Pages:
Author

Topic: Which is the best wallet to store bitcoin. - page 4. (Read 1338 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
December 03, 2017, 02:16:51 PM
Hello i have recently bought some bitcoin and litecoin and was wandering what wallet or method is the best to store it in. (From the UK if that helps)

Thanks.

many safe methods to save assets cryptocurrency, you can use wallets altcoin to save ltc or btc assets, look at xcp, waves  if you want save assets with altcoin , or with some dev wallets have trust safetly,and avoid phishing websites or malware indications.
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
December 03, 2017, 02:05:18 PM
I would suggest you use a hardware wallet - it depends on how much BTC you are trying to store. For larger amounts - Hardware
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 02:04:24 PM
If you want to store only bitcoin, you have multiple choices but the most secure it's to have a hard disk wallet (downloading a hard wallet on your computer), but in case of crashdown of the value of bitcoin, you can't do anything...quickly.
So it depends to you if you want to Trade fast your bitcoin, you have to keep it on an exchange (Bitfinex the best for me)!

Hope i ve been helpful  Wink
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
December 03, 2017, 01:52:00 PM
You could use Electrum wallet.I had been using it for the past two years and its very user friendly.Bitcoins remain secured in it.We could set the transaction fee too manually in this wallet.

But it should be downloaded from the official website Electrum.org instead of fake websites.Otherwise,our bitcoins could get compromised.
Activity: 32
Merit: 3
December 03, 2017, 01:49:08 PM
Hello i have recently bought some bitcoin and litecoin and was wandering what wallet or method is the best to store it in. (From the UK if that helps)

Thanks.
Try Blockchain Wallet, in my experience, blockchain wallet is the best wallet so far with more transaction speed. you don't have to wait long enough for your bitcoin transactions. Although, it does not provide the facility to covert your bitcoins into flat money. But it has more information on bitcoin price fluctuation.
Activity: 214
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 01:47:08 PM
As others have mentioned, your safest option is to get yourself a hardware wallet. I personally use the Ledger Nano S & highly recommend it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
December 03, 2017, 01:44:08 PM
Best Bitcoin hardware wallets and The three most popular and are:
1. Ledger Nano S
2. KeepKey
3. Trezor

Easiest way to securely store bitcoins, easy to backup and secure, less margin for error, setup is easy even for less technical users.
Activity: 196
December 03, 2017, 01:31:24 PM
I think the best wallet to store bitcoin is blockchain.It is the safest wallet to keep your bitcoin safe.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
December 03, 2017, 11:29:47 AM
The best wallet to store Bitcoin is coldstorage wallet like trezor or ledger nano s. It's the safest wallet to keep you Bitcoin, nobody can steal you Bitcoin inside this wallet. But it'll be bad if you lose the wallet USB stick. LOL. Beside the price of this wallet is a little bit high, about more than 100$ for each one so if you don't want to spend this much money to buy a coldstorage wallet I think you can use Electrum wallet, it's also a good one, very secure and totally free.
Activity: 348
Merit: 100
December 03, 2017, 11:21:05 AM
There are different types of wallets that is desktop,mobile,online,hardware and paper wallets.Desktop wallet may not be practical and confusing.Mobile wallets keeps only a small amount of bitcoins.Online wallets are easier and faster but hackers can steal bitcoins .Hardware wallet are user friendly it gives complete control for the users itself. Paper wallets if lost we cannot recover it.
Activity: 140
December 03, 2017, 10:08:08 AM
I can't say much about ledger. I use Trezor and can 100% recommend it. It's a beautiful piece of hardware. Well designed with an engineer feel to it. You can use it safely with any android phone with, for example, Mycelium wallet app, and make transactions wherever you are. On the software side, Trezor is outstanding as well. They provided bitcoin cash splitting tool very fast. They were first to implement segwit address support. Tremendous. Plus, any potential bugs reported by the community are fixed quickly. I couldn't be happier with this device.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
December 03, 2017, 10:01:51 AM

Thanks.
Regardless of what you choose try to stay away from Coinbase. I personally use Electrum, and a lot of people have agreed that it's one of the better wallets out there -- they've supported the major forks (to an extent at least with electrum cash), but Coinbase is just too steep with the fees. Try to avoid that because it gets in the way with trying to exchange crypto into fiat.
Yes, Coinbase is a good bitcoin and litecoin wallet that many people are using more especially if you are from U.S and U.K.
But if you want to save your bitcoin in the most secure way away from hackers or anyone, you might try offline wallet such as Ledger or Trezor wallet.
Activity: 104
Bitcoin|||Altscoin
December 03, 2017, 09:15:24 AM
I know many hate Coinbase now after the recent news about account holders information sent Irs,
But I like coinbase because of easy to use exchange and wallet service, you can save altcoin to it also,
buy and sell of bitcoin is good but not the best in the market
Activity: 112
December 03, 2017, 08:55:14 AM
Hardware wallets are the best ones in my opinion. They never expose your privates keys to the computer so you can use your hardware wallet even on an infected PC (assuming that your wallet has a screen which will allow you to check if the receiving address hasn't changed). Paper wallets are also a good choice but you would have to create a separate one for each cryptocurrency. Most of the hardware wallets allow you to store multiple cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
December 03, 2017, 08:54:51 AM
For me myetherwallet and coins.ph.

Same here, I used myethereum wallet and coins.ph too. Having this two makes me comfortable and easier to use, especially coins.ph having many features that only intended here in my country which can pay via online transactions like paying electric bill, water bill and insurance establishments. I know there are several kind of wallet that can store bitcoin as long as can be trusted, good service and high quality of security.
Activity: 2
December 03, 2017, 08:48:34 AM
See there are many wallets that r doing well bt i think offline wallets are more easy to use .....or you can use the paper wallets...depending on your need...
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
December 03, 2017, 08:45:29 AM

Thanks.
If you want a wallet that has a high level of security then I suggest to use Wallet that has private key feature, it will help you if you have a problem someday your wallet. I suggest to use Electrum because the wallet is offline and can be stored on the computer. But if you want a wallet that can be used anytime to support mobility then blockchain is the wisest choice.
Activity: 210
Merit: 108
December 03, 2017, 08:44:02 AM
For me the best wallet will depend on the place where you live like in my country which is Philippines I think coins.ph is a good wallet aside from the fact that it is safe it also offers a lot of services and the good  thing is that it doesn't have transaction fee. But if you are planning to hold your bitcoin for a long period of time you can have the paper wallet or also known as offline wallet.
Activity: 552
Merit: 102
December 03, 2017, 08:39:36 AM
I didn't prefer you the best and secured but I can inform you the best wallet what I use.  I am not experienced on technical issue. I use coinbase wallet.I use it from many days. I didn't got any occurred in this time. I never see anyone to say complain on it.  So that it is best I think.  So I can prefer you to use it. You may try hope will be the best to you as well.
Activity: 47
December 03, 2017, 08:20:29 AM
I'd go for a hardware wallet, the ledger has more coins but the Trezor UI is better.
Pages:
Jump to: