Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Bitcoin Is Not? - page 3. (Read 602 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
May 29, 2019, 09:12:17 AM
Forgot the only real reason for BTC to exist, decentralization, nothing is more important than this.

Without an iota of doubt our coins are save even though the shameless ones are strongly against the mainstream manifestation of the blockchain. Bitcoin is decentralized and much reliable compared to the centralized ones. Wonderful write-up from OP, gained more experience while read.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
May 29, 2019, 09:06:58 AM
6, 7, 8, 10 are the things which I think bitcoin will fail to deliver as it just doesn't fit the whole picture for the said crypto in its current state. Sending money using bitcoin is expensive more often than not.
Governments wouldn't allow a one-world currency, let alone a single, world government unless something bad happens to the world and a central authority is really needed.
People still need traditional bank accounts for most of the time if they happen to want to use that bitcoin as fiat.
Btc loans are primarily honeypot for scammers in the making, and in general not a good business model.
Activity: 532
Merit: 185
May 29, 2019, 04:47:02 AM
Forgot the only real reason for BTC to exist, decentralization, nothing is more important than this.

Exactly, no one can take our money or close down the bitcoin blockchain, we don't even need to trust each other, the blockchain alone will keep our bitcoins safe.
Activity: 187
Merit: 45
May 29, 2019, 04:43:01 AM
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
May 29, 2019, 04:39:05 AM
6. Bitcoin is the cheapest way to transfer money
7. Bitcoin is on it's way to being the world currency
8. Bitcoin provides solutions for people worldwide without bank accounts, who can't get bank accounts, or don't have access to banks in their region.

I think these might be.

1We all know that transactions fees had been a problem to Bitcoin and until now there are still people who are pissed about this. There might be a time that it is not a problem but I think people prefer other methods. 2With a lot of countries banning Bitcoin, I don't think that it will be a world currency. Government of each country has their own opinion about this and we should respect that. 3I don't think it is like that. People in our country can easily get bank accounts and that is not a problem. Also, I don't see this as a solution since there is no problem.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
May 29, 2019, 04:33:00 AM

Bitcoin is the cheapest way to transfer money

I will not agree with this quoted statement because some exchanges/wallets charge higher fees (bitcoin transfer) than other cryptos (ETH, XRP, etc.)
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
May 29, 2019, 03:37:22 AM

As Bitcoin is once again at the $8,000+ level, there is a raging excitement and a big buzz in the marketplace on the King of Crypto. People are asking if this can be the start of the big bull run -- the big one to push Bitcoin beyond the $20,000 zone almost achieved in 2017.

With all the hypes and speculations surrounding Bitcoin, here are some bitcoin FACTS and why bitcoin enthusiast like myself love it, trust it, and just could not wait of what can be...

1. Bitcoin is money
2. Bitcoin is an asset
3. Bitcoin is a commodity
4. Bitcoin is a utility
5. Bitcoin is more valuable than gold and USD.
8. Bitcoin provides solutions for people worldwide without bank accounts, who can't get bank accounts, or don't have access to banks in their region.
9. Bitcoin can be traded.
10. Bitcoin has IRA's, Futures, Mutual Funds, Credit, Loans
11. Bitcoin has a limited supply of only 21 million giving it serious value whereas 17,674,400 has already been mined.
12. Bitcoin has to be mined, the source of all bitcoin, and will go on for the next 120 years to 2140.
13. Bitcoin is the FIRST and leader of all the 2116 cryptocurrencies on the market as of 4/30/19 dominating at 54.6% of the market cap of $172.6 billion!
14. Bitcoin is accepted worldwide at hundreds of thousands of retailers to pay for goods and services from coffee and pizza to paying taxes, luxury vacations, cars, homes, boats, and more!
15. Bitcoin is predicted to be worth $100,000 per coin within the next 3 years and $250,000 within the next 5 years.

This is actually a post of a friend of mine in Facebook where he enumerated many traits or qualities of Bitcoin worth thinking about. Now, among this list, which do you think is not true or will not come true?

Bitcoin is digital gold - thus money, an asset, and a commodity with a limited supply. But as a digital form of money, it is more portable than gold, and thus does not require a vault for storage. This is what makes bitcoin attractive for me, besides being a decentralized, non-sovereign currency.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
May 29, 2019, 03:29:42 AM
As Bitcoin is once again at the $8,000+ level, there is a raging excitement and a big buzz in the marketplace on the King of Crypto. People are asking if this can be the start of the big bull run -- the big one to push Bitcoin beyond the $20,000 zone almost achieved in 2017.

With all the hypes and speculations surrounding Bitcoin, here are some bitcoin FACTS and why bitcoin enthusiast like myself love it, trust it, and just could not wait of what can be...

1. Bitcoin is money
2. Bitcoin is an asset
3. Bitcoin is a commodity
4. Bitcoin is a utility
5. Bitcoin is more valuable than gold and USD.
9. Bitcoin can be traded.
10. Bitcoin has IRA's, Futures, Mutual Funds, Credit, Loans
11. Bitcoin has a limited supply of only 21 million giving it serious value whereas 17,674,400 has already been mined.
12. Bitcoin has to be mined, the source of all bitcoin, and will go on for the next 120 years to 2140.
13. Bitcoin is the FIRST and leader of all the 2116 cryptocurrencies on the market as of 4/30/19 dominating at 54.6% of the market cap of $172.6 billion!
14. Bitcoin is accepted worldwide at hundreds of thousands of retailers to pay for goods and services from coffee and pizza to paying taxes, luxury vacations, cars, homes, boats, and more!
15. Bitcoin is predicted to be worth $100,000 per coin within the next 3 years and $250,000 within the next 5 years.

Now, among this list, which do you think is not true or will not come true?

Pages:
Jump to: