Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet do you store the majority of your BTC in? - page 2. (Read 3689 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I use MultiBit.  Seems great so far, but I would definitely switch to offline if/when I gain more coin. 
Activity: 61
Paper wallet Smiley I have the rest on exchanges, physical bitcoins, and electrum.

I plan on moving some to an offline armory wallet but i'm comfortable with this for now.  Smiley
Activity: 98
well informed post Danny, for that reason people do not use blockchain and just store their bitcoins safely on an offline storage.
it is the safest way because no matter what happens you will have your bitcoin with you. If the site gets shut down you dont lose anything
and that is something i really like knowing that is safe.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
The poll is missing some common choices:

• Electrum
  • blockchain.info (which is a "hybrid" wallet)
  • Exchange such as MtGox, Coinbase, BTC-E, BitStamp, etc ( I suppose this could be considered a "web wallet")
Yeah I forgot about electrum so just added it.  I would consider blockchain.info an online web wallet as well even if it's hybrid.

If you consider blockchain.info a "web wallet", then you should probably have a separate entry in the poll for "Unregulated, Uninsured, Unaudited, bitcoin bank account" (i.e. MtGox, Coinbase, BitStamp, BTC-E, localbitcoins, etc).  There is a significant difference between those types of "accounts" and a web "wallet" such as blockchain.info.  With blockchain.info (like with any other bitcoin "wallet") the user has access to their private keys.  They can back them up, and they can use them to access the bitcoins even if the website is shut down or seized.  With the "accounts", the user does not have any access to the private keys.  They are essentially donating the bitcoins to the service in exchange for an implied promise from the service to return the bitcoins on request.  If the site disappears or is seized, the bitcoins are permanently lost.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

• Electrum
  • Exchange such as MtGox, Coinbase, BTC-E, BitStamp, etc ( I suppose this could be considered a "web wallet")

Yeah I forgot about electrum so just added it.  I would consider blockchain.info an online web wallet as well even if it's hybrid.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
that dudes who store them ONLINE should think agian.  Roll Eyes

They probably use blockchain.info which is used by a lot of people and has quite a lot of security features.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794

• Electrum
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
that dudes who store them ONLINE should think agian.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Rougly:
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
I would of thought offline storage would of been more popular even at the early stages of the vote.

I see armory has an early lead.  Why do it there instead of qt?  What are the advantages?  I just have it on qt and never had a problem, except that I think the fees are too high.

Have a look at this website which displays all the features of armory. https://bitcoinarmory.com/about/features/
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
I see armory has an early lead.  Why do it there instead of qt?  What are the advantages?  I just have it on qt and never had a problem, except that I think the fees are too high.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Just curious what is the most popular way people are storing their BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: