Pages:
Author

Topic: Where should i hold my bitcoins - page 2. (Read 1565 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
April 21, 2017, 05:56:49 AM
If holding any decent amount at all, I would divide it up and store it using at least two different secure storage methods.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Only keep the minimum amount necessary on online wallets and exchanges.

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
April 21, 2017, 05:02:10 AM
Electrum would be the best choice for me and most members posted above since you do make use of that wallet on making transactions then this wallet would suit you and as suggested or adviced above you should keep up you keys phrase for security of the funds.You can still make use of web wallets for more convenience but only store up few amounts just right for your transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 21, 2017, 04:52:21 AM
If you like to use some of those bitcoin on daily basis than electrum desktop wallet can be good option for you. But don't forget to save your 12 word recovery phrase in some safe place written down in paper (not anywhere online). Also Use strong password there so that even when someone gain access to your laptop, they can't transfer any funds out.

However most secure wallets are offline wallet (paper wallet) or hardware wallets (eg. Trezor).
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
April 21, 2017, 04:25:43 AM
Maybe the best wallet will be a desktop wallet so you can easily access it since you'll be doing some transactions with it. An electrum wallet will do. But if you want to keeps safe some of it and not going to use for a while, a hardware wallet is best.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
April 21, 2017, 03:51:29 AM
Hello there right now i am planning to buy 5btc as an investement option,so in which wallet i should hold those bitcoins.Yes some times i will use small amounts from there and do regular transactions also.So which wallet will be safest and best for that.

I suggest moving a small amount (say 0.5-1BTC) to a desktop wallet like Electrum and keeping everything else in a paper wallet for the long term since you are not going to use them for a while.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
April 21, 2017, 03:42:55 AM
Hello there right now i am planning to buy 5btc as an investement option,so in which wallet i should hold those bitcoins.Yes some times i will use small amounts from there and do regular transactions also.So which wallet will be safest and best for that.

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Since 5 BTC =~ +$5000 at the time of writing, i would suggest either a hardware wallet, a properly created paper wallet or an airgapped offline wallet to store most of your funds, and either bitcoin core (if you have time and diskspace) or electrum as a desktop wallet.

I couldn't give you tips on mobile wallets, but i'd strongly discourage anyone to start using web wallets... Since you're not the only one controlling your private key, you're not the only one controlling your BTC when using online wallets
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
April 21, 2017, 03:41:00 AM
There are plenty of options. I recommend using Airbitz for mobile, or Electrum for PC.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
April 21, 2017, 03:29:43 AM
Pages:
Jump to: