Pages:
Author

Topic: Which crypto companies will overtake Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and Google? - page 3. (Read 525 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 1
I think no-one can surpass Google, but everything is possible.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
Thats not possible for sure. These companies have been established four to five decades ago and has taken huge hard work to achieve the position at which they are toady. I guess with the time they have also developed themselves with keen attention over the details and what the world needs. Only these changes that they have made so for has gotten themselves into the position that they are in today. Without this no business or entity out there can grow so fast and so vast really. How many people does even know about the crypto currency with full fledge ? May be very less % of people on the earth knows about it fully. So its hard to say that they will even dethrone the Amazon, apple etc.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
Um. I hate to be negative. The concept of amazon, apple, microsoft or google being dethroned by crypto alt products seems unlikely if not impossible.

Start with microsoft whose flagship product is windows operating system. Try to imagine a scenario where Windows 10 is made obsolete by an operating system based on blockchain. Its not a scenario which easily fits into the fabric of the space time continuum.

Try apple next. How likely are ipads, iphones, macs or other apple products to be replaced by hardware or software utilizing a blockchain? Eh. Probably. Never.

If you want a scenario where bitcoin or crypto might thrive, it might be better to look at the limitations of fiat money or banks as institutions--things that actually do compete with bitcoin/crypto for market share, if to an extremely limited degree.

I agree with you man. This is just impossible to happen because crypto currencies are not really having that much use as the real world products are having. The real market trends created by products and services that are actually existing and getting used by the people for day to day life. Now all the ventures that you have listed up there are the biggest in what they are doing. They have a business model which is now has become fail proof because of many reasons. One of the valid reason is, they are playing monopoly in the market and virtually forcing people to use their own products and services. This way they are keeping their customers attached forever.
I see no or zero engagement like this in the crypto currency market.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
Well we will never know what will happen in the next ten years but most probably it will happen as blockchain is the future. However if these companies will adapt change and crypto for sure they will not be dethroned.

Let me give an example which is nokia, they didn't change their concept as competitors changed to touch screen phones so what happened? I think all of you know what it is. So in any industry if you will stick to one action plan nothing will happen.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Um. I hate to be negative. The concept of amazon, apple, microsoft or google being dethroned by crypto alt products seems unlikely if not impossible.

Start with microsoft whose flagship product is windows operating system. Try to imagine a scenario where Windows 10 is made obsolete by an operating system based on blockchain. Its not a scenario which easily fits into the fabric of the space time continuum.

Try apple next. How likely are ipads, iphones, macs or other apple products to be replaced by hardware or software utilizing a blockchain? Eh. Probably. Never.

If you want a scenario where bitcoin or crypto might thrive, it might be better to look at the limitations of fiat money or banks as institutions--things that actually do compete with bitcoin/crypto for market share, if to an extremely limited degree.
Activity: 105
Merit: 4
The economist George Gilder believes the four biggest corporations (Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Google) will be replaced by "cryptocosmic" companies.

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/10/21/leading-economist-says-current-financial-system-is-ending-introduces-bitcoin-ethereum-and-vitalik-buterin-to-the-mainstream/

"Tell, ten years ago the biggest corporations in the world by market cap were Exxon, Walmart, the Petroleum Bank, China Petroleum and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. Ten years later, the top four companies in the world are Apple, Amazon, Google and Microsoft by market cap. I mean, who would have predicted that? And I believe that in the next ten years, there will be a similar turnover, and there will be cryptocosmic companies who will dominate the list of the top market caps in the world.”

Who do you think they will be, and which industries will they dominate?
Pages:
Jump to: