Pages:
Author

Topic: where we can loan out btc? - page 3. (Read 2862 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
August 09, 2015, 08:54:10 AM
I to believe that lending section should have some restrictions on new users in creating new threads for asking loans. If you notice in recent history most of new threads asking for loans with new accounts. Since new accounts are not a good collateral then why one should allow these new users to create new threads in lending section?

If forum allow to create threads only after reaching jr member account and above can reduce scam posts in some extent only in lending section

instead of erasing the problem all at once you should try and fix it!

i mean there are obvious rules and precautions that anybody who is lending or borrowing bitcoin should take to be safer. for example requiring a valid collateral or using trusted escrow services.

and those who don't pay attention to these safety points (which can be found on the top of the lending section by the way) deserve to get scammed.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com
August 09, 2015, 06:29:53 AM
I to believe that lending section should have some restrictions on new users in creating new threads for asking loans. If you notice in recent history most of new threads asking for loans with new accounts. Since new accounts are not a good collateral then why one should allow these new users to create new threads in lending section?

If forum allow to create threads only after reaching jr member account and above can reduce scam posts in some extent only in lending section

This is not a bad idea! Every fime I get into a lending or currency exchange section, I get overwhelmed by all of the newbies accounts. I mean, we don't need to stereotype, but 90% of those are just looking to screw people over!
i agree with this there are a lot of newbie asking for loan..
but they dont now that no one will give loan without colateral..
lending section become something like newbie section..
i will be happy if only jr member or member and up can only access that section
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 09, 2015, 02:30:59 AM
if no desperate need and good behavior you can try the btc jam no?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
August 09, 2015, 01:39:55 AM

This is not a bad idea! Every fime I get into a lending or currency exchange section, I get overwhelmed by all of the newbies accounts. I mean, we don't need to stereotype, but 90% of those are just looking to screw people over!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
August 09, 2015, 01:33:18 AM

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
August 09, 2015, 01:07:06 AM
Now a days if you check bitcointalk lending section most of the threads useless meaning more than 70% people requesting loans without reading forum rules. Very first post it self request for the loan and these people are not new people they know but still they try their luck. With this lending section become full of scam thread so I was thinking is their any other safe places to earn some interests on our BTC.

In this thread we can also give suggestions for how to improve bitcointalk lending section to minimize scam threads.

there are old users that are still lending bitcoin, if you want to get a loan in bitcoin you shouldn't have any problems if you provide collateral
Activity: 490
August 09, 2015, 12:24:02 AM
The most trustworthy bitcoin lending platforms are btcjam and bitcoinlendingclub. Btcjam pays up to 19.3% and bitcoin lending club around 12% interest. Be careful if you lend on btt, many scammers lend coins and never pay back.

Are these annual rates? Sounds like such a good deal it could be too good to be true! What's the default rate?
Yes those are annual rates. BTCjam is the most trustworthy one and higher paying one, they are insured and a bitcoin foundation silver member.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 08, 2015, 10:54:07 PM
btcjam and bitcoinlendingclub is known for bitcoin lending but expect to submit tons of requirement and documents before you can ask for a loan.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
August 08, 2015, 10:43:30 PM
The most trustworthy bitcoin lending platforms are btcjam and bitcoinlendingclub. Btcjam pays up to 19.3% and bitcoin lending club around 12% interest. Be careful if you lend on btt, many scammers lend coins and never pay back.

Are these annual rates? Sounds like such a good deal it could be too good to be true! What's the default rate?
Activity: 490
August 08, 2015, 10:41:53 PM
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
August 08, 2015, 10:41:45 PM
The lending section is a good place if you want to remain anonymous. Other popular options are BTCJam and BitLendingClub.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
August 08, 2015, 09:35:33 PM
Now a days if you check bitcointalk lending section most of the threads useless meaning more than 70% people requesting loans without reading forum rules. Very first post it self request for the loan and these people are not new people they know but still they try their luck. With this lending section become full of scam thread so I was thinking is their any other safe places to earn some interests on our BTC.

In this thread we can also give suggestions for how to improve bitcointalk lending section to minimize scam threads.

Just google "bitcoin lending" and there are many hits.  I would say just keep this in the Marketplace child board.  Just because there are scams there doesn't mean it can't still be used.  A lot of lending has to do with establishing reputation.  That's one thing about being on these boards long enough is that you can build that relationship over time and have better business transactions.

But the sites are plentiful outside these forums:  btcjam, btclend.org, and btclendingclub just to name a few.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
August 08, 2015, 09:01:18 PM

Pages:
Jump to: