Pages:
Author

Topic: Where is User Protrader? Where is my Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
He has always been a shady poster. Always offering deals but never seen him make a successful transaction.

You should probably post this in Scam Accusations.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Try localbitcoins.com

They have escrow, its pretty safe if you use your brain Smiley

I signed up for Coinbase - but had a deal I was looking to close and they were not going to deliver coins for more than a week.

I looked at Localbitcoins.com - and pretty much all the deals there seemed like crazy prices.

The thread Protrader started seemed to already have a decent amount of activity - including people who looked to have been active here for some time.  I guess I should have been more suspicious - and I definitely will be the next time.

I have to say though - this site is a little strange.  After posting in the original thread I have gotten NO response whatsoever from any of the other people who posted there  indicating they had a problem.  So that alone makes me suspicious that the other posts may have been part of the scam.  User Protrader however magically gets a minus six on his Trust rating - but nobody is owning up to doing it.

Plus I just looked - and Protrader is still a user here and shows last activity as being just this morning.

Does this place not police it's members at all?  I spend time on a number of sites - and haven't run across a single reputable one that doesn't come down on members who pulled the kind of stuff Protrader has.

Protrader:  if you read this - either send me the coins I paid for - or refund my money.  Either one of those things makes me go away.  Choosing any of the other ones make me keep pursuing this thru whatever avenues I can find.
Activity: 56
Try localbitcoins.com

They have escrow, its pretty safe if you use your brain Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 21, 2014, 05:17:51 PM
  Didn't see this one coming   

I have to say that I did.
He contacted me on PM and I turned him down because it sounded extremly fishy.

Not sure wheter to be happy about it or ashamed as I was scammed before for thousands of dollars. Guess the education is paying off.
February 21, 2014, 04:41:51 PM
Paypal has recently came down hard on the bitcoin associated transactions, so watch out. And you could us localbitcoin or other sites that allow you to deal in cash or escrow for you. You could buy locally with them.

I signed up for Coinbase - and was going to buy from them, but they were going to take forever and a day to get me the coins. I had a transaction for goods that the user wanted to conduct in Bitcoin and this guy (Protrader) was promising to deliver sooner rather than later.

Now I've beened screwed out of a good amount of $$ - and probably lost the opportunity to purchase the item.

The name on the PayPal account was Nishant Thapa.   Protrader or Nishant or whomever he is - I hope he's happy that he got a bunch of money.  Because he just paid me to abuse him for an awfully long time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
February 21, 2014, 01:15:55 PM
Paypal has recently came down hard on the bitcoin associated transactions, so watch out. And you could us localbitcoin or other sites that allow you to deal in cash or escrow for you. You could buy locally with them.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
February 21, 2014, 01:09:25 PM
Scammers are scum.  Angry
Unfortunately, so is PayPal. I doubt they will be much help, they may even suspend your account. All kinds of crazy stuff happens with PayPal.

100% agreed. If Paypal weren't scammers, they could even be helpful in doing trusted USD transactions.  Angry Imagine how fruitful a Paypal based BTC escrow service could be to the community.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 21, 2014, 11:43:52 AM
Scammers are scum.  Angry
Unfortunately, so is PayPal. I doubt they will be much help, they may even suspend your account. All kinds of crazy stuff happens with PayPal.
February 21, 2014, 11:38:44 AM
Didn't see this one coming Roll Eyes

Yeah - probably should have seen it coming , but it seemed legitimate.  I've seen a few other sellers here that just screamed scam.

The Paypal dispute has been filed.  I'll have to wait to see what happens there.

One of the coins I was purchasing from him was for a friend who is a NSA certified hacker (he's on the watchlists and listed on their site).

He's not happy.  Neither am I.

But since you're obviously a veteran member here - what is the best way - or a good way - to buy Bitcoin?  I've setup a Coinbase
account - but they're taking forever.  I had a purchase I wanted to make with these coins and didn't want to wait as long as Coinbase
was going to take to get me coins.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
February 21, 2014, 10:48:37 AM
Didn't see this one coming Roll Eyes
Activity: 14
February 21, 2014, 10:33:54 AM
Better earlier send the disput to PayPal.
February 21, 2014, 08:22:43 AM
Does anybody know of or have contact with user "Protrader"??

He started a thread to sell Bitcoin - got a number of responses - and communicated for a while - took payment from me for some coin - and has stopped communicating now that his delivery date of February 20th has passed.

I've not received my paid-for coin.

I've PM'ed him,  responded to his thread - and gotten nothing.

The trend is not good - if I don't hear from him shortly Paypal is getting contacted to reverse the charges.  Which may screw him over if he is legitimate.

Besides the fact I'm not receiving what I paid for - I had a purchase lined up that the coin was going to be used for - so now that is in jeopardy too.

Pages:
Jump to: