Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you invest 60 BTC? - page 12. (Read 1700 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
October 30, 2019, 05:48:04 AM
Suppose you earned 60BTC by working hard for 5 years and one day you decide now you don't want to work then what would you do with that amount?
How would you invest that amount? What will you do? Hold it dreaming the price will rise? Sell it and invest the fiat? or start a business? or retire? Any ideas?  Tongue

Obviously I would use it in real estate and build a small Township which will give me a stable income and I would probably invest  some of them to establish a restaurant chain as food and shelter is something important for human being and it will fetch you money forever.  There are lot of plan but these two are my goals.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 30, 2019, 05:45:36 AM
How would you invest that amount?

60BTC is already priced to half a million Euro. Quite some money and Bitcoin still has plenty of room for growing.
So first of all, I would not put it into some custodian wallet promising whatever. Not your keys, not your money.
I'd think on a business I can start - whether is a business in crypto or not. Even buying one or more houses of apartments for renting is a business.
I'd spend some money and may hire a financial adviser. He may have ideas which didn't occur to me.
Of course, I'd still keep some Bitcoin as investment. Maybe invest in other things too. With such a wealth there are a lot of options to diversify, and by diversifying right I can always stay on profit.

Although 60BTC is quite a wealth, I would not afford to retire only with that. I have to do something to make it make more money. And unless you are already quite old, you'll have to do the same.
Bitcoin rising could be an answer. But I wouldn't rely solely on that.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
October 30, 2019, 05:41:55 AM
100k each bitcoin you mean?

exact
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 30, 2019, 05:34:45 AM
There's really no perfect answer here. It completely depends on your circumstances. If BTC60 is really pretty much everything you have in a financial standpoint, then even though I really don't want to sell on the current price($9,200), I would most definitely sell more than half of it just for financial security(the amount I suggest selling would sell completely depends on what country you're in and how much your monthly bills are). And I would simply use the money for an emergency fund, and to start businesses. If you didn't sell and the price crashed 70-90% in a short timespan due to whatever reason, you'd be screwed. Diversification is always the smart thing to do.

No what if you earned that much bitcoin by working part time for five years? You have stable job and earning in fiat too but also manage to earn 60BTC by working part time 3 hours daily for five years? then what would you do with that 60BTC. Is holding that amount long term a good idea if you are already financially secured in fiat?
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
October 30, 2019, 05:30:18 AM
There's really no perfect answer here. It completely depends on your circumstances. If BTC60 is really pretty much everything you have in a financial standpoint, then even though I really don't want to sell on the current price($9,200), I would most definitely sell more than half of it just for financial security(the amount I suggest selling would sell completely depends on what country you're in and how much your monthly bills are). And I would simply use the money for an emergency fund, and to start businesses. If you didn't sell and the price crashed 70-90% in a short timespan due to whatever reason, you'd be screwed. Diversification is always the smart thing to do.
October 30, 2019, 05:28:37 AM
I would invest them in my wallet haha jokes aside I would probably get around a quarter out to invest into a hard real asset like a couple of apartments that will provide me a stable monthly return. I would keep the rest in BTC in my wallet because I'm so bullish on it long term.

But don't you think in the long run you would earn more by holding bitcoin instead of selling and then buying apartments to earn monthly income?

hodl, than on 100k, sell half, than hodl again

will "gamble" with some 5% on some mayor alts, but not now, they will fall a little more

100k each bitcoin you mean?
Activity: 1680
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
October 30, 2019, 05:26:20 AM
hodl, than on 100k, sell half, than hodl again

will "gamble" with some 5% on some mayor alts, but not now, they will fall a little more
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
October 30, 2019, 05:25:39 AM
I would invest them in my wallet haha jokes aside I would probably get around a quarter out to invest into a hard real asset like a couple of apartments that will provide me a stable monthly return. I would keep the rest in BTC in my wallet because I'm so bullish on it long term.
October 30, 2019, 05:21:57 AM
Suppose you earned 60BTC by working hard for 5 years and one day you decide now you don't want to work then what would you do with that amount?
How would you invest that amount? What will you do? Hold it dreaming the price will rise? Sell it and invest the fiat? or start a business? or retire? Any ideas?  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: