Pages:
Author

Topic: Where should I invest my BTC - page 2. (Read 2176 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 12:05:59 PM
Thanks Will check it out!

Invest in a ASIC

Where could I do this and why ASIC?

You can purchase shares or you can buy a ASIC miner. However, it's a very risky investment.
Nah. They seem to be pretty stable. It would be a great investment.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
June 12, 2013, 12:00:58 PM
mining shares, because ordering ASIC does not work

I'm wondering about the feasibility of ASIC shares now though as well. Most of them, at today's rate/ROI would take 3 years or more to get back the investment. Of course if their hash rates go up that speeds up ROI but difficulty still plays a huge role.
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
June 12, 2013, 09:06:25 AM
mining shares, because ordering ASIC does not work
Activity: 46
June 12, 2013, 08:54:39 AM
if i had 15BTC i invest in ASIC
Activity: 27
June 10, 2013, 05:33:00 PM
Personally, I have diversified my investments in start-ups, mining shares, and mining hardware.  I did some math this morning and discovered that my mining shares are almost exactly on par with my hardware investments (Original purchase ~2.25BTC w/ equivalent daily ROI).  However, I find that the two erupters I purchased have been the most intellectually fulfilling.  I wanted to get into mining, but the pre-order scams are daunting and single CPU/GPU mining is not profitable.  It was certainly fun to learn more about mining and the purchase of the hardware provided the impetus for me to do so.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 10, 2013, 05:11:38 PM
TL:DR - I don't know what he envisions his investment will look like. If he envisions it as a learning experience with hands on activity rather than buying some shares and sitting back, I can't imagine a better option than these erupters. And I'd be happy to help him get there (or there are group buys, ebay, bitmit, etc).

I really am glad there are senior members around here though to advise newer users - so many scammers running rampant - turns my stomach.

Yeah, I didn't want to dis your efforts, you're performing a great service, and if Block Erupters are what people really want, then who am I to dissuade them? But this is the newbie board, so I like to educate them a bit about ROI, difficulty etc. Its probably because I'm a newbie here myself, just a week old, I've been a bit prolific on my posting  Roll Eyes

Anyway good luck, you should have no problem getting plenty of orders, in spite of my efforts to give newbies pause for thought  Wink
Activity: 266
The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.
June 10, 2013, 04:52:02 PM
But they are a bit on the expensive side. OK if you've done the math and are happy with the results, but I do caution that they are not a magic money tree.
We can agree that they are not a magic money tree Smiley
"expensive" is relative. I have yet to find anyone else willing to ship same-day (i.e. non-group-buy) that can beat my price. In fact, most on BitMit/eBay are DOUBLE my price ... and they still sell! I've been damn tempted to raise my prices but I believe in a greater good - in something more than just making a quick buck and disappearing. Hopefully my actions have shown that!

Also, other than AM Block Erupter blades (which may be more efficient, but even just one is out of most price ranges, as is clearly the case for the OP), I can't think of a single other ASIC that is shipping (defined as: you pay and have it before difficulty changes!). So when people say these are expensive, I always ask "show me another apple to compare it to" and they really can't. It's different than stocks or preorders, it's a tangible good that you can plug in and mine with!

I view them as springboards ... launching users into the rabbit hole we call bitcoin mining! Small price to pay to gain that interest and experience!

TL:DR - I don't know what he envisions his investment will look like. If he envisions it as a learning experience with hands on activity rather than buying some shares and sitting back, I can't imagine a better option than these erupters. And I'd be happy to help him get there (or there are group buys, ebay, bitmit, etc).

I really am glad there are senior members around here though to advise newer users - so many scammers running rampant - turns my stomach.
Activity: 196
June 10, 2013, 04:23:07 PM
it is way to late to get in onthe ASIC games. by the time you recieved your machine you would be behind the curve and you would be unlikely to return on your investment.
While that's true for most distributors, I'm an exception! I have ASICs in-stock and, last week, was able to get them in some customer's hands as early as the next day (although average with USPS is two days).

I guarantee you if you want an ASIC, I can ship it out to you tomorrow morning. Recent feedback: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=54472

Either way - best wishes with your investment - exciting times!! I'm biased because I'm selling the hardware, but I think the tangible investment of bitcoin mining is fantastic - it's like you own a little mint Smiley

Ok, i was unaware of your service. just trying to prevent a newbie from getting screwed out of his btc.

But they are a bit on the expensive side. OK if you've done the math and are happy with the results, but I do caution that they are not a magic money tree. Caclulate here http://www.coinish.com/calc/ (expert mode shows estimated payback including difficulty increase).
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
June 10, 2013, 04:19:25 PM
it is way to late to get in onthe ASIC games. by the time you recieved your machine you would be behind the curve and you would be unlikely to return on your investment.
While that's true for most distributors, I'm an exception! I have ASICs in-stock and, last week, was able to get them in some customer's hands as early as the next day (although average with USPS is two days).

I guarantee you if you want an ASIC, I can ship it out to you tomorrow morning. Recent feedback: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=54472

Either way - best wishes with your investment - exciting times!! I'm biased because I'm selling the hardware, but I think the tangible investment of bitcoin mining is fantastic - it's like you own a little mint Smiley

Ok, i was unaware of your service. just trying to prevent a newbie from getting screwed out of his btc.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 10, 2013, 04:18:19 PM
Those of you with havelock... have you been doing alright with them? I just looked over their financials and they are losing more and more every quarter. They're down to a quarter (no pun intended) of where they were last year.
I guess it's the perfect time to stop putting money into it, huh?
Activity: 266
The Assman: CEO of Vandelay Import/Export, Inc.
June 10, 2013, 04:17:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
June 10, 2013, 04:16:36 PM
Those of you with havelock... have you been doing alright with them? I just looked over their financials and they are losing more and more every quarter. They're down to a quarter (no pun intended) of where they were last year.
Activity: 11
June 10, 2013, 04:14:59 PM
what makes coinlenders the better option?
Activity: 56
June 10, 2013, 04:11:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I have around 15 bitcoins and I am wondering where I should Invest them. I purchased some shares from https://www.havelockinvestments.com Any other sites where I could invest my bitcoins?

Study some sites like http://bter.com and you can buy some YAC its been very stable and hasn't exploded yet.

I guess its just waiting on some more people to become interested in developing it more but has lacked that because the GPU ASIC FPGA farmers wont touch it with a stick because they cant point their rigs at it and thats why no speculators see it cause no one is talking about it but im sure it will change one day its only a month old so watch it it is a CPU focused networking secured currency averaging about 60mhs a day in network hashing
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
June 10, 2013, 04:03:10 PM
Thanks Will check it out!

Invest in a ASIC

Where could I do this and why ASIC?

Activity: 4
June 10, 2013, 03:59:04 PM
I think that you should diversify at Havelock: buy some ASICM, HIM, SDICE etc. I would also get some exposure to Litecoins and PPCoins by converting some BTC over at BTC-E.

+1
Except PPCoins I would stay away and consider buying some shares in some of ASIC groupbuys. Keep 50%+ in cold storage.
June 10, 2013, 03:51:57 PM
You also might consider diversifying your investment by picking up a USB miner.  I have two of them and they are nice little earners, albeit as hot as bunsen burners.

You can buy them here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2353374

It looks like kosmo just got some in stock and he is ready to ship ASAP!

Seamless integration with BitMinter mining pool.
Activity: 41
June 10, 2013, 11:24:47 AM
Why do you not suggest BTCjam? Is coinlenders better?

I little figure  is worth thousand of words
BTCJAM = BTCSSCAM

Majority of people try to Scam others, the website owners do not really help scammed people to get money back.

For sure Tradeforteress (misspelling somewhere in the name for sure) owner of coinlender is much more reliable, and the basic rate is pretty good in my opinion.
Activity: 172
June 09, 2013, 07:30:38 PM
I think that you should diversify at Havelock: buy some ASICM, HIM, SDICE etc. I would also get some exposure to Litecoins and PPCoins by converting some BTC over at BTC-E.
June 09, 2013, 07:17:45 PM
I have had a lot of success using BitFunder.  To fund your account you also have to have a WeExchange account.  I have also used BTC-TC; they allow direct BTC funding, but I usually see higher share prices there.
Pages:
Jump to: