Pages:
Author

Topic: Which programming language to choose? - page 2. (Read 555 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 7
November 27, 2021, 10:09:06 AM
I mean I am a complete newbie in programming and coding, not really in the cryptocurrency. Not too experienced, but not a newbie, I probably did not understand your question haha.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
November 27, 2021, 09:55:14 AM
I am a newbie, even worse than that, I have 0 experience.
Okay, then pick one of the links I quoted above and start reading. It's valuable, free, perfectly-formulated information.

However, I want to learn it to benefit my financial analyst position (maybe become a developer in the future) and also to better understand the programming behind the cryptocurrency world in general, maybe to start with something and get some skills that in the future could help me to learn to build smart contracts or whatever.
So here's what happened to you. You've drowned to articles that contain fancy words such as smart contracts, non-fungible tokens and decentralized finance that govern in the cryptocurrency industry. There's lot of money behind this; and as much money there is, so much scam as well.

Leave these confusing articles on pending and learn what's bitcoin. Mark my words, you won't regret clearing things up this way.
November 27, 2021, 09:40:23 AM
Thanks for you answer!

I am a newbie, even worse than that, I have 0 experience. Coding for blockchain sounded absurd because I didn't know how to put it haha, I am this new.

However, I want to learn it to benefit my financial analyst position (maybe become a developer in the future) and also to better understand the programming behind the cryptocurrency world in general, maybe to start with something and get some skills that in the future could help me to learn to build smart contracts or whatever.

I would put it like this, the program that is used widely and having the skills of using it would benefit both the blockchain/smart contracts and analysis sides in one  or another way.

I hope it is clear, maybe haha. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
November 27, 2021, 09:33:27 AM
Hi, Mateausas. Can I assume you're a newbie? Why do you want to learn a programming language? Are you interested in contributing to projects, making your own or just use it as tool to your occupation? (e.g., financial analysis)

Python is a relatively simple language to start with, and I'd surely recommend it to someone who has never used another programming language before.

Coding for blockchain sounds absurd. If you tell us what you want to achieve, you may be assisted properly.

In case you don't know much about bitcoin, I'm quoting one of my recent posts that contains useful links;
November 27, 2021, 07:41:07 AM
Good day everyone!

I am thinking to start learning some programming/coding language just to better understand what is going on behind blockchain/smart contracts and crypto in general. What is more, coding skills are also useful for financial analysis and this is what I started to do recently.

Some of the choices I have came across: Python, C++, Java, JavaScript, (any other ones?);

Taking into account coding/programming for both blockchain and financial analysis, which you guys could recommend me to start learning and why? Which one is the best for a beginner with very low technical skills and no coding skills? Could I start with one of them and later start using other one or the transition between these could be difficult?

Really appreciate the help! Cheers! Cool

Matas
Pages:
Jump to: