Pages:
Author

Topic: Which investment is a safe haven Gold or Bitcoin? - page 6. (Read 1001 times)

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
In fact, Bitcoin still has a long way to go in order to catch gold in terms of history, price stability, and accessibility.

History- it's never going to catch up. Gold has been used for trading for thousands of years. Even if we compare that gold had an ETH long time ago BTC is nowhere near catching up.
Gold is always going to look better historically.

Price stability - it's mostly about the size of the market. Bitcoin is still tiny. We'll start comparing in 10 years because I believe it will catch up in capitulation and become much more stable.

Bitcoin is already as accessible as gold if not more. You can buy it anywhere in the world even in ATMs.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Your opinion makes so much sense in case your investment is huge and want to avoid stress. However diversity is needed , that's why invest a little bit in Bitcoin for larger returns .
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
the topic has been talked about too many times in this forum and people in the previous thread just like this one will pick what they think is better and the discussion will never end and In the end, the thread will only have endless debates whether wich is better than the two.
Activity: 131
Merit: 4
For a longer investment, i will go with Gold, Bitcoin have recorded more than 100% rise and drop in price in a short period of time which can be really frustrating depending on the period of time the investment is meant for.
Basically, For Price Stability: Gold
For more income/Risk: Bitcoin
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
I will choose bitcoin ahead of gold. The reason is because bitcoin is new age technology and therefore has the advantage of higher growth because of usage. And recently, bitcoin has not dropped in price till now despite the global health problems.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
In my opinion, I think we should not expect investors to easily consider Bitcoin as an alternative investment to high-status assets such as gold and commodities. In fact, Bitcoin still has a long way to go in order to catch gold in terms of history, price stability, and accessibility. So, a word of caution is warranted here. The status of Bitcoin in the international financial market
is far from being solved, despite the launch of the Bitcoin futures contracts by the CME and CBOE in December 2017, which added some legitimacy to Bitcoin and may ultimately help manage its price volatility.

I can see investors and traders now have strong empirical evidence that Bitcoin has some of the virtues of gold and commodities against extreme down movements in the world stock market index. However, stock investors in developed markets have no choice other than gold as a safe haven asset ( as we have seen recently during the crash of March when investors turned into gold), given that Bitcoin fails to offer such a property. Interestingly, Chinese investors can consider Bitcoin as
a safe-haven asset despite the restrictions taken by the Chinese government against Bitcoin exchanges and trading activities.

Please tell me when do you think Bitcoin will replace Gold as a safe haven and why?
Pages:
Jump to: