Pages:
Author

Topic: Which currency do you prefer to use for BTC/LTC/ETH transactions? - page 3. (Read 425 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Instead Litecoin does not charge you almost no fees and it is very comfortable to use although it is quite slow.
For me, it's preferable to use coins based on cheaper networks when conducting small to medium transactions to save on fees. There's no need to lose a few dollars on a network with high fees when I can do the same with much lower costs on other networks and currencies. Indeed, Litecoin is suitable in terms of fee cost and transaction speed within its network, but not as slow as you mentioned. Mining a Litecoin block is faster than Bitcoin, taking only two and a half minutes to confirm a transaction. Also, the quickest and cheapest option is BNB, as the BSC network has minimal fees and a block time of no more than 5 seconds. Bitcoin and Ethereum can be used when the transaction amount is significant, as there is a slim chance of reducing transaction values and significant price volatility occurs, similar to other currencies.

You cannot use a network only because it has lower transaction fees because if your counterparty cannot easily convert it to other currencies, they will not accept it. SOL has one of the cheapest transaction fees out there, but outside its ecosystem in the real world, it doesn't have that much acceptability. Even HBAR charges a fixed fees for all transactions, no matter how congested their network is. This type of model well fitted for daily transaction but you can not use it for that purpose because no one will accept it outside of an exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1485
Instead Litecoin does not charge you almost no fees and it is very comfortable to use although it is quite slow.
For me, it's preferable to use coins based on cheaper networks when conducting small to medium transactions to save on fees. There's no need to lose a few dollars on a network with high fees when I can do the same with much lower costs on other networks and currencies. Indeed, Litecoin is suitable in terms of fee cost and transaction speed within its network, but not as slow as you mentioned. Mining a Litecoin block is faster than Bitcoin, taking only two and a half minutes to confirm a transaction. Also, the quickest and cheapest option is BNB, as the BSC network has minimal fees and a block time of no more than 5 seconds. Bitcoin and Ethereum can be used when the transaction amount is significant, as there is a slim chance of reducing transaction values and significant price volatility occurs, similar to other currencies.

i haven't seen any merchant accepting LTC actually but the majority accepts BTC, ETH and stablecoin. but to be completely able to make transactions, it is convenient to use BTC, it's the first option the shops want.

it's not about what you prefer, but its what the other end wants also. so if they want stablecoin especially when they see the price of BTC gonna dump soon, they will prefer to accept USDT.

Its not always about acceptance if you are talking about daily transactions. If you want to buy a coffee with BTC then i think you don't want to pay 20$ gas fees for 30$ worth of coffee. That is not worth it and LTC has been used in some online marketplaces but it is not as popular as bitcoin. Non-crypto guys might know about bitcoin and most of them are unaware of the existence of coins like litcoin, bitcoin cash etc. Stable coin is very popular in some countries where inflation is super high but it is still not that popular in the west where people have no reason to use the crypto version of their fiat currency.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

i haven't seen any merchant accepting LTC actually but the majority accepts BTC, ETH and stablecoin. but to be completely able to make transactions, it is convenient to use BTC, it's the first option the shops want.

it's not about what you prefer, but its what the other end wants also. so if they want stablecoin especially when they see the price of BTC gonna dump soon, they will prefer to accept USDT.
Activity: 350
Merit: 116
I don't have a personal preference for a specific currency to use in transactions. As far as I know BTC, LTC, ETH are among the best coins in the market, the best coins to trade in the market. These coins usually have fast transaction times, low fees and wide acceptance. BTC, ETH is widely accepted and commonly used for transactions, although it has slower transaction times and higher fees than other currencies. However, LTC is known for its fast transaction times and low fees, making it a popular choice for transactions. However, use cases and preferences are personal when choosing a currency for transactions.
The one that has the lowest transaction fees and is widely acceptable. Right now bitcoin and ETH have insane fees even if you want to transfer 100$. So right now its not worth using those networks for small transactions. On the other hand LTC is giving much lower gas prices for transactions, so i am surely going to use that network from those three. If i can i will use solana or ETH's Layer 2 network as those will have much lower transaction fees as well. But for long term holding bitcoin and ETH is the best choice till now.
Activity: 1121
Merit: 100
The transactions fee of btc and eth are very high and it is not good for trader. I almost avoid the btc and eth for transaction. I use under low rated coins like as tron which transactions fee are very low. I buy litcoin but never transaction. I think that everyone avoids btc or eth because of its high gas fee or transaction fee.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
IMO, depends on the size amount you are sent.

I prefer bitcoin, If I send a huge amount money because have more liquidity and minimizes the volatility % gap crypto movement. If you care about fee then you will be choose (LTC/ETH).

So, It's just depends on what you need during transaction.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
In 2023 you're far better off just using stablecoins(USDC/USDT) on Tron or Solana. Back in the day LTC and XRP is the way to go because it's cheaper and it's faster, but now that stablecoins exist there's no reason to not use them.

Also, Ethereum is pretty expensive.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Hi, I have been using cryptocurrencies for about a year now where I usually do transactions from time to time in this period of time I have only used Bitcoin and Litecoin, I have seen quite a few people using Ethereum as well and I wanted to know what do you guys use to receive or send money with cryptos. I usually prefer to use Litecoin because it has almost no fees, in Bitcoin for small transactions of just a few dollars $5-$10 they can charge you up to $2 fees or a few months ago when it was broken they charged you $8 fees or more it was crazy, instead Litecoin does not charge you almost no fees and it is very comfortable to use although it is quite slow. And about Ethereum I have seen a lot of people using it but I don't know how the fees and speed are.

Best regards!

Fees required to Bitcoin transactions is not charged by anyone but you the one sets the fee depends on your priority and it constantly varies depending on the mempool situation.

Over the last couple of months, the Bitcoin network is highly congested because brc20 tokens spam the network and users are ready to pay huge transactions making Bitcoin is not practical to use temporarily. LN is an option where you can send and receive BTC for pennies but its recommended only for advanced users.

So if LTC works for you then better use it until the BTC network is back to normal.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 215
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hi, I have been using cryptocurrencies for about a year now where I usually do transactions from time to time in this period of time I have only used Bitcoin and Litecoin, I have seen quite a few people using Ethereum as well and I wanted to know what do you guys use to receive or send money with cryptos. I usually prefer to use Litecoin because it has almost no fees, in Bitcoin for small transactions of just a few dollars $5-$10 they can charge you up to $2 fees or a few months ago when it was broken they charged you $8 fees or more it was crazy, instead Litecoin does not charge you almost no fees and it is very comfortable to use although it is quite slow. And about Ethereum I have seen a lot of people using it but I don't know how the fees and speed are.

Best regards!
Have no in particular but mostly I prefer bitcoin , but in season like now? yeah I prefer altcoins such as Litecoin or  other coins that has cheaper fees , like dogecoin or sometimes even Ripple .
dogecoin is almost similar with litecoin , that has cheapest fees to use.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202

Best regards!
Have been using ripple(XRP) as long as it is available because there are exchange that does
not support this because of the recent issues they face but Idon't know if it accepted again these days .

You have using a good coin in form of Litecoin but you can add Ripple in your options .

Ethereum on the other hands are mostly like Bitcoin that when there is a Hype, the network
got congested and I experienced in Ethereum one time in which the highest Fee I ever paid that I never
experienced in Bitcoin since then.
Activity: 2
Merit: 5

Best regards!
Pages:
Jump to: