Pages:
Author

Topic: Whistling sound from the latest batch of S9's - page 2. (Read 464 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Same Nidec fan for mine. From the beginning I thought this horrible noise was not normal. I don't have any other S9 to compare though. I do have an L3+ and a D3 and they are silent compared (even when they rev up i.e. during boot). This piece of shit sounds like a siren.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I have one S9 (January 21-30 2018 batch) and it is equipped with Nidec fans (see my review thread, link in signature space).

Are you guys having these whistle noise issues with the Nidec fans or some other manufacturer fans?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Yes!  They whistle and its maddening.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Anyone else with the Jan batch of S9's notice a distinct whistling sound when the miners are running? I've only noticed this with the latest batch. This is not to be confused with the normal sound of fans spinning.

Yes, multiple of the S9 that I ordered from the Jan batch has this, was curious if I was really unlucky or if it's common
Activity: 112
Merit: 17
Anyone else with the Jan batch of S9's notice a distinct whistling sound when the miners are running? I've only noticed this with the latest batch. This is not to be confused with the normal sound of fans spinning.
Pages:
Jump to: