Pages:
Author

Topic: Who is behind this downtrend we see right now ? - page 2. (Read 341 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 0
the tokyo guy from japan and maybe the silk road coin auctions by CIA,anyone thinks otherwise?
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I see many of you saying that the crypto whales are behind this downtrend that we see now. But if this is true why do they push it so far ? Not even the whales will meke money in this market. And if pushing it to far the whole crypto market might collapse. Than no one will make money anymore. Know media and all the fud out there have a huge impact on the market to.
This is not how it works. It is true (or assumed?) that the whales are the one who causes the prices to go up and down. This is what they usually do (once again, this is all assumed) - They start buying a bitcoin causing the price to rise significantly. Other people seeing this price rise starts to invest on bitcoin causing the price to go up further (at this points the whales have bought enough to keep them stocked). When the price of the coins goes up significantly, the whales starts to sell their coins which in turn causes the price to drop back. Seeing the price fall, other investors starts to panic and ends up selling their coins, causing further downtrend. The whales take their advantage and once again starts to invest on the coins, thus continuing the cycle.
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
Might be the financial institution,because as i can see the candles of bitcoin are so manipulated? + - $200 per candle? and it needs a lot of money to do that,only those financial institutions will be able to manipulate a single candle and it needs billions of dollars to do that,so we need to get along with these people so that we will know what will they do to the market.
Activity: 39
I think it's an artificial price drop that provoked a few big players to buy a maximum of coins at the lowest price.

hope they wont play too far Undecided
Activity: 532
Merit: 107
I don't think anyone controlling the price right now, it's natural for crypto going down and up. If you have been following crypto last 6 months, you will have an idea, why it's happening right now. But most probably the worst is over, we might see some Green in next few weeks, finger crossed.
Activity: 39
You are right about the information background, only negative news related to crypto-currencies around, and this is very hard at the rate of these currencies, but everything will change when governments of different countries adopt regulatory laws, after that there will be no speculation and theories, the market will calm down and continue to grow.

with government control market wont grow fast and if it would it will be profitable only for government members
Activity: 275
Merit: 11
I see many of you saying that the crypto whales are behind this downtrend that we see now. But if this is true why do they push it so far ? Not even the whales will meke money in this market. And if pushing it to far the whole crypto market might collapse. Than no one will make money anymore. Know media and all the fud out there have a huge impact on the market to.
Not only the whales,financial institutions such as CME and Wallstreet who are the main players in cryptocurrencies,because it needs billions of dollars before you can manipulate 1 candle in a 1minute chart,so this is very impossible if those whales are the ones who are manipulating the market,the biggest whales are the ones who are running these institutions.
Activity: 68
I think it's an artificial price drop that provoked a few big players to buy a maximum of coins at the lowest price.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10

After the last year's boom ended, it seems to me that the current state of affairs, including the price of Bitcoin is optimal. Just those who bought at the peak are now disappointed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 3
Obviously whales who have huge investments in crypto but if you hold and be patience everything will be fine, the panic sellers make more down fall and that';s what whales makes you do
Activity: 308
The sentiment changed rapidly since end 2017. Crytpo is still largely speculation (the only real use cases now are maybe BTC as digital gold and ETH as ICO platform) so the price can be easily manipulated in both directions

Anyway I'm confident in a bullish sentiment change soon, waiting then for real case adoption for crypto (like lighting network working for BTC or many working Dapps built on the Ethereum network)
Activity: 182
A lot of people blame it on Google's decision to ban crypto ads like FB.

So, that might be it. Smiley
Activity: 320
I think they realize that they are doing and will not destroy the market, it will also not be profitable for them.
Activity: 125
I am not sure who is causing the downtrend right now but a friend said that Mt. Gox is still not done dumping its bitcoin in the market so we are still experiencing the dip. I was really looking forward to see my portfolio in green at the end of this month but it seems that we will have to wait a month or two to see some improvements on these coins that we hold. Let's just be positive about this though and see it as an advantage to buy more coins while the whales are dumping.
Activity: 168
there are multiple reasons, banks prohibit the purchase of a crypto with a c.card
G20 and mt gox, and other negative news has an impact on the decline
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
I think the whales will not sell, this is just a bad issue that was deliberately done, they are just waiting for when all have been affected and the market has crashing, then it's a good time for them to buy.

If they buy btc now for $8000 and a few months btc rise to $10k or even more, from the price difference you can imagine how much profit they get.

This is just my opinion, correct me if I am wrong.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Solely manipulation.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
not just one reason for this dip .
mt gox trustee , G20 summit , chart of previous years at this time , regulation , etc all are playing their role in this dip .
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform
The whales are taking advantage of the bad news being released by the media regarding cryptocurrency regulations, Google banning crypto ads, Mt. Gox's controversial massive BTC withdrawals and so on. Since the whales are in control, they are playing the minds of the newbies and inexperienced traders to sell off their Bitcoins and altcoins for them to buy again at lower prices just for the purpose to increase their portfolio. It's just normal guys, this is how the world of cryptocurrency is all about. Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 108

One reason may be the ghost from Mt. Gox selling their huge Bitcoin supply (this information was somehow confirmed). Another reason is generally a "bear mood" related to increasing regulation effort of governments and some negative news from different corners of the world.
Pages:
Jump to: