Pages:
Author

Topic: Where to keep BTC if I don't want to keep in exchange? - page 4. (Read 2061 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
you can go for ledger nano s wallet. here your bitcoin is perfectly sucure.and if you buy this it allows multicurrency and this is user friendly also.
Activity: 32
there are lots of wallet where you can keep you bitcoin safely. i will suggest hardware wallet which is safe and secure. you can try this.
Activity: 31
To keep your bitcoin you can use hardware wallet you can also go for ledger nano s. It’s a offline wallet. It can have the capability to secure your coin. I think ledger nano s is best for you.
Activity: 31
You can get simple but highly trusted wallets like Coinomi or Blockchain. i am also use it. you can try it. it's more secure and reputable. it will perform better than other.
brand new
Activity: 0
Maintain in a safe and sound wallet. I am use Blockchain you can also try to use it. it will perform better and keep secure your wallet. you should also careful.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
A few weeks ago I got an email telling me that my password had been changed by someone on my poloniex account. So, I suppose therefore my account was hacked. Immediately I went to freeze the account and changed my password. But the thing is, I don't want to risk that happen again with a large amount stored in the exchange.

Where would be the best place to keep my BTC while I'm not trading with it in an exchange? I don't feel as if storing it on my own hard drive is very secure as hard drives can fail, and what can you do if that happens..?

it depends how often you'll need to access it. i prefer to put most of my coins into very cold storage--encrypted core wallet.dat generated offline and copied onto a few storage mediums.

then i leave the rest of my coins in electrum wallets that use the offline signing method, which is much safer than a desktop wallet connected to the internet, or an online wallet.

here's a tutorial on how to set up an offline signing setup with electrum: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3g16qy/i_made_a_tutorial_on_how_to_sign_transactions/

(note: it's best to use a camera + QR code rather than USB sticks, although i've never heard of successful bitcoin theft via USB stick malware + offline encrypted wallet)
Activity: 28
Maintain in a safe and sound wallet. You can obtain basic but extremely respected wallets like Coinomi or Blockchain actually from a Google play store. All you must perform is normally guarantee you possess your passphrase duplicated out and hidden someplace secure.
brand new
you know it basically depends on the investors what actually they demand but if you are asking for suggestions then I will suggested hardware wallet cause right now most of the people are preferring it but yes the choice is up to you
Activity: 27
I am glad that you are asking for my opinion but I will say that it is mostly depends on you cause what are your recommend you knows it better but if you ask for suggestions then as per the record people are depending on offline hardware wallet
before giving you any suggestions I will like to explain you one thing very clearly that it depends on your demands and choices but if you want to know about the update then hardware wallet is more popular
Everyone should be aware of this type of issue. Please take help from google. Use the best way to secure your account.You can keep it in safe wallet too.Now a days hardware wallet is also safe to use.
brand new
Hardware wallet seems to be the widely used platform where people are trusting with their earnings right now but sill you should do a more extensive research of yours.
Activity: 26
Have to say you are hugely lucky that you didn't lose any money with the whole hacking situation. Better look for a solid platform to store your coins.
Activity: 315
Few bitcoin wallet may charge a few bucks in return of a bulletproof platform for storing your coins. So if you have a substantial amount to store, you might consider the option.
There are many hardware and software wallets that provide good security for cryptocurrencies. I think Trezor, Ledger Nano S, Jaxx and Mycelium any one of them could be good. My preference would be a hardware wallet.
Activity: 75
You can generate a paper wallet with a qr code or download for example an electrum desktop wallet. Other than that buy yourself a Ledger, an external device that looks like a pendrive, that can keep several cryptocurrencies in a very safe way.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
My mind is not a better option than Ledger. Ledger is both safe and physical. Buy one Ledger and relax.
Activity: 61
Merit: 3
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
All  type of wallet may it be a web or hardware etc. Will have both pros and cons you just have to decide on which will you be more comfortable and feel safe.
Activity: 238
A few weeks ago I got an email telling me that my password had been changed by someone on my poloniex account. So, I suppose therefore my account was hacked. Immediately I went to freeze the account and changed my password. But the thing is, I don't want to risk that happen again with a large amount stored in the exchange.

Where would be the best place to keep my BTC while I'm not trading with it in an exchange? I don't feel as if storing it on my own hard drive is very secure as hard drives can fail, and what can you do if that happens..?

definitely a hardware wallet, either trezor or ledger. That way you can make sure the transaction is signed directly in your device, that is protected by password. Just make sure you back it up well
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
I think we have two options here. The first is to throw in a paper wallet and store it in a safe environment. The second option is to buy a Ledger.

Yup, these 2 wallets are perfectly fine... However, IMHO, the absolute safest way for anybody to store their BTC is by offline installing an up-to-date version from linux on an airgapped PC, don't install the network drivers.
Next, install the latest version of bitcoin core, and create an encrypted non-HD wallet.

Now, you have completely random private keys being generated by the latest version of the reference client on a machine that has never been online.

Offcourse, this airgapped cold wallet is not easy to work with... You need to make regular backups of your encrypted wallet.dat, you have to create unsigned transactions on an online machine and transfer them to the offline machine, sign those tx's, transfer them back to the online machine,... It's a drag, but IMHO it's the absolute safest option.
Pages:
Jump to: