Pages:
Author

Topic: Which hardware have i to buy to start mining? - page 2. (Read 4924 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
could always buy my bfl preorder Tongue

Nobody wants your effing preorder. Every post I read your advertising it. Just stop!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Could always buy a bfl preorder and jump the line.IF you trust the buyer of course.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
Have a mining rig
With the big jumps in difficulty over the next 3 months (yes, the ASIC's are now real and coming online), I would recommend either an 'in-hand' sale of 13 GH/s block erupter (at the right price) or ordering a kncminer saturn or jupiter (ships in September and based on 28NM chip). Of course, pay with credit card / Paypal for buyer protection as the product itself doesn't exist yet. I've taken a 'risk spreading' approach, exchanging fiat for some bitcoin, building mining rigs which can also mine Litecoin (see http://www.coinminingrigs.com) and pre-ordering from several vendors. So far, the GPU mining and fiat exchanging has been the most profitable at about 30% ROI each on initial investment amount in 3 months time. Hope that helps your decision. And as always, never invest what you can't afford to lose.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Buy some ASICMINER mining hardware.  Its shipped at the moment.

Where to buy it?
Do you have a link?

What exactly does it influence the difficulty?

If a buy a BFL miner or any other, if this try will fail with Bitcoin, could i use the same miner for mine minor coins?

This is the official thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-blade-sales-temporarily-out-of-stock-204030
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Where to buy it?
Do you have a link?

If a buy a BFL miner or any other, if this try will fail with Bitcoin, could i use the same miner for mine minor coins?

Unfortunately it's not quite simple at all to buy an ASIC miner currently.  This should become easier over the next 2-3 months as supplies increase and from more than one company reliably.

If you do want to invest in ASICMINER, my advice is to at least consider the actual stock as opposed to the USB miner.
legendary
Activity: 883
Merit: 1005
The different level is 15.6 million now, a jump of 28% from the previous one.

And the next jump will be about +33%

What if all the new hashing power is not from ASICs but from chines GPU miners?

edit: majority. What if the majority is from Chines gpu miners coming online for the first time. Whats going to happen if they enter the race with ASIC in the coming months? we could see a jump up to 40 - 80 million
Activity: 1246
Merit: 810

Where to buy it?
Do you have a link?

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Activity: 448

And the next jump will be about +33%
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Activity: 21
to up hashrate look - myminer.info
Activity: 448
What about buying Butterfly miner (800 MHash/s) on eBay?
Their prices are about 1000-1500 USD but in this case i will get it in few days!

I used this calculator http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php and it should be profitable.

What do you think?
800mh/s will NOT be profitable when the difficulty doubles very soon.

Have you tried that link? Even the difficulty grows it is still profitable...
Please have a look and let me know what you think about my idea.

Thank you.

simpic, please dont forget to try the diff increase at 40%. the diff will jump round about 25% the next days, it will be more than 40% up in total within less 4 weeks timespan.

EDIT: and as no one can know for sure the future btc/usd value, you should consider all mining investments as BTC to BTC investments.
Their prices are about 1000-1500 USD but in this case i will get it in few days!

I used this calculator http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php and it should be profitable.

What do you think?

Have you tried that link? Even the difficulty grows it is still profitable...
Please have a look and let me know what you think about my idea.

Thank you.
Activity: 308
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
I am also watching out for ASIC availability, but nothing is really there yet.  I would suggest you either save more cash and wait for a good company to start putting out ASICs (which others have said could be a long wait and/or questionably profitable with difficulty rising)  or just go with a GPU.  Yes a GPU will cost more in electricity to run, but it is still profitable, it is available, it can do scrypt coins, and it will have resale value if/when you can't mine with it anymore.
Activity: 434
a HD7870 has a maximum TDP of 210W, so while your GPGPU bit-coining probably wont hit more than 85% loading.
Activity: 14
Buy a bfl preorder and jump the huge line.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time

What do you think?

What do you think?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
no fpga can mine script  Cry
Thank you for your reply!
...what about do the same (buying any FPGA) for mining alternative coins?
Could this be more convenient?
Pages:
Jump to: