Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet should be used to keep bitcoin safe? - page 3. (Read 317 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296
Ever since the FTX exchange scam, everyone has been avoiding exchange wallets. I would always suggest using a hardware wallet where funds are supposed to be kept safe.  If there is any problem in using hardware wallet then you can use some mobile wallets with more security. You can use Electrum wallet or Mycelium wallet considering the security aspect. These wallets are very secure so hopefully you can keep your bitcoin safe in these wallets.
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!
You must learn about non-custodial (also called as self-custodial) wallets vs custodial wallets.

Custodial vs. Non Custodial Wallets - "Not your keys, not your coin" Explained.

Avoid storing your bitcoins on exchanges. Reminder: do not keep your money in online accounts

You can consider Electrum wallet or Bitcoin Core. Electrum wallet is available for Windows, MacOS, Mobile (Android) and it is light. Bitcoin Core is better but it requires more storage space.

[GUIDE] How to Safely Download and Verify Electrum
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
Welcome to the forum mate. You definitely need to read more about bitcoin because it is not advisable to rely on people’s suggestions only, you can read through here for basic knowledge https://learnmeabitcoin.com/
Trust wallet, mycelium and electrum which of these three wallets is the most secure?
Which wallet would be better than these three wallets?

The electrum wallet is the most secured among the three wallets but the mobile electrum wallet doesn’t have many features like the desktop version. The other mobile wallet I would suggest again is the blue wallet, it is self custodian wallet and also open source. Whereas the trust wallet is not open source and it is not advise to put your funds there

I bought Bitcoin from kucoin, so far it's in kucoin

Take your funds off centralized exchanges, once the key doesn’t belongs to you then the coins aren’t totally yours. So transfer the coins to the electrum wallet on mobile device or import your private key to BlueWallet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 218
I am a newbie in bitcoin form. I invested in Bitcoin a few days ago. I don't understand one thing. I will invest in Bitcoin for the long term. I use a mobile device. Now what wallet do I use to keep my bitcoins safe. I have total three wallets installed on my mobile device.

Trust wallet, mycelium and electrum which of these three wallets is the most secure?
Which wallet would be better than these three wallets?
I bought Bitcoin from kucoin, so far it's in kucoin
Pages:
Jump to: