Pages:
Author

Topic: Who here has made a lot of money from bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 2588 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i don't think anyone not stupid enough, would tell you how much he made, because i'm sure there are feds watching here, they are waiting for thread like this to bust your house

in fact besides the Burt story i remember a member with 200k bitcoin here, and the police entered in his house and confiscate the amount

Do you know how and why? I see no reason for doing that, it's a bit a crazy story. Why would it be forbidden to have entered in btc really early?

probably for tax evasion as already mentioned, i see no other reaosn, keep in mind that 200k bitcoin is a very large amount, i remember it happened when the value increased

probably the guy did used a big portion to buy something that can not go unnoticed
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
i don't think anyone not stupid enough, would tell you how much he made, because i'm sure there are feds watching here, they are waiting for thread like this to bust your house

in fact besides the Burt story i remember a member with 200k bitcoin here, and the police entered in his house and confiscate the amount

Do you know how and why? I see no reason for doing that, it's a bit a crazy story. Why would it be forbidden to have entered in btc really early?

i don't know about the case which Amph is talking about but these things usually happen because of illegal activities such as dark web stuff or big scams, or it can be because of tax evasion or lack of licence for conducting business.
you can find the detailed stories on news sites by searching bitcoin related arrests.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
They say art is expensive. This picture cost me several thousand dollars:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.678841
legendary
I still have yet to obtain as many bitcoins as I had with my first purchase.

So, in essence, I have made no money from bitcoin.

So true it hurts :/
legendary

That would only be a problem if you didn't declare profits as income.

You did declare it right? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
The whales are already making more than that amount by trading.I also think there are people who make something close to that on LBC and actually more from private deals which gets them huge discounts when they cashout in the market.

In which country ?

Do they have to declare these bitcoin profits to the IRS every year in their annual tax revenue?

Only if they cash out.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Lets confirm one thing who made thousands with bitcoin are no longer here.Why to keep a eye into bitcoin developement after get a fortune from it?People are living from bitcoin exchanging a part montly if still hold any bitcoin,sure some keep here to see bitcoin news,but in the end if you rich from bitcoin the max i could do here is just search for news,that i can find at others place read and out to have a life plenty do everything i wanna to do .
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I still have yet to obtain as many bitcoins as I had with my first purchase.

So, in essence, I have made no money from bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
I can think only in 3 ways to do that:

• Being an earlier adopter (for sure)
  • Being a good trader
  • Being a professional scammer LOL

Btw people should not worry to much about it, bitcoin is on an earlier stage yet Wink
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Money from betcoyne, what's a betcoyne? Can you make money with those things officer?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
By that, I mean at least $50000 usd minimum.  Of course that is not a lot if you are in a first world country and thus you aren't rich.

$50,000 not a lot in a first world country? I live in Northern Europe, and that kind of money is also a lot here. Do you have $50,000 lying around somewhere since it is not a lot?
legendary
The whales are already making more than that amount by trading.I also think there are people who make something close to that on LBC and actually more from private deals which gets them huge discounts when they cashout in the market.

In which country ?

it was in the usa, a 2011 thread was telling it, i can't find it right now, but i'm sure many members from that time can remember it easily

This might be what you're looking for: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/burtw-arrested-update-charges-dropped-934268
https://www.virtualcurrencyreport.com/2014/02/two-florida-users-of-localbitcoins-com-arrested-for-money-laundering-and-unlicensed-money-transmission/

no that is burt i'm talking about another guy, and burt did not have 200k coins, but much less, i don't remember now the amount

anyway it's a story form 2011, much older
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Damn yeah , bitcoin big holders would never share on public how much bitcoin they made in 2009 and hodling it until now.
Because they realize government will confiscate the amount offhandedly.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501

In which country ?

it was in the usa, a 2011 thread was telling it, i can't find it right now, but i'm sure many members from that time can remember it easily

This might be what you're looking for: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/burtw-arrested-update-charges-dropped-934268
https://www.virtualcurrencyreport.com/2014/02/two-florida-users-of-localbitcoins-com-arrested-for-money-laundering-and-unlicensed-money-transmission/
legendary

In which country ?

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

why would the police confiscate  his coins ? don't say lies without proves
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Many early adopters probably made more than that but this guy here won 84 bitcoins recently and if you go by today's price its about 37000 USD. Its not 50000 as you mentioned but this is the start of the year, he'll probably make a lot more by the end of it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
I think the people who have made the craziest amounts of profits don't tend to spend a lot of time on this forum because they are pretty much busy with their trading operations Wink
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

In which country ?

Do they have to declare these bitcoin profits to the IRS every year in their annual tax revenue?
Pages:
Jump to: