Pages:
Author

Topic: Where's all the optimists? - page 3. (Read 3332 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 13, 2014, 11:45:23 AM
time to be optimistic...
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
February 13, 2014, 11:44:24 AM
Not really, instead of sitting on 1000% profit I'm only sitting on 500% profit now. I've been almost 300% underwater back in April and even then I stayed optimistic and didn't feel like selling, so I can't do anything but comfortably sit back and watch and laugh at all the drama and trolling going on. Tongue (and buy some more BTC in the meantime)

But this is what I would do if I was optimistic but sitting underwater right now and having no more fiat left to invest:

1) Turn off charts
2) Stay away from the charts and these forums for a few weeks
3) Come back and turn charts back on
4) Smile and shout CCMFTDM! Grin
+1, exactly this.

bitcoin is so volatile that at some point even the most optimistic bull and the most pessimistic bear will have their moment of "see, I TOLD YOU SO, SIR"

as long as, in the long run we can laugh at the pessimists, everything is fine. those guys are trying to tell us that bitcoin with its 11166.67% performance in the last 24 months is a bad investment. that is a hard standing.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
February 13, 2014, 11:42:45 AM
I'm still optimistic about bitcoin's future.  I have seen drops before, no big deal. I only look at fundamentals. Is bitcoin still the cheapest, fastest, and most private way to buy on the internet?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
February 13, 2014, 11:39:29 AM
I noticed that in times of crash, there are no optimists around preaching "oh no! bitcoin will never go below 600-700! it will be $5000 next month!". They must have bolted off with their cash-out with their tail between their legs.

I created an optimistic post the other day, telling people to buy, and for some reason it was deleted. Perhaps there's an agenda here for bitcoin to go lower so the big whales can scoop up bitcoins at lower prices. It wouldn't surprise me.

What did your post say (more precise) and who deleted it?

I can't remember.
I was trying to encourage newbies to not be disheartened with the price drop.
And that it might be a good time to convert altcoins to bitcoin.
Nevermind.......

You get a PM when one of your posts is deleted. I guess you deleted that?
Activity: 51
Merit: 502
February 13, 2014, 11:37:08 AM
I noticed that in times of crash, there are no optimists around preaching "oh no! bitcoin will never go below 600-700! it will be $5000 next month!". They must have bolted off with their cash-out with their tail between their legs.

I created an optimistic post the other day, telling people to buy, and for some reason it was deleted. Perhaps there's an agenda here for bitcoin to go lower so the big whales can scoop up bitcoins at lower prices. It wouldn't surprise me.

I can't remember.
I was trying to encourage newbies to not be disheartened with the price drop.
And that it might be a good time to convert altcoins to bitcoin.
Nevermind.......
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4562
You're never too old to think young.
February 13, 2014, 11:34:19 AM
Lemmings

Lemmings? Those who panic sell when the price dips?

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
February 13, 2014, 11:33:48 AM
They'll be back as soon there is some green on the daily, shouting "CCMF".

I keep seeing this 'CCMF' and I still have no idea what it means.  Google suggests it is Community Concern for Mental Fragility, which seems about right.

I believe CCMF stands for "Check Cashing Mo Fo".  Someone that keeps making money doing the same thing over and over.

Try: Choo Choo Mother Fucker  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4562
You're never too old to think young.
February 13, 2014, 11:27:46 AM
We're too busy buying cheap coins to be arsed to respond to trolls and permabears.   Grin

+1
legendary
February 13, 2014, 11:10:54 AM

legendary
February 13, 2014, 11:08:54 AM

I'm an optimist, but I'm not going to post ridiculous claims. I'm not going to argue (much) against ridiculous claims either. These trolls shouting "Bitcoin is dead" are trying to scare sheep for their own agenda.

Bitcoin will survive this transaction malleability issue. The exchanges will function again soon (except Gox which is non-functional by design). In a few months this will be forgotten.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069
February 13, 2014, 10:15:59 AM

I keep seeing this 'CCMF' and I still have no idea what it means.  Google suggests it is Community Concern for Mental Fragility, which seems about right.

I believe CCMF stands for "Check Cashing Mo Fo".  Someone that keeps making money doing the same thing over and over.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
February 13, 2014, 10:13:02 AM
No optimists = time to buy.
Activity: 51
Merit: 502
February 13, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
February 13, 2014, 10:09:10 AM
I'm optimistic, this is just history repeating itself. Wait a couple of weeks and see it reach a new high again. Why wouldn't I be optimistic?
In history though, bitcoin never had an exposed vulnerability cause this much disruption.

That is 100% totally untrue. 
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
February 13, 2014, 10:03:15 AM

It means choo-choo-mofo, sometimes accompanied by to-da-moon (or is it Mars now?).
There is a choo-choo, but currently it's going downhill. This doesn't exclude some nice rebounds.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
February 13, 2014, 10:00:04 AM
I'm optimistic, this is just history repeating itself. Wait a couple of weeks and see it reach a new high again. Why wouldn't I be optimistic?
In history though, bitcoin never had an exposed vulnerability cause this much disruption.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
February 13, 2014, 09:57:03 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 13, 2014, 09:51:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
February 13, 2014, 09:50:24 AM

You're looking at the wrong threads maybe.
Just because there are still people posting here on bitcointalk it means there are people who are optimist on bitcoin future.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007
Hide your women
February 13, 2014, 09:49:02 AM
I'm your huckleberry. BTC FTW!
Pages:
Jump to: