Pages:
Author

Topic: who has the highest GH for a single machine out there? (GPU Mining) - page 2. (Read 3804 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I suspect you can work around that either by launching multiple X servers each tied to less than 8 gpus, or possibly through virtualization, running multiple  OS instances, but I dont know how far along gpu virtualization is these days.
Activity: 686
and whats with the driver limit?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Probably not what you're expecting but ArtForz has something like 50+ odd FPGAs. I'm not certain he has them on one rig but it is possible.
Not sure why it matters,

7x 5970 would be the the max for an ATX motherboard

Around 5ghs I suppose.

Yeah sounds like you managed to hack the limit that ATI imposed on Linux of 8 GPUs for a system ...

It is either 4 * 5970 or 4 * 7990 OR 8 * 5870 or 8 * 7970 to get maximum hashrate per rig but trust me that 8 * 5870 setup is impossible to do unless you live in Antartica with decent temps.

Wouldn't extenders make this easy?

If you ignore the fact that some machines have BIOS limitations on IRQ ranges and that kind of stuff and also that it really is hard to get Linux to run all 8 cards then good luck.

Been trying to do a 8 * 5870 setup since June last year. Finally gave up and split into two 4 * 5870 rigs now.

I'm no noob but unless you put them in a fridge or something the heat output in that small a space is very hard to cool down.

Well I am a noob but the small amount of time I've been doing this I do know that spacing seems to make all the difference in heat buildup.  
Now software issues are a different thing...

You would also need powered extenders because trying to draw 75 * 8 = 600W through the mobo = recipe for disaster.

You also need a MSI BB Marshall P67 B3 motherboard ( only mobo that has 8 PCIe slots ). I got 2 for sale if you wanna attempt this. I'm in the UK etc.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Not sure why it matters,

Around 5ghs I suppose.

Yeah sounds like you managed to hack the limit that ATI imposed on Linux of 8 GPUs for a system ...

It is either 4 * 5970 or 4 * 7990 OR 8 * 5870 or 8 * 7970 to get maximum hashrate per rig but trust me that 8 * 5870 setup is impossible to do unless you live in Antartica with decent temps.

If you ignore the fact that some machines have BIOS limitations on IRQ ranges and that kind of stuff and also that it really is hard to get Linux to run all 8 cards then good luck.

Been trying to do a 8 * 5870 setup since June last year. Finally gave up and split into two 4 * 5870 rigs now.

I'm no noob but unless you put them in a fridge or something the heat output in that small a space is very hard to cool down.

Well I am a noob but the small amount of time I've been doing this I do know that spacing seems to make all the difference in heat buildup. 
Now software issues are a different thing...
Not sure why it matters,

Around 5ghs I suppose.

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Not sure why it matters,

Around 5ghs I suppose.

Not sure why it matters,

Around 5ghs I suppose.

donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Not sure why it matters,

Around 5ghs I suppose.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I am working on my first dedicated rig right now, which got me thinking, what is the record for a single PC  for MH pr S Stable? and what cards? how many? and what power draw?

anyone know?

Pages:
Jump to: