Pages:
Author

Topic: Who controls the Bitcoins? - page 48. (Read 46426 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 09, 2016, 12:11:01 PM
Who in the world controls the bitcoin? I don't understand where it appeared and how it began to be one of the official currencies?
Who controls the course of Bitcoin?
no one control bitcoin,exchange just control bitcoi price in some country,i believe that. and blockchain control the transaction,maybe Grin
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
February 09, 2016, 12:03:35 PM
Who in the world controls the bitcoin? I don't understand where it appeared and how it began to be one of the official currencies?

There are two small groups that control bitcoin 100%, the miners and the developers. Either can implement whatever changes they want.

Other may argue the "community" could reject these changes but the community really has no power other than voicing their complaints to those two groups.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
February 09, 2016, 11:53:49 AM
The people with the highest consensus controls Bitcoin ... Some says about 75%+ = consensus, so for this debate, let's leave it at that. Anyone can

submit changes to the code, but for that to change permanently you need majority consensus from other people willing to run that code. There are a few

developers with commit access, which was handed down by Satoshi.  Roll Eyes
By 'majority' I think it's safe to call Chinese miners. Without their aproval there won't be any consensus. They dictate rules and prices.
So it is possible to say that bitcoin is influenced by money and steered by mining farms and whales.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 09, 2016, 11:35:12 AM
No one controls bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
February 09, 2016, 11:28:13 AM
The people with the highest consensus controls Bitcoin ... Some says about 75%+ = consensus, so for this debate, let's leave it at that. Anyone can

submit changes to the code, but for that to change permanently you need majority consensus from other people willing to run that code. There are a few

developers with commit access, which was handed down by Satoshi.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
February 09, 2016, 11:20:21 AM
No one controls bitcoins, that is what i like about bitcoins that is it's decentralized nature.
If anyone really controls it than i think they are the Chinese miners which have a great influence on bitcoins.

True that. Noone actually 'controls' Bitcoin. Same goes with any other currency out there you know.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 09, 2016, 09:55:53 AM
No one controls bitcoins, that is what i like about bitcoins that is it's decentralized nature.
If anyone really controls it than i think they are the Chinese miners which have a great influence on bitcoins.
Activity: 434
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 09, 2016, 07:20:26 AM
No one supposed to control it but it seems the large Chinese bitcoin community is having an effect on the price due to their numbers.
Activity: 266
February 09, 2016, 07:19:38 AM
no one can control bitcoin except he'd owning 70% of  bitcoin, and bitcoin is decentralized,when bitcoin started to be announced the price is around $1-$5 if i'm not mistaken, and bitcoin growing up until now

you are correct the price was $1 and above when it started even one story of pizza man is also their, in the mid the price touched $1000 then it came down back to old price and now it is going steadily towards upward, and it a digital online currency, the price is now mostly manipulated by big players who are holding high bitcoin and playing with it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 09, 2016, 05:42:19 AM
there is no control, that's the beauty of bitcoin, well one can argue that merchants and miners control bitcoin, but that is still the best decentralization you can ever get
Activity: 16
February 09, 2016, 05:24:18 AM
I think network of bitcoin who control bitcoin  Roll Eyes
Activity: 243
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 09, 2016, 05:22:54 AM
Bitcoin is decentralized, so basically no one control Bitcoin, but the network.
do a search on google, and you will find more information
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
February 09, 2016, 05:19:14 AM
Who in the world controls the bitcoin?

Everyone that has a private key for an address that received bitcoin can control these specific bitcoin.

I don't understand where it appeared and how it began to be one of the official currencies?

There is nothing official about bitcoin. They are created by an algorithm defined by software people run on their computers and specialized hardware. Over time it became valueable because people declared that it has value to them.

A variety of people have influence, but there is no real control.
Activity: 31
February 09, 2016, 05:15:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: