Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is a Bitcoin whale? - page 5. (Read 8249 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 17, 2015, 04:12:34 PM

I think Andreas said that he "doesn't how that many Bitcoins" but has never revealed his wallet.

He said he came along in 2011 so the super early gains are unlikely. I think I've heard him mention having 100 something coins but I might have imagined it.

i read about BCX that admitted that he had 5k bitcoin, i don't know if that true but it should be considered

also there was one early adopter here with over 200k bitcoin, i remember his story about police bursting into his home, i can't find the original topic, it was from 2011

That might've been Knightmb. There was some weirdness about Bob Dole's tax records or something related to that raid. At one point he said he had 371,000 coins but has given them away. Er, ok.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2015, 03:45:38 PM
who fits a bitcoin whale?

most likely are the ones who run and offer services to the bitcoin community. eg: coinbase, primedice, the twins recent exchange thats about to launch.

Those are all whales.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
June 17, 2015, 03:13:05 PM
i read about BCX that admitted that he had 5k bitcoin, i don't know if that true but it should be considered

also there was one early adopter here with over 200k bitcoin, i remember his story about police bursting into his home, i can't find the original topic, it was from 2011
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
June 17, 2015, 02:44:04 PM
Mega early adopters or already fiat millonaires with 100000+ BTC can move markets at will, specially under cooperation. They can rig the market if they all act in sync, thats why we need price crashes, to scare all those lucky individuals holding too much money and spread out the wealth across individuals.

I think a miniwhale is anyone with more than 1000 BTC. Alone can't do much, but a group of them can set trends.

I know a few people with over a 1000 coins, I've seen them start a 5-10% downtrend on Bitfinex with 4x margin back when that was available.

Are they forum posters? The only people in here that have admited to have 1000+ coins as far as I remember are rpietila and the main devs. I think Andreas said that he "doesn't how that many Bitcoins" but has never revealed his wallet.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
June 17, 2015, 01:38:40 PM
Mega early adopters or already fiat millonaires with 100000+ BTC can move markets at will, specially under cooperation. They can rig the market if they all act in sync, thats why we need price crashes, to scare all those lucky individuals holding too much money and spread out the wealth across individuals.

I think a miniwhale is anyone with more than 1000 BTC. Alone can't do much, but a group of them can set trends.

I know a few people with over a 1000 coins, I've seen them start a 5-10% downtrend on Bitfinex with 4x margin back when that was available.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
June 17, 2015, 01:37:32 PM

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
June 17, 2015, 12:47:38 PM
Just wanted to get thoughts and do sort of a survey..

In your opinion, who fits the description Bitcoin Whale? Who's eligible to be called a mini whale?

Responses appreciated Smiley

Follow me on twitter: @cryptotipz
Pages:
Jump to: