Pages:
Author

Topic: Which Historical figure do you most admire and why? - page 2. (Read 5468 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 253
Sathosi - why? No answer needed  Tongue

Touché Tongue
And an honourable mention to Sunny King.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Sathosi - why? No answer needed  Tongue
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
einstein's story is pretty interesting. he was considered an outsider by the whole physics/theoretical physics community, which is probably what helped him make his discoveries; because sometimes conventional wisdom falls into a lull and restricts itself. i like the fact that he was an independent thinking outsider.

Who can believe that the person who was denied a Teacher's job proposed something that is now taught worldwide.
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
I had to pick on the spot I'd say George Washington.  From what I know about him he seems like a decent guy and I can respect that.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
einstein's story is pretty interesting. he was considered an outsider by the whole physics/theoretical physics community, which is probably what helped him make his discoveries; because sometimes conventional wisdom falls into a lull and restricts itself. i like the fact that he was an independent thinking outsider.
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
I  like Leonardo Da Vinci , he was genius at everything he did. He was a scientist , sculptor , architect , mathematician , geologist and much more .

+1
Also Galileo, and all of the past's scientists who had the courage to rebel against an overpowered irrational entithy for the noble cause of reason.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Jesus. He could heal people and he is our savior  Grin
Merit: 251
I think everybody from history - good or bad - is worth saying 'Hey, they're important'. Because they changed the world in different ways. Yes, I know what Adolf Hitler, Stalin, and what Columbus did was terrible. But they still changed the world. Like now we know not to allow genocide, and how discovering new things could kill people.
your right and this is how I think if no one did these things and they didn't happen who
I really think the same. If none of this happened who knows where we'd be at now

Merit: 250
i just read einstein's biography. he's my favorite; not only because of his non-conformist attitude that helped him make great discoveries, but also because he was an interesting individual who actually cared about human society. he was a bit naive to push for a world government, as that wouldn't solve anything, but he admitted that it was a long shot.

I think the biggest historical figure I wish I would have met had to be Steve jobs. The dude was a genius and I loved the way he thought . Plus he smoked herb n took acid

while i think he is interesting, i don't like him much. i read his biography and he came off as a self-interested prick. i also don't like the way he ran apple.
Activity: 644
I think everybody from history - good or bad - is worth saying 'Hey, they're important'. Because they changed the world in different ways. Yes, I know what Adolf Hitler, Stalin, and what Columbus did was terrible. But they still changed the world. Like now we know not to allow genocide, and how discovering new things could kill people.
Merit: 251
I think the biggest historical figure I wish I would have met had to be Steve jobs. The dude was a genius and I loved the way he thought . Plus he smoked herb n took acid
Activity: 770
I  like Leonardo Da Vinci , he was genius at everything he did. He was a scientist , sculptor , architect , mathematician , geologist and much more .
Pages:
Jump to: