Pages:
Author

Topic: Which wallet to use - page 2. (Read 281 times)

copper member
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Decentralized Freelancer Community
January 05, 2018, 08:46:56 AM
The best wallet for BTC for new comers is "Electroneum" "blockchainwallet.info" "myceleum" for cold wallet you can try "samurai" I have not tried samurai though.
Activity: 53
January 05, 2018, 08:40:01 AM
Coinomi is a multi-asset wallet that supports every cryptocurrency and token you can dream of.  Using ShapeShift, they allow easy exchanges between any of the supported assets from within the interface. No identity-linking, no IP or transaction tracking, and your IP is even filtered through their servers for added anonymity. Its easy to verify security with their open source ecosystem.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5114
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
January 05, 2018, 08:01:56 AM
top bitcoin wallets
myetherwallet

If you like gamers take a look on enjin coin, they are creating their own wallet

hmm... So your top bitcoin wallet is an online ether wallet... This is wrong on so many levels  Roll Eyes

I have a question, I started using yobit, they give free coin by clicking on a button, its not a lot of coin but it is free. does anyone have experience using their exchange? They have coin I cant get from my other exchanges?

please don't hijack other people's tread to ask unrelated questions... If you have a question, try searching for the answer on an existing thread first, and if you don't find an existing thread: open a new one.

That being said: yobit is more or less legit... Their free coins faucet is usually giving away free crap coins that are worth close to nothing... But once in a while, they give away a coin that gets pumped after a couple of months, and you can actually walk away with some real coins.
Do be carefull when using yobit, they have a habit of lousy customer support, it's been years ago since i intensively used them, but back then it could take them months to answer a user's ticket, and it looks like their support hasn't improved lately. They also have a habit of taking a wallet down for maintenance and then just leave it down for a very long time...
Activity: 495
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 03:30:13 PM
Here is a great introduction to wallets https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0;all.  Use wallets for different purposes.  Online wallets for fast trading, software/desktop wallets are like your checking accounts, and hardware wallets are similar to your savings accounts. 
Activity: 48
January 04, 2018, 02:56:37 PM
I've used Electrum in the past, never had any problems.
If you want your own hard wallet I suggest Trezor or Ledger Nano S
Activity: 1
January 04, 2018, 02:47:06 PM
I have a question, I started using yobit, they give free coin by clicking on a button, its not a lot of coin but it is free. does anyone have experience using their exchange? They have coin I cant get from my other exchanges?
MP4
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 11:18:43 AM
top bitcoin wallets
myetherwallet

If you like gamers take a look on enjin coin, they are creating their own wallet
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
January 04, 2018, 10:34:36 AM
Any wallet on Bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet) which allows full control over funds will be suitable. If you are holding a large amount of coins and won't be accessing them regular then a paper wallet or a private key generated offline would be more suitable.

Wallets which allow full control over funds:
- Bitcoin core
- Bitcoin knots
- Armory
- mSIGNA
- Bither
- Electrum

Depending on your usage some of these wallets will be more suitable than others.
legendary
January 04, 2018, 10:00:56 AM
I was thinking in doing some trading and holding. maybe one day if i join some signature campaign i could use it for that too. I have seen that forum have option for Bitcoin core. So you think it would be best if i use Core... Ok i will go and check it out, it sounds like good choice for anything. Thanks for fast answer.

Good choice, core is a good wallet... Do make sure you have enough diskspace and have some time to sync the blocks... Also, make sure your PC is clean, make sure you use a strong password to lock your wallet, and make sure you take a decent backup (if you use core for a HD wallet, only one backup is needed AFTER you locked your wallet).

hardware wallets are best imho. for trading you can keep your money on well known exchanges by taking security preventions.

no security prevention can protect you against exhange hacks, exchange scams, bancrupcy, insolvency... And even with the necessary precautions, i've seen people falling victim to phising...

Everything depends on the purpose, why you are purse and what kind of activity you will have.
1. If you bought a coin for a long time, then the best is a hard wallet.
2. If you plan to trade with a crypto currency, it's better to have an online wallet.
The harder purse is safer, there is no access to it when you are connected to the network.

I would never recommand an online wallet... If you trade regularly, use a desktop wallet for reasonably small amounts or a hardware wallet for bigger amounts
Activity: 55
January 04, 2018, 09:17:56 AM
Everything depends on the purpose, why you are purse and what kind of activity you will have.
1. If you bought a coin for a long time, then the best is a hard wallet.
2. If you plan to trade with a crypto currency, it's better to have an online wallet.
The harder purse is safer, there is no access to it when you are connected to the network.
Activity: 112
January 04, 2018, 09:04:20 AM
hardware wallets are best imho. for trading you can keep your money on well known exchanges by taking security preventions.
Activity: 7
January 04, 2018, 08:49:31 AM
Hello guys. I just joined this forum and i was wondering... Which walled is best? Can you recommend me some, and tell me your opinion and why you think it is best choice?

Depends on your usecase...

Do you want to buy and HODL, i'd suggest a properly generated paper wallet or a hardware wallet

Do you want to buy a lot of BTC, but use them for day-to-day transactions, i'd suggest a hardware wallet like the ledger or trezor

Do you want to start using BTC, but won't invest a lot of fiat into crypto, you can go for a decent desktop wallet, like bitcoin core or electrum. Core is a bit safer (since you verify all blocks and transactions yourself), but it requires a lot of diskspace and sync time. Electrum is an SPV wallet, it requires very little hardware requirements and only takes a couple of seconds/minutes to sync.

Do you want to get robbed? Go for an online wallet or an exchange... In the longrun, that's your best option to lose everything.

I was thinking in doing some trading and holding. maybe one day if i join some signature campaign i could use it for that too. I have seen that forum have option for Bitcoin core. So you think it would be best if i use Core... Ok i will go and check it out, it sounds like good choice for anything. Thanks for fast answer.
legendary
January 04, 2018, 08:44:10 AM
Hello guys. I just joined this forum and i was wondering... Which walled is best? Can you recommend me some, and tell me your opinion and why you think it is best choice?

Depends on your usecase...

Do you want to buy and HODL, i'd suggest a properly generated paper wallet or a hardware wallet

Do you want to buy a lot of BTC, but use them for day-to-day transactions, i'd suggest a hardware wallet like the ledger or trezor

Do you want to start using BTC, but won't invest a lot of fiat into crypto, you can go for a decent desktop wallet, like bitcoin core or electrum. Core is a bit safer (since you verify all blocks and transactions yourself), but it requires a lot of diskspace and sync time. Electrum is an SPV wallet, it requires very little hardware requirements and only takes a couple of seconds/minutes to sync.

Do you want to get robbed? Go for an online wallet or an exchange... In the longrun, that's your best option to lose everything.
Activity: 7
January 04, 2018, 08:43:13 AM
Hello guys. I just joined this forum and i was wondering... Which walled is best? I was thinking to invest some money, probably into Bitcoin. Can you recommend me some, and tell me your opinion and why you think it is best choice?
Pages:
Jump to: