Pages:
Author

Topic: Where do you keep your fiat? - page 2. (Read 1927 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 16, 2014, 09:13:42 PM
In my bank, where else. Shocked Shocked
This is really the only safe place to keep your fiat. I am also surprised as to how many people are claiming to keep their "fiat" in bitcoin (I think this would actually be where they keep their "wealth" or their "assets", not "fiat")
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
September 16, 2014, 04:41:22 PM
I kept it in a submersible Pelican case, but lost it all in a tragic boating accident.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
September 16, 2014, 04:39:35 PM
Coverted to btc, rest in pocket.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
September 16, 2014, 04:21:10 PM
The only fiat I have is in my wallet.

Everything else is Bitcoin.

Trading back and forth is for people who don't have some better use for their time.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
September 16, 2014, 03:42:06 PM
I still keep some in my bank and some I have transferred to bitcoin. I would say it's about 50/50 at the moment for me. I would like to make all my fiat bitcoin but as of right now I am being more careful.
Right now you should buy (I would if I had cash)
You should be careful when the bubble is about to pop.

Already positioned, but thanks for letting me know. Smiley Yes, a certain percentage split is a good idea. I think I just wasn't sure if people were seriously just going all out and "living the dream" by converting and holding everything as Bitcoin. In the past, I have sold some Bitcoins, but that practice has come to an end as I believe this is just the beginning of something that could change the financial world. I just wanted to get an idea of how everyone else generally felt about Bitcoin and how you managed your funds during long term market corrections. I know someone asked what I meant about Bitcoin friendly banks. I guess no bank would want to be friendly to something that could put them out of business, lol. I think I was thinking of if any banks would outright try to report someone who was making Bitcoin transactions as committing some crime for money transmission.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
September 16, 2014, 03:36:17 PM
Some in my bank, some in my wallet and some under my bed. I've got about 50/50 of my wealth in cash vs bitcoin. I don't plan to sell bitcoins for a while though.

Under your bed is not recommended in case of fire or other natural disaster.  If you are keeping large sums of cash in your home, you should at least put some sort of safe or vault.   You can also keep your paper wallets, recovery seeds, trezors, etc in there...
Activity: 252
September 16, 2014, 03:24:13 PM
I am now starting with bitcoins and say that little part is in bitcoins
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
September 16, 2014, 03:16:23 PM
Haven't sold any coin to fiat at all.  Hoardin' like a muthafker!   Tongue

100% all Bitcoin in my offline stash of multiple USB sticks.
Activity: 336
September 16, 2014, 03:11:55 PM
Fiat is held in bank accounts (both local and offshore) as well as with financial institutions where some are invested in longer term investments. Quite a large portion on my trading accounts but all profits are now converted to bitcoins and moved to an offline Electrum wallet instead of withdrawing back to my bank account as I did in the past.

Aiming for a 70/30 split between fiat and bitcoin for now and will look at moving it to 60/40 depending on developments over coming months.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist
September 16, 2014, 03:04:12 PM
I still keep some in my bank and some I have transferred to bitcoin. I would say it's about 50/50 at the moment for me. I would like to make all my fiat bitcoin but as of right now I am being more careful.
Right now you should buy (I would if I had cash)
You should be careful when the bubble is about to pop.
Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
September 16, 2014, 03:03:22 PM
In my bank, where else. Shocked Shocked
Activity: 406
September 16, 2014, 03:00:08 PM
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist
September 16, 2014, 02:55:09 PM
Hey Everyone,

This post is a question to members of the community about where do you all keep your fiat? Say you make a lot of money on some Bitcoin trades. Do you just hold it all as Bitcoin, even through market corrections, or do you convert to fiat and keep it somewhere for those corrective phases of the market. Just curious if people keep their converted btc to fiat in banks, exchanges, where? If in banks, are certain countries and banks more Bitcoin friendly than others?

I don't trade to FIAT. I only buy and hold bitcoin.
Once in a while I trade some alt-bitcoin pairs.
Every remaining FIAT on my bank account is gone. Some is left for paying bills, the rest is gone. I don't trust banks.
Activity: 64
September 16, 2014, 02:54:16 PM
Some in my bank, some in my wallet and some under my bed. I've got about 50/50 of my wealth in cash vs bitcoin. I don't plan to sell bitcoins for a while though.
Activity: 91
September 16, 2014, 02:50:33 PM
I keep about 50% of my savings in bitcoins and another half at bank

what do you mean banks are friendly to bitcoins? Does any bank offers bitcoin deposits?
Activity: 76
September 16, 2014, 02:46:15 PM
Hey Everyone,

This post is a question to members of the community about where do you all keep your fiat? Say you make a lot of money on some Bitcoin trades. Do you just hold it all as Bitcoin, even through market corrections, or do you convert to fiat and keep it somewhere for those corrective phases of the market. Just curious if people keep their converted btc to fiat in banks, exchanges, where? If in banks, are certain countries and banks more Bitcoin friendly than others?
Pages:
Jump to: