Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you fall on the political compass? - page 2. (Read 3334 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Two-dimensional compasses are so 19th Century, and very undependable. I choose the bright light of science to go where I will.

As a former Math Prof. of mine would say:  "Well aren't you something!"
Activity: 336
legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005
I'm a Utopianist, and a cynic of every thing that is now.

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Two-dimensional compasses are so 19th Century, and very undependable. I choose the bright light of science to go where I will.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Economic Left/Right: 8.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

Yeah, far right and quite libertarian.

Frankly though, a lot of these questions are loaded. Several times it seems to give you the option of either the state doing A or the state doing B with no option to say that it is a matter of personal preference (look at a lot of the third section)
Activity: 590
Well, this one is also a little biased, but at least it's not biased left/right:
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz

80/30 (liberal) on that one.

Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

That's strange. I passed an analogous test in russian, and got ultra-right position...
Activity: 2044
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.0x10^1,000 Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 1022
No Maps for These Territories
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

WOohoo, I'm pretty close to the Dalai Lama :-)
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

So, around Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.
Activity: 258
A great number of questions in the political compass are flawed and geared towards the conventional left/right paradigm, which is why so few people end up in the "libertarian right."

Despite this, whenever I grind my teeth through their test I tend to end up around the middle of the libertarian right zone.

i noticed the same thing- quite bias but still fun... seems im more of a lefty libertarian that mr dali llama.....

Beyond just being biased, it fails to take into consideration how people can hold personal views without calling upon society to do anything about them. Someone may think that sex outside of marriage is the most immoral thing a person could do without believing that any state measures should be taken to regulate such, but they would still be thrown up the "fascism scale" for such.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Interesting, I'm a moderate economic left and social centrist on the first, but a moderate right libertarian on the other Cheesy
Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
Well, this one is also a little biased, but at least it's not biased left/right:

i got 80/30; pretty much the center of the liberal section
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I started to take the test and couldn't get past the first page because the questions all seem loaded.

"No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it." Agree or disagree?
"Our race has many superior qualities, compared with other races.   " Agree or disagree?
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Agree or disagree?

Ridiculous questions that either seem loaded or politically irrelevant if you ask me
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I took this a while back. I was all the way to the left and about three or four squares down. But some of the questions weren't nearly specific enough and depending on your interpretation of the question or the circumstances the question could be applied to, my answer would have changed. Still, close enough.
Activity: 454
A great number of questions in the political compass are flawed and geared towards the conventional left/right paradigm, which is why so few people end up in the "libertarian right."

Despite this, whenever I grind my teeth through their test I tend to end up around the middle of the libertarian right zone.

i noticed the same thing- quite bias but still fun... seems im more of a lefty libertarian that mr dali llama.....
Activity: 292
Libertarian-left
Activity: 258

Pages:
Jump to: