Pages:
Author

Topic: Which coins are premined? Did satoshi really premine 1 million bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 3343 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin v0.1 was public released on 17:05:49 -0800, January 9, 2009. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/History

At that time, block 1 - 14 were mined. So you could say Satoshi may have premined 14 blocks (700 BTC). Smiley Remember 700 BTC that time worth nothing.

block 14:
https://blockchain.info/block/0000000080f17a0c5a67f663a9bc9969eb37e81666d9321125f0e293656f8a37

block 15:
https://blockchain.info/block/00000000b3322c8c3ef7d2cf6da009a776e6a99ee65ec5a32f3f345712238473

Certainly, we don't know how many other people joined that time, so we don't know how much was mined by Satoshi. Nonetheless, after block 15, there's no premining any more since he had already published the code.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004
Also, I had heard that satoshi premined 1 million coins before releasing bitcoin to the public. Is it true about satoshi?

No. Bitcoin has no premine.

Some estimates suggest that Satoshi has mined up to 1m coins, mostly during 2009 when there were few other miners and difficulty was 1. But his coins were not pre-mined.

Incidentally, none of the coins suspected of being Satoshi's have ever been spent. IMO, it's unlikely they ever will be.
Activity: 392
Merit: 116
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
I he did he deserved it.

It's questionable whether or not he deserved it and whether or not it was for the good of Bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I he did he deserved it he made one of the greatest contributions to the human race and freedom. He reminds me of Tesla who tried to give free unlimited energy , communication and more to the human race just to get crushed by evil greedy bustards. Satoshi was smart to work underground. Maybe we are lucky he lives a long life and one day before he departs us give us some words of wisdom but if he doesn't what he left is amazing and give me hope to live life and know there is hope for real freedom!

so if he premind who cares, make your coin and don't premine it if that bothers you he gave you the way, so don't worry about it.

I didn't ask if it was bad or good or if he deserved it or not, I asked if it happened.

I need more time to formulate my opinion on the issue (although I am currently leaning towards "yes he deserved it"); but discussing this is not the purpose of this thread.

Different people are of different opinion on the matter, and it becomes especially pertitent for altcoins which make little to no changes. It would be great if we could compile a list of premining info for each coin so people can make their own decisions. Was litecoin premined? doge? nxt? frei? etc.
Actually, how could I got about finding out this info myself?
Activity: 151
I he did he deserved it he made one of the greatest contributions to the human race and freedom. He reminds me of Tesla who tried to give free unlimited energy , communication and more to the human race just to get crushed by evil greedy bustards. Satoshi was smart to work underground. Maybe we are lucky he lives a long life and one day before he departs us give us some words of wisdom but if he doesn't what he left is amazing and give me hope to live life and know there is hope for real freedom!

so if he premind who cares, make your coin and don't premine it if that bothers you he gave you the way, so don't worry about it.

Back to The question.... (He didn't ask your opinion)
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects

Activity: 196
Which altcoins are premined (and which aren't)?

Also, I had heard that satoshi premined 1 million coins before releasing bitcoin to the public. Is it true about satoshi?
Pages:
Jump to: