone/binary executable of electrum (from electrum.org) on one but make sure you write down your mnemonic before sending any funds to it (preferably multiple times) and keep both as secure as possible. Also, if you're new, the technology isn't too forgiving and transactions are irreversible so test it for a few transactions with small amounts if you can until you feel a bit more comfortable.

Be aware of scams too and don't make investments that you haven't fully researched or don't need to (most newbies lose money, often to scams).
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
February 20, 2023, 06:48:14 PM
I want to buy bitcoin but some places to buy btc make it so u don't actually own it, they pretty much own it. I also want to store it on a USB is there a video guide to doing that?
Pages:
Jump to: