Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Hardware Wallet is The Best? 2017 - page 3. (Read 5059 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
As many of you I use Trezor wallet. In the most beginning I used only online wallet, but since my bitcoin earnings became bigger I decided to use hardware wallet to feel safe about my money. The same as you are I just asked on the forum and many users suggested Trezor.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
I don't have hardware wallets and i think hardware wallets are just same with paper wallet because you are storing your bitcoins there and either of two is safe for you to save bitcoins because they are very hard to hack by the hacker because in paper wallet it is offline so there is no chance to worry about getting hacked which is the safest wallet that i've got.

No they are not the same.
The hardware wallets can be restored if they are lost or stolen, and paper wallets can't be restored.

Plus according to John McAfee
No online wallet or mobile wallet, or wallet that used a computer is secure.

You need to watch this.
It is eye opening.

https://youtu.be/wEWAVFOhq5w
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
I like Case wallet. Next to that old style paper wallets work just fine.  Or go on the cheap and use multiple NANO's.
Activity: 26
Does this ledger or nano wallet has a mobile version? Because i really am always on the go and currently my bitcoins were saved on a exchanger site which is really not good in ny opinion.
Ledgers, TREZORs etc tend to be compatible with phones as long as your phone has USB on the go.  You'd just need to take your TREZOR/Ledger and a USB cable when you intend to go out and spend.  They're pretty small so it shouldn't be a problem.

learned another new thing - usb otg! sadly my phone not compatible   Sad

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
With BTC price is go up every day I was thinking that would be smart to invest in hardware wallet and secure my coins in the best possible way.From what I saw hardware wallets do not support importing of private keys or there is a way to do that?

Price for Trezor is now something around 0.06 BTC including sending,only thing which can increase total price is tax,from where is package sends?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
I gravitated to Trezor because it allows me to have "unlimited" hidden wallets without having to reset or use different SEED to do so.  I especially like the idea of having a decoy wallet with a few BTC on it in case I am ever forced to disclose/open a wallet.  There is NO indication any hidden wallets exist.  Plus it works flawlessly!

I have trezor and didn't know about hiddent wallets!

Also good for U2F to secure important email etc

Read the Trezor user manual or Ledger Nano S FAQ to get the most out of your hardware wallet.
Activity: 546
Does this ledger or nano wallet has a mobile version? Because i really am always on the go and currently my bitcoins were saved on a exchanger site which is really not good in ny opinion.
Ledgers, TREZORs etc tend to be compatible with phones as long as your phone has USB on the go.  You'd just need to take your TREZOR/Ledger and a USB cable when you intend to go out and spend.  They're pretty small so it shouldn't be a problem.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Read review (https://99bitcoins.com/best-bitcoin-wallet-2015-bitcoin-wallets-comparison-review/) and decide yourself. i personally own the cheapest hardware wallet - ledger hw.1. soon i'm going to order ledger nano s.  Smiley
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
I don't have hardware wallets and i think hardware wallets are just same with paper wallet because you are storing your bitcoins there and either of two is safe for you to save bitcoins because they are very hard to hack by the hacker because in paper wallet it is offline so there is no chance to worry about getting hacked which is the safest wallet that i've got.
Activity: 658
You can choose ledger wallet . The Ledger Wallet Nano is a relatively affordable bitcoin hardware wallet with high security
Activity: 26
I gravitated to Trezor because it allows me to have "unlimited" hidden wallets without having to reset or use different SEED to do so.  I especially like the idea of having a decoy wallet with a few BTC on it in case I am ever forced to disclose/open a wallet.  There is NO indication any hidden wallets exist.  Plus it works flawlessly!

I have trezor and didn't know about hiddent wallets!

Also good for U2F to secure important email etc
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
I think from that reddit thread i posted above.
That there is very little between the nano s and the trezor.

I think its a bit like swings and roundabouts but i can.
Buy the nano s for 20 quid less!
legendary
Either a Trezor or Ledger Nano S will serve you well. If you like to carry your hardware wallet with you the Nano S will fit on a keyring and is proven tough. It takes two hands to push the buttons on a Nano S while you can use a Trezor with one hand. Personal preference I have and use both.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
I will still choose trezor over those new hardware wallets because trezor already build a good reputation to the bitcoin users from different part of the country so it is enough for me to trust trezor over the rest of the hardware wallets and most of the big companies also is partnered or using trezor so it is safer for me.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
Trezor is definitely the best and I'm not sure if there are any truly comparable alternatives for what you're looking to do if security is a priority.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
To me it is still the good old paper wallet + BIP0038. I can make many copies and keep them safe at a number of locations.
legendary
Activity: 3463
Merit: 4429
Trezor all the way.
legendary

If you use an Android phone you can use Mycelium wallet. The Nano S connects to your phone with a short OTG cable and signs bitcoin transactions.
Activity: 19
I'm relatively new to BTC and i like the Exodus wallet a lot because it has simple buttons and functions. It will hold REP, BTC, Dash, Doge, GNT, and LTC and they are soon to add DCR. With a few clicks you can trade any of these on ShapeShift right within the wallet. There's fees for trading, but that's okay for myself because I don't have the time or patience to do it otherwise.   
Activity: 910
Pages:
Jump to: