Pages:
Author

Topic: Where the Merit Pours? - page 2. (Read 1386 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 8
March 12, 2018, 09:50:05 AM
A really nice post.  Love all of the analysis and graphics.  If I had sMerit, I would have definitely given you some for your time and dedication on this analysis and write up.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
March 12, 2018, 08:07:28 AM
Here is one of my post just i want to hear opinion what i did wrong Huh
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32045858

The first point is that it is on the alt boards, and I don't read those. That's just an explanation as to why I hadn't seen it.

It is too long, and it appears to cover a variety of topics. It might be better to focus on one aspect, and to concentrate on the salient facts.

Also, I foind you english hard to follow, and this was a bit of a deterrent, and I'm sorry, but I didn't read the bulk of the post.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 308
March 11, 2018, 06:15:55 PM
An informative thread and great infographic calculation. I think meta section is received the most of merit since the merit system applied to the forum. Maybe you can update this thread monthly or weekly (if possible).
Really awesome work, good job Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
March 11, 2018, 04:30:19 PM
Thank you for sharing this information . For me now is more clear where i must post because since i start being active user of bitcointalk i didnt received any merit point . But i think i deserve at least some point for some of my post where i spend at least one hour to write it . But not complaining just keep writing with hope what someone will send me some merit points at least to feel what what i`m writing is interesting and people are reading and appreaciate. Here is one of my post just i want to hear opinion what i did wrong Huh
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32045858

Cheers and good luck

P.S. Thank you for your article Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 274
March 11, 2018, 03:55:35 PM
This is great and even before this chart is posted, I've been thinking that Local Boards should be really the boards that got the most given merit since the members using their own language can create good and constructive posts rather than pushing themselves outside that board where they can't really contribute. But I am wrong.

Never thought that the economy section will get the highest max merit given since I never thought that people are reading the posts of the members there.

Really great thread. It's no surprise to see Meta coming out on top. It also shows that it really pays to speak a second language with how many merits are about in the local sections.

Thank you for your appreciation.
In my opinion speaking thru local language will increase the understanding and agreement level of members thus increasing the chance to get merit.
I think Economy section got so many merits because of the Marketplace, there are merits given away thru Q&A and the like, which I found good and helpful.

Ah those russians and turks. It almost seems like the [ANN] threads are being merited by default. Tho a good number of those posta made in local boards were merit trades. Maybe I'll make the similar post to this one but for merit trading.  Grin

That's great, just send me a PM if you need some hand for doing that.

May I ask why you didn't include a table showing the average per thread and such for the economics section like you did for all of the other sections?

I have those table, maybe it didn't load well. Kindly try to refresh the browser to see the images.

Nice data, it must have taken a long time to gather. This is a thread that deserves many merits.

theymos provide most of the data.

Thanks for great topic about merit statistics, bro. However, you should correct it a little bit. Please edit deviation to standard deviation. It will be more correct with the term (standard deviation, not deviation).

Thank you for your appreciation and suggestion.
I'll add the word Standard next time.

Thank you Zentdex. You should add statistics for average/ median merit points received for each topics in different boards in the forum.

That could be manageable but it will be a super long post which I doubt most people will not hesitate to read.

What a nice thread you have here and although some are only conclusions, I really cant hardly suggest the tracking of every data collected from this forum because it will be a hassle to do even though you have so much time to spend on it.
Updating this thread every week may also give you a hard time but you can atleast twice a week or once per month.
Thanks for the informations, this will be notified as an easy understanding on how the Merits being distributed to this community.

Yes, it will be so hard to update it frequently, but I think I could do a monthly stat.

Informative I will visit those thread. A clickable table of top merit thread is more useful OP?

I never thought of that, I suddenly scratch my head after reading your suggestion. I'll try it next time if time provides.

Rank is not just a title but a worthy title.

I agree with you by that.

To the OP, can you produce a chart that shows merit spend over time (daily), how much merit is spent each day? by which boards? I'd like to see the spending, i.e., economy, of this merit system.
Thank you!

And that is a very good suggestion. I will put it top of my list!

Actually, I can analyse and make interesting charts using time series analysis if I have data. Raw data from Theymos is not enough, and I don't know how to get more data from the forum.

I think I could also analyze more clearly if I have your skills.
can you PM me those analysis methods you think about.

This is a well thought out post. Quality analysis and graphical representations of fact. Great job.

Why Russians have the maximum merits as well as Turkish???
Do there are less numbers of Russians and Turkish people in the forum??
This may be the only possible reason.
Can you tell me about this.

Thanks for this information keep it up.

They got more thread with merits that others.
As of the moment I don't have number of members belong or post to those boards, sorry about that. I'll try to include those next time.

Wonderful job man. I guess this kind of thread can make a lot and good discussion between members, and one thing that you can consider to add in the OP is the links to the thread youve stated or maybe some example of the post that got merit in the thread.
Thank you.

Your the second one to suggest it so I'll better do that next time.

What A great job done! If I would still have sMerits I would reward it as well. I think this thread should be fixed on the top of Meta section (cause of here all merit topics discussed exactly here) to work as teaching aid for newbies and for everybody who search support about merit.

A simple thank you will suffice.

Activity: 658
Merit: 152
March 10, 2018, 03:28:02 PM
What A great job done! If I would still have sMerits I would reward it as well. I think this thread should be fixed on the top of Meta section (cause of here all merit topics discussed exactly here) to work as teaching aid for newbies and for everybody who search support about merit.
Activity: 476
Merit: 359
March 10, 2018, 03:11:58 PM
Well i have made this kind of thread giving some statistic from a valid data which i gathered my self from my thhread and from QA merit activity, i am proud of my work back then,but your work in these, i would say that your job is remarkable, very interesting, and a solid valid data given out to people about merits, and it answer some of people question and statement like
1. Only meta section getting merits
2. Local board didnt gives merits
3. Dumpster board wont gives you any merits
4. Etc
Wonderful job man. I guess this kind of thread can make a lot and good discussion between members, and one thing that you can consider to add in the OP is the links to the thread youve stated or maybe some example of the post that got merit in the thread.

Thank you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
March 10, 2018, 02:01:07 PM
Why Russians have the maximum merits as well as Turkish???
Do there are less numbers of Russians and Turkish people in the forum??
This may be the only possible reason.
Can you tell me about this.

Thanks for this information keep it up.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 379
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
March 10, 2018, 12:23:03 PM
This is a well thought out post. Quality analysis and graphical representations of fact. Great job.
Activity: 462
Merit: 155
March 10, 2018, 11:43:00 AM
Those Russians love to "spend" their merit on their comrades!

The next bit of analysis should be to translate those Russian posts that have received merit to assess how little one has to write in Russian to get 5, 10, 20, 50 merit!

If Theymos restricted merit spending in the Local board do you think we could minimize the opportunities for people to give merit to their alts or friends without, ummm merit?

Maybe people should be allowed to spend how they want.

To the OP, can you produce a chart that shows merit spend over time (daily), how much merit is spent each day? by which boards? I'd like to see the spending, i.e., economy, of this merit system.

Thank you!
Actually, I can analyse and make interesting charts using time series analysis if I have data. Raw data from Theymos is not enough, and I don't know how to get more data from the forum.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
March 10, 2018, 11:11:21 AM
Those Russians love to "spend" their merit on their comrades!

The next bit of analysis should be to translate those Russian posts that have received merit to assess how little one has to write in Russian to get 5, 10, 20, 50 merit!

If Theymos restricted merit spending in the Local board do you think we could minimize the opportunities for people to give merit to their alts or friends without, ummm merit?

Maybe people should be allowed to spend how they want.

Thank you!
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
March 10, 2018, 10:10:39 AM
Overall, I could say that these are very informative infographs. I could really conclude that the Merit System is working as expected, and are being used. So those people who always complain about the Merit System, and having a hard time getting Merits, they should visit this. I'm sure they will realize that they are the only ones who are complaining about it. Most of us are being grateful to the System, that the Rank is not just a title but a worthy title.

Based on the infographs, especially in the local boards. I've noticed that the Russian board, seems to be spending a lot of sMerits there, very suspicious indeed.
Activity: 37
Merit: 6
March 10, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
Informative I will visit those thread. A clickable table of top merit thread is more useful OP?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
March 10, 2018, 12:28:57 AM
What a nice thread you have here and although some are only conclusions, I really cant hardly suggest the tracking of every data collected from this forum because it will be a hassle to do even though you have so much time to spend on it.
Updating this thread every week may also give you a hard time but you can atleast twice a week or once per month.
Thanks for the informations, this will be notified as an easy understanding on how the Merits being distributed to this community.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 12:01:56 AM
Thank you Zentdex. You should add statistics for average/ median merit points received for each topics in different boards in the forum.
Activity: 54
March 09, 2018, 10:48:27 PM
Thanks for great topic about merit statistics, bro. However, you should correct it a little bit. Please edit deviation to standard deviation. It will be more correct with the term (standard deviation, not deviation).
Activity: 41
March 09, 2018, 09:39:20 PM
Very informative thread! Nowadays merit is really a big thing here in forum, so it's essential for me to read posts like. Bottom line is merit is shared every where in this forum just have to got enough knowledge to share to everyone.
Activity: 229
Merit: 3
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
March 09, 2018, 07:03:54 PM
Nice data, it must have taken a long time to gather. This is a thread that deserves many merits.
Activity: 59
Merit: 14
March 09, 2018, 03:19:45 PM
Really great thread. It's no surprise to see Meta coming out on top. It also shows that it really pays to speak a second language with how many merits are about in the local sections.

May I ask why you didn't include a table showing the average per thread and such for the economics section like you did for all of the other sections?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
March 09, 2018, 02:09:35 PM
Ah those russians and turks. It almost seems like the [ANN] threads are being merited by default. Tho a good number of those posta made in local boards were merit trades. Maybe I'll make the similar post to this one but for merit trading.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: